Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This forum, and this server are DEAD

I haven't seen anyone on here since early last week. I head mention of some prvate games on Fanatik's server, but the IP address I have doesn't respond to pings...

Shad0wRIP
    Ya think the majority of us are waiting for some coop to get on the server......

dogfighting can only amuse one for so long.....and is a good break from coop now and then......

But untill there is some coop on the server i think that most will be joining each other on hosted games to play coop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought we were waiting for spectre?

He's the man here.....I was just waiting for him to get back and set up some coop...

As for now, I'd love to join you guys in a hosted server

Fanatik
    Heya NippleCorn.... just to let you know, I host up co-op games for IL2 when I'm online, but I'm not hosting a dedicated server.... its just a friendly game to do some co-op until the TG server can serve up some co-op for us... thats why you haven't been able to find it. Look for me in the Flite Sim room on TS. I am usually doing IL2 or LOMAC co-op for those that are interested. By the way, your assesment in the other forum of LOMAC was a bit harsh. Just like any new sim or program it has a learning curve, but one of the advantages of belonging to TG is that everyone is willing to help bring everyone else up to speed on these games, and it makes for a fun playing and learning environment. I hope you will reconsider getting it. LOMAC is a lot of fun, and I forsee many TG players joining in. Anyway, I hope to see you soon!
    Che6... Fanatik

Fanatik
    Heya NippleCorn.... just to let you know, I host up co-op games for IL2 when I'm online, but I'm not hosting a dedicated server.... its just a friendly game to do some co-op until the TG server can serve up some co-op for us... thats why you haven't been able to find it. Look for me in the Flite Sim room on TS. I am usually doing IL2 or LOMAC co-op for those that are interested. By the way, your assesment in the other forum of LOMAC was a bit harsh. Just like any new sim or program it has a learning curve, but one of the advantages of belonging to TG is that everyone is willing to help bring everyone else up to speed on these games, and it makes for a fun playing and learning environment. I hope you will reconsider getting it. LOMAC is a lot of fun, and I forsee many TG players joining in. Anyway, I hope to see you soon!
    Che6... Fanatik

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im thinking of getting the game but is my computer read for it ?? 1.6 Ghz processor and 256sd ram video card Nvida 64mb Ti 200 is that good enough ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The minimum requirements for LOMAC are lower than what you have Brooklyn. I think you'll be able to run it. Although, Jex and I get about 20 fps and we have decent systems. I'll try turning all my options on low and see what framerates I get. Oh, just get the game because it's pretty good.
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok Ill get it then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry its taking so long to get co-op going. The IL2 dedicated server does not support co-op. So we must look for other solutions. As of now the only solution is the DCG which also will not work with the dedicated server. I have contacted the maker of the DCG program and he has generously offered to help get co-op on a dedicated server. So as of now we are waiting on him. When I get a copy that works I will install it asap.

If any one else has a solution please pm me, as I have found no other option.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
    --Douglas Adams

Fanatik
    I hope you join in Brooklyn... you would be a great addition to our ranks. As far as your machine goes, it will run LOMAC as is, but unfortunately you will need to turn down many of the graphic options. Even at the lower levels it will still look great. The one thing I would suggest though is to add another 256 of ram. The game becomes quite disk intensive with only 256 of ram, and the load times become a bit long, as well as disk access during gameplay. Another 256 of ram will aleviate that problem, and you will notice the bonus of vastly increased performance on all your other games as well. If you have any money left over I would suggest a video card upgrade also. You are at the bare minimum for most games now days (not just LOMAC), and even a modest upgrade will get you much better performance. I hope I don't seem too harsh to you... I build computers regularily, and would be happy to give you some suggestions if you would like.. just email me or meet me on TS and we can talk..... Chek6... Fanatik

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-B
    Sorry its taking so long to get co-op going. The IL2 dedicated server does not support co-op. So we must look for other solutions. As of now the only solution is the DCG which also will not work with the dedicated server. I have contacted the maker of the DCG program and he has generously offered to help get co-op on a dedicated server. So as of now we are waiting on him. When I get a copy that works I will install it asap.

The Dynamic Campaign Generator (http://members.shaw.ca/lowengrin) purportedly supports two co-op maps. Maybe we should check that option out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NippleCorn

The Dynamic Campaign Generator (http://members.shaw.ca/lowengrin) purportedly supports two co-op maps. Maybe we should check that option out?
    Ummm, didn't he just say that he's talking to the maker of DCG?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CingularDuality

LOL...whoops!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CingularDuality

Yes, but remember that The Dynamic Campaign Generator (http://members.shaw.ca/lowengrin) purportedly supports two co-op maps. Maybe we should check that option out?

LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i cant believe that someone would make a game that only supports dogfight and not campaign over net... ubi soft are real butt holes... i have been steadily disingaged with their latest efforts at games because of all the problems.

jesus they should get the team who made GR and put them on all of there furture gaming ideas. because the rest of the bozos that make their games concentrate on graphics more than playability.

i like loma, but i cant stand the fact that i have to buy the game then get the newest graphics card and 1 gig memory to have it running decent... only to fly about 6 planes... i know there are variations but come on there is only so much fun you can have with the amout of planes...

i will not swear it off though and i might join up with you guys when i get a chgance to reinstall the game but i hope that my problem was i was in a bad mood last time i played it because i was very close to throwing out the window.

www.TeamElement.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast