Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raven Shield TvT - Do you know what your missing?

Myself, Sarc, Logical, Gaz, Brooklyn have just been playing RvS TVT on the public servers. What a rush!!

This game rocks tvt, or at least has the potential to be great. We made sure we all got on the same team and spawned in. The game started and we were off, but we didn't do what everyone else did, which was to run and gun. Instead we stuck together and moved fairly tactically, covering each other as we did.

For our 1st TvT match, not knowing the maps at all well or where the other teams spawned, we did really well. All of us at one point or another had multiple kills in the 3's and above for various rounds. We got our asses kicked only occaisionally but mostly we were winning the matches.

The TvT element really opens up this game. Forget CooP - this game needs TvT. The human factor is so much better. Whilst we only played team survival there are more game modes (Hostage rescue, bomb detonation, etc) that can be played.

Run n Gun goes only so far. Play this game tactically and you're on to a winner. Serious gun fights at choke points, hidden snipers, booby traps - and all close up and personal.

TG members would find a lot of challenge in this I think. Where as GR is played mainly coop because the AI is good, RvS imo, need to be played the opposite. It plays so well in TvT. It's fast and the comms are racing. You barely have time to think.

It also makes you work with your team mates so much more than GR does. In GR tvt a lot of the time you go off as indivduals or you work to a plan but it's left up to you where to go. RvS has you moving along like a wolf pack. You are one element. You lead guy hits a corner and shouts "Contact - 2 up on the left!" Instantly he takes a knee so No.2 can shoot over him. Number three already has a frag launched down the corridor whilst 4 and 5 cover the six (always have 2 covering the six if you can afford it). Then 4 and 5 take the lead, leap frogging past and the whole team moves fluidly through - or at least will with practice.

We managed to get so good fluid moves, cover and fire going. M60 pouring rounds through the door as someone launches a grenade knowing hes safe.

If you have the game but think perhaps it has died a death - try it again with some TvT and some team mates. You may be surprised at how much you like it. For me, RvS has been loosing it's appeal. Playing TvT for the first time tonight has changed that feeling. Changed it enough for me to write this mass of crap lol. I loved it and look forward to the next bout.

I posted this here because there's not much activity in the RvS forums and wanted everyone to know that this can be great fun. If you still have the game dig it out and fire it up. Make sure you have your buddies with you and show those punk-ass Ubi run ''n gunners how to play the game the TG way.

Jex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was pretty good doing some Adversarial today. Team Survival really had a lot of action since maps are so small. Engagements occur within seconds of spawning. I would like to try out more objective based game types. I remember Hostage Rescue and Bomb being quite interesting.

I find that we should move in separate groups though. One large 5 man force gets crowded on some maps. I think a 3 man squad would work well with 2 at the front and the third covering six.

I have to say that the action is so fast. Some of my kills were flukes and I was spraying and praying every round. I'd like to see some action with claymores and C4.
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I noticed that those two options were missing from every server we entered lol. Now HB sensors I don't like - they take away a lot of the skill in playing imo. For instance the guy around the corner from me. I heard him walk right up to it and then a sound of changing weapons (to HB), then back to weap and I died. Had he not had HB I would've had him. If they are enabled then I'd say they are vital for the team to have as there is certainly an advantage to be gained with them rather than without.

Larger maps would be a lot better with the chance to set up ambushes with explosives - things that are hard to do with HB's enabled.

I like the idea of HR and BD. To make these realistic we would have to have the terrorists already set up in position and restrict there weapons. In MP do opfor look like terrorists or do they have Rainbow skins?

Thanks,

J.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might be checking this game out soon. I have heard a lot about it and I've been itchin for some CQB action.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im going to start playing again soon, but the server is always empty when I check it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm afraid to get this game in fears that it's going to turn into another OFP (I buy the game, everyone stops playing )

If it is as much fun as you guys say it is (and it's as fun as rogue spear), I will purchase the game as soon as today. What do you think? Could be get some games going as soon as tonight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miko, I'd be happy to play OFP w/ you whenever you'd like. Hollar when you're on.

I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riyker
    Miko, I'd be happy to play OFP w/ you whenever you'd like. Hollar when you're on.

Will Do! I may even be on tonight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to play some OFP tonight. Monday didn't pan out for the null gathering...

I think all players get regular skins during Adversarial. Maybe that mod Temporary Tango changes things but I'm not sure. It could be changing a few lines in every map to allow terrorist skins on one team.

With HB sensor, there are ways to counter it so I'm not too bothered. Jex, if you heard that guy switch to HB you should have whacked him with his pants down! :P
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I wasn't sure and it was so quick in changing. I probably scared the hell out of him lol.

Miko we only played our 1st TvT last night so it's just the start. I hope we're gonna play a lot, lot more
    Jex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's play some OFP tonight then....I'll pick up raven shield tomorrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have admin duties tonight so I doubt can make it. How about the weekend? CTI anyone?
    Jex.

FireMarshal
    Swat 3 is an awsome game if you get a few plp that know how to play and are serious about it... I mean really playing with tactics and team play... I enjoy that game very much but hate the free for all games...

Anyone that wants to play and or learn (seriously)... let me know..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have swat3 but haven't installed it yet. I'd be up for some tuition on it. You free this weekend?
    Jex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey FireMarshal you should try playing Ghost Recon every once in a while! It's a really fun game when you play with people who know how to play and are serious about it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast