User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video lag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Video lag

Well, I did the refresh rate change (put it to 1), and it cleared up ALL my terrain detail problems. It works great. Now the only problem I have is when I am flying, my screen lags. It freezes for about a second at a time. Usually resulting in me hitting inanimate objects (like the ground). I have my video settings on low with the one setting, "view distance", set at 80%. Why is this happening? does anyone have the same problem? If so, what can I do to fix this? In game, it runs fine. However, I only have this problem with playing online.
    Find it, Sight it, Shoot it! :icon24:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coldbore, this sounds like a connection problem...you have cable connection, right? I have cable now, I had DSL before Xmas....DSL is 25% faster than Cable.

Your gonna have to live with it or switch to Vibe.

Rob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I am on Cable. I thought vibe (or DSL) was slower.
    Find it, Sight it, Shoot it! :icon24:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get little tiny studders in my video lag. It's reallllllyyyy annoying. Does ANYONE know how to remedy this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coldbore
    I have my video settings on low with the one setting, "view distance", set at 80%.
    I haven't played with it much, but when I had my distance set at 100%, I wasn't able to play the game. I set it at 50% and everything's peachy...

Quote Originally Posted by patorean
    DSL is 25% faster than Cable.
    This depends on so many variables, that I would have to just say that this statement is false.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CingularDuality

This depends on so many variables, that I would have to just say that this statement is false.
    Yeah, most of the time I get speeds faster than DSL would be. The cable network is nowhere near being saturated here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ....DSL is 25% faster than Cable.

Rob
    I think this depends on a number of factors and is not necessarily true. If you are really close to a trunking station you would probably get good performance but I don't know too many people on DSL that can upload at 80-100K/s and download at 200-600K/sec like I can on my uncrowded cable node.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is one of 2 things. Sound quality, or RAM. I am upgrading from 512 to 1GB soon, so I will tell you if that is it. I have already upgaded my vid card, to no effect. I have reduced my sound settings, to no effect. If I still have this problem after installing more RAM, I will uninstall the game.

I lag basically whenever it is most inconvenient to lag. It is most frustrating, and I would rather not play if that is the case.
    FROM THE TACTICAL GAMER PRIMER.
    3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think your results are unusual, I have the same problems online anyway (lagging slide-show at the worst possible times). Makes for a really frustrating experience unfortunately. I'm done with upgrading my PC every year just to play a game or two, its complete BS.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your DSL provider and Cable provider might each use a different Internet backbone, thereby changing the path of your traffic between your house and anywhere you visit.

Where I am, Cable is really really fast and DSL pretty much blows by comparison. But everyone's broadband is different it seems.

Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

43452045524748454146204742204754202d204642424121

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie

Yeah, most of the time I get speeds faster than DSL would be. The cable network is nowhere near being saturated here.

In my service area, DSL uses ping around 54-75....cable pings around 75-150
    False? no. Math wrong..yes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How close is the DSL user to the telecom? How many cable users are on a node? What types of modems are being used? Are different backbones being accessed? What kind of internal network is the ISP using? Proxy servers? How big is the internal network? You can't just say "DSL is faster than cable". You got a bit closer when you added "in my service area", but you'd have to also add " from talking to people I know" in order to convince me...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, memory is king! I just upgraded to 1 GB, and nearly all of my video lag is gone. It's still there when I load, but after that, it's not noticable.

Plus, you will load the maps 3x faster! Be there when the game actually starts for a change!

It is sad but true, 512MB is just not enough.
    FROM THE TACTICAL GAMER PRIMER.
    3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How close is the DSL user to the telecom? How many cable users are on a node? What types of modems are being used? Are different backbones being accessed? What kind of internal network is the ISP using? Proxy servers? How big is the internal network? You can't just say "DSL is faster than cable". You got a bit closer when you added "in my service area", but you'd have to also add " from talking to people I know" in order to convince me...
    Do you just disagree with everyone just to disagree?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you just disagree with everyone just to disagree?

Cing is the :twisted: 's advocate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast