Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warhammer. Regular or 40K

Well, i guess this is the right place for it..

Do any of you play WH? if so which one, what army, what'cha got, you know what i mean.

I play 40K, and have the basic tau army. i'm going to get some more peices once i find the money..

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I play Mage Knight... if that helps :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure that Wolfie has this game...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mage knights is like.. wanna be warhammer, lol, it has the models already made and whatnot so you can play

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    warhammer 40,000.. oh yeah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CingularDuality
    I'm pretty sure that Wolfie has this game...
    You are correct again sir :P

Warhammer - around 4500 points of Vampire Counts

Warhammer40K - around 3500 points of Space Wolves (will be creating an entire Great Company in the future)
    - around 2500 points of Imperial Guard
    - Tau and Tyranid armies in progress

Epic40K - Imperial Guard/Space Marine army (not sure on points)

Warmaster - Tomb Kings army (not sure on points)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a blast from the past. I used to play Warhammer fantasy armies and roleplay. For armies i had a dark elf army. My mates dad at the time made this huge board that we'd set the scenery on. There were about 7 of us in total.

LOL aaah the memories. Those fetid clouds were a pain if my memory serves me right.
    Jex.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice jex, and holy cows wolfie.
    What are you getting for your tau army? IG are cool, but insanely rediculas, although so is the Tau army, the range with half their guns is insane. Also if you haven't seen for the tau army, they've made it so that half of a pathfinder team can upgrade their pulse carbines to Rail rifles for free, which are basicly small railguns with a S of 6 and a AP of 3, the stats for these are in WD284 or chapter approved, the second one down on the link..

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=Odd&odd=NewLayout&_do=List_Models&code =1843&game=3&database=895&c=1843&imgsize=b

Also, i dunno how far you've gone with the tau, but if you've looked at the them, which do you prefer the hammerhead tank or the broadsuits and why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 1st edition 40k Orks. They were my mom's. (I love my family!)

I MISS MY SNOTLING WARP CANNON.

I also have a basic Epic Ork army. I had a lot of fun special-modeling the jump pack Orks as flying in all directions (one's almost upside down).

And Sammy makes fun of me because I have (40) 40k Gretchin - I think they're "Grotz" now - and they're very, very detailed for minis that are like 3 points each. But I like painting.

Shouldn't this thread be under "strategy games" at the bottom or something?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice, and maybe it should be but i thought that was for electronic strategy games and there isn't a big crowd down there.. :|

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played regular warhammer. That's it. And then only about 3 times.
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackel
    nice jex, and holy cows wolfie.
    What are you getting for your tau army? IG are cool, but insanely rediculas, although so is the Tau army, the range with half their guns is insane.
    Eh, any other army out there just has to get into CC and watch as the entire Tau army folds (even if you got Tau). Hell, the IG does better in CC than the Tau does :P

Also, i dunno how far you've gone with the tau, but if you've looked at the them, which do you prefer the hammerhead tank or the broadsuits and why.
    I got 12 firewarriors, 2 drones, and a broadsuit so I have not gone very far with my Tau yet.

However, I would have to say I don't have a preference in those heavy support choices. Each has its strengths against other armies. Broadsuits can take more firepower (3 railguns, 3 missile systems) but can be taken down by almost any weapon in the game while the Hammerhead has limited firepower, it can be very effective against both armour and infantry and can not be harmed by S6 or less weapons (if the front armour is in LOS).

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psi_RedEye22
    Heroclix. Many of them.
    marvel or dc? or indy? I personally play marvel, dc kinda sucks.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    However, I would have to say I don't have a preference in those heavy support choices. Each has its strengths against other armies. Broadsuits can take more firepower (3 railguns, 3 missile systems) but can be taken down by almost any weapon in the game while the Hammerhead has limited firepower, it can be very effective against both armour and infantry and can not be harmed by S6 or less weapons (if the front armour is in LOS).
    3 rail guns? 3 SMS? i think its only 2, and they are both twin linked. and what limits the hammerhead's firepower?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackel
    3 rail guns? 3 SMS? i think its only 2, and they are both twin linked. and what limits the hammerhead's firepower?
    Check your codex. One Broadside choice allows you to take up to 3 suits equiped with TL Railguns and SMS. So you can take 3 TL railguns and 3 SMS in one Heavy Support choice.

With the Hammerhead, you only get 1 railgun and burst cannons (I think). So you have less firepower in the same choice (if you max out broadside Battlesuits). However, the Hammerhead allows you to use submutions for the railgun which is great against infantry. At least this is what I believe is the case. I don't have the codex available to look at here at work.

If you have the points available for 3 suits, it is usually better to max them out. However, if you don't have the points, it is usually better to go with the Hammerhead as it is tougher to take down. At least that is my opinion and an opinion from someone that has yet to play the Tau in a game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast