Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Microphone: How to turn off feedback?

I have a sound blaster live! How in the heck do i turn off the feedback option for the microphone? You know, how when you speak in the mic you can hear it over the speakers? I remember there is a way to leave the microphone on, but not output to the speakers and every time I find it i think what a terrible place to put that option is....but i can't remember now.
    Twisted Firestarter
    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On mine i simply click the mute button in the volume control under the mic properties.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
    --Douglas Adams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AS a follow up to Big-B:

The microphone is listed in two places in the volume control applet. Volume control displays plaayback settings (default) and recording (need to click on it to see it). If you click on the mute button under the microphone control it will not get mixed into the speaker output.

If you go to Options | Properites in Volume control you can change what it is displaying recording / playback as well as the individual controls. There is also a control for What You Hear on the recording panel - this can cause problems with voice coms by having you echo back other peoples voices if it is on.

Bob