User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TR vs All

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TR vs All

I just sorta was interested in what you all thought about doing this.

I like them, but as I'm in TR... I think my opinion is a little bias, Heh.

Mostly, I was wondering your opinion, as a player on the server (Weather your TR or not), on the TR vs All games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psi_RedEye22
    Did your head actually get BIGGER going from Vicious to TR? :P
    nah, it's always been that big :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :?

I think he was asking if you liked the TR vs. ALL matches on our server that we occasionally have. Last time we tried that, the reg objected.
    --
    CaveDog
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only been there once, and I quickly left.

Having a game of 9 on 5 wasn't very fun or challenging. Perhaps for TR, but I'd rather play a real game.
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psi_RedEye22
    Did your head actually get BIGGER going from Vicious to TR? :P
    Have you been on the server?

If you don't know what I'm talking about kindly shut up. =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like it got bigger and he's developed an attitude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentley
    Looks like it got bigger and he's developed an attitude
    More like encouraging a player I'd like to see play a little more often, come and actualy play. Was hoping to inspire a spark of wonderance about what's been happening on our server.

But as that's happily been ruined by the quote above, I decided I'd give away my scheme.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveDog
    :?

I think he was asking if you liked the TR vs. ALL matches on our server that we occasionally have. Last time we tried that, the reg objected.
    This is exactly what I was asking. Now, can we get back to the matter at hand?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But as that's happily been ruined by the quote above, I decided I'd give away my scheme.
    Oh I knew your devious scheme, but I felt like riding you a bit Call it payback.

As for TR vs. et all if it's an organized match, sure, that would be fun. But just randomly piling the members of TR on one team against a random public team, well, I just call that Stacking. Something I though we were trying to avoid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentley
    As for TR vs. et all if it's an organized match, sure, that would be fun. But just randomly piling the members of TR on one team against a random public team, well, I just call that Stacking. Something I though we were trying to avoid.
    I've only played in one TR-vs. so far, and it was discussed before teams were formed, with no objections that I remember. Of course, Wyz was crazy and was calling for a 5v9, so we had one non-TR play with us. Nice struggle, and TR probably would have lost except pubbies started filing in and filled up the server, messing up the teams.

As a TR guy, I enjoyed the strategy and teamwork that being undermanned required. If the regs who play vs. TR enjoy those games, I'd love to do more in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    everytime this happened we (tr) asked everyone in the RR if they wanted it that way.... before playing...
    most of the time it was 9 vs 6(TR)

and if 1 guy on said no we did not play...

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I'm there, I'll do what I've always done. I'll ask if everyone present wants to have a TR vs ALL match.

If that means 5 TR and 8 REG, and two REGs pipe up and say HELL YES, but no one else says anything, then we do NOT have a TR vs ALL match. If there's no interest from the REGs, then the movement doesn't have support, and it won't happen.

I developed this personal requirement after watching TR team up against a team of REGs who had a few outspoken supporters of the whole idea. The problem is, everyone else, supporters and otherwise, stays silent while the idea is being discussed, then those who are silently against the idea join a game they don't want to be in, then feel like they've been "stacked" against when the game is over.

All that matters is what the people on the server at the time have to say about it. It's not random, it's not stacking, and it's not for everyone. It requires a group of players (majoratively regulars, but not exclusively) who understand.... and truely appreciate.. the requirements of working as a team and communicating brilliantly. Because if you're a team of TG REGs going up against a smaller team all of TR players, both understanding teamwork and appreciating it are your only hopes of winning. TR is held to the same standard.

TR has yet to win such a game (with one skewed exception, where the teams got unbalanced along the way), and it's because the people playing on the other team understood and appreciated teamwork. I like these games because it forces EVERY SINGLE PLAYER on the server to work WITH YOUR TEAM. If you don't, your team is going to lose. And that's what this server is all about.

You'll see me asking for these matches most times that the server has 4 or more TR and at least 12 players. For god sakes, offer your opinion. Don't just stay silent. "No" is a perfectly acceptable answer.

Wyzcrak

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's nice to see three TR members post at the exact same time and discover three different perspectives on the same exact principles. We're not here to ruin anybody's day, you know. We're just trying to help everyone have fun.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    change is sometimes fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billybob
    change is sometimes fun
    Change is GOOD.
    I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast