Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

joining steam based servers easy....

for all you guys that hate to start steam to check, view and join servers from inside of steam.

I have something for you....

very simple program that lets you view players in any steam based server. without even opening steam...

and will connect to server of you choice instantly.

very simple to use (idiot proof)

try it, you may like it.

Steam Server Joiner

The zip also includes my IP list file, and the older version used to join HL games (non steam)

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just use ASE...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (idiot proof)
    There is no such thing.

And I've never had a problem with the Steam browser anyway :|
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the contribution, billy.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey np just trying to make things easier...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is it that Valve saw how could ASE is, then DELIBERATELY made the steam server browser far less powerfull? Why do I have to click 'details' to see who is playing? why is there no 'force connect' button? Why is there no command line/ rcon thingy? Why don't I have 387 filter options? Why can't I track what server my buddies are playing on? etc.

/rant

Thanks billy i'll check it out.
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

www.MakePovertyHistory.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, it beats the WON server list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zek
    Hey, it beats the WON server list.
    So is writing out the info by hand on a piece of paper. Doesn't mean I'll do it, though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute
    Why is it that Valve saw how could ASE is, then DELIBERATELY made the steam server browser far less powerfull? Why do I have to click 'details' to see who is playing? why is there no 'force connect' button? Why is there no command line/ rcon thingy? Why don't I have 387 filter options? Why can't I track what server my buddies are playing on? etc.

/rant
    The main principle behind steam was to get rid of the WonID system and to establish a server browser software program that allowed for update engines/mods easier in the future. I don't believe Valve had any intention of making steam as a direct replacement for ASE in terms of capabilities. Yes ASE has more features in regards to browser and filters, but can you update any of your games through ASE?

Besides, remember that steam is in its infancy, just like CS and NS were at one point. Give Valve time and pretty soon steam will be the ****.

Emanon
    can anyone get ASE to launch steam correctly?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, works here without problems. ASE considers Steam to be a separate "game" from Half-Life, so make sure the settings on Half-Life Steam are correct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie
    Yes ASE has more features in regards to browser and filters, but can you update any of your games through ASE?
    Well, almost. ASE can notify you when it knows that there's a patch available that you don't have, and you can jump to a download from there. Still "pull" as opposed to the "push" tech of Steam, but I've never really been fond of "push"; I'm a control freak.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by verbose
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie
    Yes ASE has more features in regards to browser and filters, but can you update any of your games through ASE?
    Well, almost. ASE can notify you when it knows that there's a patch available that you don't have, and you can jump to a download from there. Still "pull" as opposed to the "push" tech of Steam, but I've never really been fond of "push"; I'm a control freak.
    I meant to respond to Wolfie but forgot. I prefer ASE's approach to update management over Steam's.. for the same reasons I pay my bills with online e-checks instead of having the vendors pull money from my accounts automatically.

My computer, my software, my choices.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.