Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ns_nancy 3.0f walkthrough

My machine just can't do great quality when it comes to capturing video from the screen, but here's me walking around ns_nancy on an empty NS 3.0 playtesting server.

Despite my +use command being bound the the default "e" key, I was unable to "+use" anything on the map. Seeing as how I don't playtest 3.0, I'm not sure if this is a problem with my Steam installation, NS 3.0f, or the ns_nancy map itself. Anyway, it kept me from opening doors. I would have tried using parasite to open doors, but I was the only player on the server and couldn't start a game. Despite not being able to open doors, I found it possible to get to almost all of the map.

The first minute of the movie is pretty much me figuring out the best way to get into the map. The "holes" in the ready room don't really work as advertised, but I finally use a bind to join the alien team. You can see me getting "stuck" on some invisible "walls" in both the ready room and the rest of the map.

Visually, I'd say it's not the same ns_nancy I remember. However, from a playability standpoint (which is what matters), I'm pleasantly surprised with how exactly it follows the original ns_nancy's layout and design. The few changes the remake team made are, in my opinion, excellent.

I very much look forward to playing this map on our server and with you guys.

The image quality of the capture is poor enough as it is, so I didn't compress the captured video in any way. What little quality there is I want you guys to have. This makes the download bigger, but most of us are on broadband.

ns_nancy 3.0f walkthrough
    ~91 MB

Wyzcrak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psi_RedEye22
    Unknown format or damaged
    .... just like wyzcrak :P (the unknown format part, that is)

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm. That's no good. Can someone else validate this problem?

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm. I just downloaded the zip file, extracted and opened the .wmv file and it played for me no problem. I'm using Windows Media Player 9.00.00.3075 to play the file.

On a side note, the video has no audio. This is by design.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ran great for me... not much is diffrent...
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
    --Douglas Adams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't work for me either.
    Won't unzip using WINRAR or Winzip or pkunzip.
    I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    worked for me....

i agree with big not much has changed...

the one thing i did like was the new hallway system near the one hive i cant remember the name of it (not noname or port) the other..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Despite my +use command being bound the the default "e" key, I was unable to "+use" anything on the map. Seeing as how I don't playtest 3.0, I'm not sure if this is a problem with my Steam installation, NS 3.0f, or the ns_nancy map itself. Anyway, it kept me from opening doors. I would have tried using parasite to open doors, but I was the only player on the server and couldn't start a game. Despite not being able to open doors, I found it possible to get to almost all of the map.
    Negative. This is a result of you being the only one in the server, and the match not having started. Try it on our server some time. If your the only one on the server, and the match hasn't started, none of the switches will work, and any breakable glass will be unbreakable. In my experience, elevators are the only 'moving' entities that work in this state, and doors that automaticly open for you.

Downloading the movie now...
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psi_RedEye22
    Unknown format or damaged
    Did you "Right Click and Save As"? I found this only downloads a 400KB file, that is corrupt. However if I just clicked on the link and let it load, I was transferred the full video file.
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem, Thanks Bent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one thing I noticed is they madde the hallways and rooms bigger, I guess for the Onos'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it the holiday season yet? I want to play again.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
    --Douglas Adams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-B
    No it isn't.

And who are you again??
    I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HSantal
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-B
    No it isn't.

And who are you again??
    he has a lot of posts to his name, but i don't recall seeing any of them... hm, odd. o_O

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could someone rehost it please, whenever i try to DL it i get the same problems.