User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Games tonight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Games tonight

I must say tonight had alot of great Combat and Regular type games. Hope to have many more. And hopefully the old REGS stay with NS for alittlle longer this time....

dont let a little thing like me killing you stop you from playing..

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually like the new version. About the only thing I hate are lerks, but I am sure they will get nerfed in the next release :twisted:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aliens don't need anymore nerfing =P

They need beefing! It's hard for aliens to win on classic maps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aliens don't need a nerf. Only victories I have seen have been as a result of onos, while lerks keep marines busy till onos. Fades seem pretty useless, mainly because the new lerk is so much fun to play.

I suppose fade can still take out one or two rines wondering and hit nodes. However since the new lerk is so awsome, who wants to fade :P. Seems rushing for 3 hives works fairly well for aliens.

Since I'm typing and I feel like typing some more. Comming seems to be more fun for me in 3.0. Electrified nodes seem to last longer, lockdowns seem more effective, in general just seems more fun for me. I hope to take the driver seat mroe often in 3.0.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree the minimum build radius makes bases neat and tidy. turrets are also usefull again. i enjoy the chair more now. but i am glad others do as well. more comms = more variety.

Bebhead
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow-Asterisk
    minimum build radius.
    whats that again ops:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can no longer build 'bonsai bases' like you could in 2.x where all the structures were clustered tightly round an electrified TF or node to 'share' the elec. Now comms are not able to place structures within a certain radius (distance) of other structures.

result: spread out bases.
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

www.MakePovertyHistory.com

Bebhead
    oooooh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really wish that Flayra hadn't increased the elec range so much to compensate for that. I don't understand what's wrong with elec only defending the structure it's used on instead of an entire base...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol yeah, electricity's been a bit goofy. you look at an electrified rt the wrong way and it shocks you :P you'd have to go completely out of your way to avoid it if you don't want to get shocked...

Emanon
    Any good comms from the 2.0 era are having a field day with 3.0, its almost an imbalance for the rines to have a good comm. new maps = lost aliens.

How about if we limit the amount of new ns_maps and add them in 1 by 1. I know i get confused and have lost a hive or 2 cause of this.

and lvl 3 marines = win, no alien lifeform can stop them!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emanon
    How about if we limit the amount of new ns_maps and add them in 1 by 1. I know i get confused and have lost a hive or 2 cause of this.
    Um, isn't the best way of learning new maps to actually play on them? So what if you lose on them, at least you are beginning to learn the maps.

Removing a map just because people might not know the layout yet is a bad idea IMHO. Removing a map because of imbalance or glitches I can see, but not just because people don't know it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie
    Quote Originally Posted by Emanon
    Um, isn't the best way of learning new maps to actually play on them? So what if you lose on them, at least you are beginning to learn the maps.

Removing a map just because people might not know the layout yet is a bad idea IMHO. Removing a map because of imbalance or glitches I can see, but not just because people don't know it.

I agree... with wolfie

I had a game last night on aliens were we lost about 2 - 3 hives because we were lost but we came back and ended up winning the game...

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our server needs a plugin that randomly assigns you to a team when you walk through any portal.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that the only way aliens are going to win is be putting presure on the marine base now, stop them from getting that tech, because once they get it, it's all over.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast