Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

American Pilot flies the bird, lands in hot water

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/americas/01/14/finger.gesture.reut/index.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smooth move Mr. Pilot. A real career-advancing move.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Treat others the way you wish to be treated.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    America is awesome, We're the only country with people that would do somthing like that.

The arrogance is like, I dunno, I like it, Lmao. We're the renegades of the world, I think it's hillarious.

I'm not saying it's cool to flip people off when we go into their country, I'm just saying I think it's funny that you wouldn't hear about some one in another country coming over and doing that to us. Either they've done it, and we didn't jump all over them, because we were just like "Who cares? we're still awesome!" or they don't out of respect, for a country who's general population shows no respect towards other countries. I think the Irony of it is amazingly funny.

America is awesome.

Seriously, It is. That entire news story made me laugh.

Spectre
    The whole world is just jealous they don't have electricity and edible food.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No people from other countries don't come to America and act snooty at all. Ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: American Pilot flies the bird, lands in hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/americas/01/14/finger.gesture.reut/index.html
    What a f**king joke, "the pilot will be charged with disobeying authority. A judge will decide whether Hirsch, 52, will be deported or tried in Brazil."

I bare my arse towards Brazil right now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joke indeed. If he faces jail time for this, then Brazil's tourism image will take hit.
    FROM THE TACTICAL GAMER PRIMER.
    3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Spectre
    Quote Originally Posted by leejo
    Smooth move Mr. Pilot. A real career-advancing move.
    On a more thoughtful note. Did it ever occur to you that by the time a story has been reported on the News that it's been either totally blown out of proportion OR stripped of all surrounding circumstance???

Did it ever occure to some of you out there that maybe the pilot was being harrassed by the Brazilian authorities??? What if they insulted the U.S. in front of him??? This is not an unlikely scenario, especially in this day and age of jealousy and hatred being directed toward the United States and Americans in general.

Being that the pilot is 52 and not 25, I'd suppose he had a reason to flip off the Brazillian authorities, as most 52 year olds I know don't go-round acting like a jerk-headed teenager. Especially 52 year old pilots with thousands of hours logged as a pilot along with all the responsibilities that position brings.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This hardly seems to me something deserving of so much attention.

If I'm a state officer for the state of Kentucky, and I'm driving through a road block in New Jersey on state business, and I flip off one of the officers at the road block, then I've committed an offense and should be held responsible for my decision.

Short of extenuating circumstances, there's going to be consequences for my actions when I get back to Kentucky. And, if New Jersey can show laws supporting it, they might have consequences for me as well. But, from a debate standpoint, that's irrelevant. The point is.. I decided to play big shot and I got burned.

They've charged him with a specific offense, and I would hope that a specific punishment goes along with it, even if it's nothing more than a symbolic fine. He serves the punishment, and life goes on. He chose.... poorly. If he doesn't like the punishment (and it doesn't violate his human rights), he should have read up about the country he was in before he let his hormones go unchecked.

Where's the news??

Wyzcrak

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh, they want him to pay a fine of....get this... $13,000. Which is like $40,000 to them. That's not justice -- that's extortion.
    FROM THE TACTICAL GAMER PRIMER.
    3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now we're taking offense at the measure of the punishment, not the existance of one. That seems more reasonable to me.

I'm all for justice, and I hope his superiors will come to his aid if he is being treated inappropriately.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if they insulted the U.S. in front of him???
    Oh my gosh! If they insulted the US in front of him he just might actually have to act like the bigger man and LET IT GO!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "He made an internationally known obscene gesture when he was being photographed by the Federal Police,"
    Brilliant.

Edit:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaxman
    "He made an internationally known obscene gesture when he was being photographed by the Federal Police,"
    Brilliant.
    This probably happens at least once a day just in Dallas from various visitors to the United States from other countries. There's no way that we'd ever get away with trying to prosecute, say, a Mexican for doing that. The only way I can see that charge being used is it it's added to an assault on a federal agent charge, and it's used against, say, a frenchie frenchman...

This is not justice that is taking place in Brazil. It's politics, pure and simple.

Justice would've been for Brasilian immigration to make him sit in the airport until he missed his flight. Justice would've been for them to take him into a back room and scare him. Justice may even have been to deny him the right to fly into Brasil anymore.

Sucks to be a political pawn... Especially when you became one because of your own poor judgement...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast