User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to BF - Q's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to BF - Q's

Having just started playing and reading the discussions on tags; what is it set to now?

I have a lot of trouble working out who is who and tk'd a few people. Then I sussed the map and am now learning to check that though sometimes it's too much time. Tags would be nice but irl you wouldn't be able to make out who is on what side 1000m away unless you had a scope.

I notice that tags come up at certain times - is this range related?

Is there a way to set the sides at all? Playing 9 v 4 is a little unfair. Though this may preclude TG members playing together so maybe not a good thing.

Can the body armour be turned down. An svd at point blank should put a hole in you, kevlar or not. These guys seem to be running round in full plate mail. Is this just bad hit locations? It's annoying getting a hit with a sniper rifle at 500m on a moving target for them to just stand there as if they just had a scratch on their leg and carry on moving.

Helicopters: *%$""!!!^&*

Repairs - is there anyway to repair your tank once it's taken a few hits? Also on the subject of tanks I notice again they've failed to allow the barrel to go down enough (same as in OFP). It'd be great to be able to 'hull down' though I know this isn't gonna happen.

Thanks,

J.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CANT ANSWER THE3 MODDING STUFF. TANK STUFF WILL NOT HAPPEN ... BUT YOU CAN REPAIRT BY GOING TO A REPAIR RAMP USUALLY IN SPAWN...

OR GET A SUPPORT EXPERT WHO HAS A SHOT GUN.. HE WILL HAVE A SPANNER.. THIS REPAIRS TANKS..

HELOS ARE GOOD WHEN YOU LEARN HOW

www.TeamElement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: New to BF - Q's

Quote Originally Posted by jex
    Having just started playing and reading the discussions on tags; what is it set to now?

I have a lot of trouble working out who is who and tk'd a few people. Then I sussed the map and am now learning to check that though sometimes it's too much time. Tags would be nice but irl you wouldn't be able to make out who is on what side 1000m away unless you had a scope.

I notice that tags come up at certain times - is this range related?

Yes it is distance related and set on the server.. It is short range because it's a sure giveaway when you have a tag above you and your trying to hide in a bush and the helo that is way up there sees your tag :evil:

Is there a way to set the sides at all? Playing 9 v 4 is a little unfair. Though this may preclude TG members playing together so maybe not a good thing.
    Yes there is a sever side auto balance but it has drawbacks so we try to make sure teams even up but as you know there are always some **** and people come and go and switch sides.. Some time you just have to ask people to even up the teams...

Can the body armour be turned down. An svd at point blank should put a hole in you, kevlar or not. These guys seem to be running round in full plate mail. Is this just bad hit locations? It's annoying getting a hit with a sniper rifle at 500m on a moving target for them to just stand there as if they just had a scratch on their leg and carry on moving.
    Try a few head shots

Helicopters: *%$""!!!^&*
    There are stingers!

Repairs - is there anyway to repair your tank once it's taken a few hits? Also on the subject of tanks I notice again they've failed to allow the barrel to go down enough (same as in OFP). It'd be great to be able to 'hull down' though I know this isn't gonna happen.
    Repairs can be done by the support player. the wrench icon is the repair tool and there are repair platforms around the map that you can drive up on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do the bullets in this game have trajectory or do they just fly straight?
    Jex.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bullets fly straight, but velocity is part of the equation so you do have to lead the targets. They seemed to get that part half-right at least.

Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

43452045524748454146204742204754202d204642424121

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all.
    Jex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to mention that the airplane hangers are also repair stations.
    I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it is distance related and set on the server.. It is short range because it's a sure giveaway when you have a tag above you and your trying to hide in a bush and the helo that is way up there sees your tag
    in the pursuit of realism at Tactical Gamer is one of the reasons i joined. i find tags above anyones head annoying and i do not believe that a tag should be above an enemies head.

as a compramise.. i nderstand that some people have an issue with seeing freindly guys , so that accidents are not made. however seeing an enemy's tag above ones head is highyly stupid. if i do not wish to play a run and gun frag fest and i wish to hide. i do not need a big red/blue sign above my head syaing bulets welcom below.

i want to hide and play the game as "Tactically" as possible. therefore i am firmly diappointed with the sight of enemy tanks ppl etc...

it doesnt make good tactical play it just enforces ease of kils.. and a frag fested run and gun play. personally when the tags were completely turned off a few days ago, i had the best games i have ever had. because myself and other Tactical Gamer members excelled. when the pubbies were runnign around in camps looking for an enemy tank etc i was sitting in a tank not moving. lulling the enmy in then killing them at thei most vulnerable point.

this is in my view a tactical move and something that we should be able to do especially when out numbered..

and remember that even if tags are off you will still see the friendly contacts on the map.. it just meands that you will ahve to cross chewck as one should anyway.

www.TeamElement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm confused here as I've been reading these forums and seem to get conflicting info. As i understand things are thus;

Tags appear on players at a certain distance ONLY when your X-hairs are on them.

Is that correct?

Thanks,

J.
    Jex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jex
    I'm confused here as I've been reading these forums and seem to get conflicting info. As i understand things are thus;

Tags appear on players at a certain distance ONLY when your X-hairs are on them.

Is that correct?

Thanks,

J.
    yes the tags appear when you cross hairs are close to being on them. as I understand the setting the wider area you allow the tag to appear the farther away the cross hair has to be to register the tag.. so if you but the tag on a setting of long range you run around with the tag above your head all the time....

As to Dudemans post on the tags we set the tags to min thinking in close quarters in flag battles it would help eliminate tks which you can be punished for and kicked from server. Since there is alot of pubbies and new players it does help The thought was and is that maybe we can eliminate the tags altogether in the future... We have to learn to walk before we run...

Correct me if I'm wrong guys...
    I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DudeMan
    Yes it is distance related and set on the server.. It is short range because it's a sure giveaway when you have a tag above you and your trying to hide in a bush and the helo that is way up there sees your tag
    in the pursuit of realism at Tactical Gamer is one of the reasons i joined.
    Ugg, while realism is okay in some games, I don't think we should pursue making every game here in the TG community as realistic as possible.

Besides, I always thought TG was about the pursuit of tactical game play for mature players, not about the pursuit of realism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Jex I feel for you - I am in the same boat. I definatly have not got the feel for this game yet. I really miss the team comms of who is doing what - it makes for a really hard time to keep the good guys from the bad when everyone is running every where.

IF you comment about helicopters is flying them - then yes they do seem to ge a bitch. I have got to the point that I can keep one in the air indefinitly and can land one some of the time. Whenever I try to fire at someting I very quickly loose it - although I can recover some of the time.

Small motions until you get used to it.

Once you start a motion you have to stop it (IE going nuetral on the joystick and it will comtinue to roll on you). Altitude sucks - once the ground goes to fog it is real hard to keep level unless you are already there.

Practice - cutum games - set the mod then play some single player missions (Boca.. Day 2 I think has a couple of choppers to play with)

I cant remember where but I picked up the concept of staying ahead of the aircraft - I get thet now with the helicopters in bf.

Good Luck.

Bob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good stuff. I understand the concept now. I just see other people flying around and doing fast turns that just seem impossible to fathom at the moment lol

thanks.
    Jex.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In reference to tags...

Enemy tags I believe are turned off so that you will not see their tag at all. You'll have to learn to recognize uniform AND color. The reason I say this is that you can pick up an enemy's uniform. The color will be slighty different, but you can now be easily disguised.

Friendly tags are set to a small range so that if you're about 10-20 paces away, you'll see their tag when you look in their direction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have to learn to walk before we run...
    ok point taken and i did express a compramise of having freindly tags only.

i just have not found it as difficult as some i guess. and i dont mean that to badmouth people who have.. i am just expressing that maye my strong urge to get the tags off comes from the fact that i have adapted faster on bf 1942 than any other game an i really hadnt considered others were having a steaper learning curve than myself.

Enemy tags I believe are turned off so that you will not see their tag at all.
    it would appear that unless this has been done within rthe last 12 hours then that assumption is incorrect. i had red enemy tags on yesterday... granted it was only when i was close to the target but none the less i say both red and blue.. i dont know if there is a glitch or what.

Besides, I always thought TG was about the pursuit of tactical game play for mature players, not about the pursuit of realism
    well actualy Wolfie i see both Tactics and realsim as one hand in hand with the other.

I have been here at TG for just under 3 Years and in that Time i have become more and more Tacticall Minded at alll the Games i play here. and hand in hand with this i find that the grasp of realism upon a game is the most effective way to use the enviroment of a game to your advantage. and i hate to play a game that allows quick kills no thinking involved.[/quote]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast