User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tags off? Please?

I can't stand tags anymore.

Seriously. They ruin everything. You can't snipe, you can't hide, you can't fly.....all the enemy has to do is point their cursor over you to be able to see who's flying that jet that just whizzed by his head at 300 mph.

I think that it would do our server good if we just turned them off. I think that it fits our style of play better...

What do you guys think?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tags are set to a really close range. You shouldn't be able to see anyone from that far of a distance away.

Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

43452045524748454146204742204754202d204642424121

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are they? Sorry then...I haven't played here all weekend, so I just assumed that they were still on.

I guess I should research before I post. Sorry!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a catch 22. The tags have been set to view only when you are closer to the enemy, however, at that range, you should be able to make out the style of uniform. Right? I say turn them off. If you have any doubts about guys flyin aircraft, wait till he kills you once, then you will know it is a bad guy. LOL :twisted: You should know by using TS who is in what aircraft. Would this inprove performance of the game due to less variables? Marginally I think. Am I wrong? :shock:
    Find it, Sight it, Shoot it! :icon24:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coldbore
    You should know by using TS who is in what aircraft.
    Doesn't do any good if that person is not on TS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a catch 22. The tags have been set to view only when you are closer to the enemy, however, at that range, you should be able to make out the style of uniform. Right? I say turn them off. If you have any doubts about guys flyin aircraft, wait till he kills you once, then you will know it is a bad guy. LOL :twisted: You should know by using TS who is in what aircraft. Would this inprove performance of the game due to less variables? Marginally I think. Am I wrong? :shock:

Well, it's nice to know who people are when you get that close to them (When they're on your team).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that close you should hopefully recognize the uniform. But if they are in a vehicle, you don't see the uniform. Not everyone is on TS either, especially with the number pubbies we are getting.

Quote Originally Posted by MikoLovesYou
    Well, it's nice to know who people are when you get that close to them (When they're on your team).
    I think the friendly tags can be seen at a greater distance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i dont no if what i got to say matters or not but not every body is on ts and i know some of my guys r just starting and aint the smartest in the bunch like me lol and they tk some times and i think that there would be a lot more complaining by all of us about other guys who like to play but have no concept of the uniforms and r tk on accident because they well u no what i mean lol :evil: i would like shorter spawn time kill u later 8)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HELLO!?!?!! HOW 'BOUT USING THE MINIMAP BEFORE YOU KILL YOUR TEAMMATES?!?!!!!!!!!

Sorry, had to get that off my chest...

I wouldn't mind seeing tags off completely, although I don't mind where it's set right now... The way it was before was wicked crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Tags off? Please?

I think that it would do our server good if we just turned them off. I think that it fits our style of play better...

I think it would work too. After all, if you are close enough to see tags, then you should be able to make out the different uniforms. As for who is flyin what aircraft, isn't that what TS is for. 8)
    Find it, Sight it, Shoot it! :icon24:

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm mostly worried about some of the guys who play on our server yet refuse to get on TS. Turning off the tags gives you zero protection against the pubbies that won't get on our TS server.

Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

43452045524748454146204742204754202d204642424121

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snipermike
    well i dont no if what i got to say matters or not but not every body is on ts and i know some of my guys r just starting and aint the smartest in the bunch like me lol and they tk some times and i think that there would be a lot more complaining by all of us about other guys who like to play but have no concept of the uniforms and r tk on accident because they well u no what i mean lol :evil: i would like shorter spawn time kill u later 8)
    This must be juggernaut's brother.
    I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would vote to keep them on at close range. I usually have a few people that I work together with and not being able to see names would put an end to that.

Or, if someone knows a way to upload real life faces to skin the players with that would work too .

GreyMatter
    I have no problem with tags being on or off. But something I noticed the other night while playing opposition , one of our team members picked up the Allied Special forces kit and his beret changed to the SF hat. This can throw you off on uniforms if you just check for the type of head cover before you shoot.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyMatter
    I have no problem with tags being on or off. But something I noticed the other night while playing opposition , one of our team members picked up the Allied Special forces kit and his beret changed to the SF hat. This can throw you off on uniforms if you just check for the type of head cover before you shoot.
    This is true. It's part of the game. If I ran into you wearing my enemies uniform, I'd shoot you between the eyes. Of coures, if you're close enough, your tag will show up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast