Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well bye bye kazaa lite

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/34393.html

wtf? Now what can I use?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: well bye bye kazaa lite

Quote Originally Posted by _Ender_
    wtf? Now what can I use?
    Try this: http://www.kceasy.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweet

anything is better then winmx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

*gasp*
    *huff huff*
    *Breathes deep*

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweet

anything is better then winmx
    It connects to a couple of different networks, as well!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NothingMore.
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooo
    <<CHOP>>
    Ok - first of all take a look at the date on that article. Don't you think if it was at all technically accurate, you would have noticed the software not working in the past 2 months???

Fact is only the websites where you used to download the program have disappeared. All indications are that there are tons of groups working on Kazaa network clients. Just like it is technically IMPOSSIBLE to prevent client side hacks to games and anti-cheat systems, it is technically impossible for Sharman Networks to make their network impervious, not as long as their client software has to work on your home PC, making it vulnerable to reverse engineering. (They can play cat and mouse, but a thousand hungry rats can easily skin alive the cat Luckily there aren't nearly as many rats trying to create anti-cheat workarounds as there are working on p2p software :P )

Currently K++ 2.4.2 still works well, and if anything all Sharman will do is end up splitting the network and they still haven't gotten around to doing that, and there are already other new clients appearing out there. Search google groups.

http://groups.google.ca/groups?q=kazaa+lite+K%2B%2B&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UT F-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&as_qdr=w&selm=101gq7ild33rk14%40corp.su pernews.com&rnum=3

You can get the 2.4.2 client by searching on the Kazaa network itself for "kpp 242", you want the file that is 3,248 KB and is the most populous one. Make sure to scan it for viruses with a very up-to-date virus scanner first.

Note that you may need to remove some strings from the Kazaa (lite/++/etc) Options, under the Filter tab, in the "blocklist" section. Sharman tries to filter out the "lite/++/etc" programs from your client itself. Don't remove anything else from there though, many of them do protect you from bad stuff that masquerades as files you want.

Keep your eyes on the default-client-usernames of people you are downloading from and uploading to, as they will probably give you an indication of the newer clients that are appearing. One I've seen is called "Kazaa Lite Resurrected", although I can't find a DL right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CingularDuality

Try this: http://www.kceasy.com/
    Ok, I've been using this for a couple of days or so getting mp3s and I got to say.. its horrible for a couple of reasons.

1) You cant specify what song you want to look for. Example: I typed in "Foo Fighters" and got at least 200 songs by them. I just want 1 song, so I typed in "Foo Fighters; Times Like These" and still I got a huge list of Foo Fighters songs which doesnt bother me, but there was 200 of them. I dont really want to spend 4 minutes weeding through 200 mp3s just for 1 song.

2) Downloading is slow. I set my max download to 300k, I have yet to reach 50k. I tried downloading off of a thread of 5 people, I got to 20k tops. It should not... repeat... should not take you 3 minutes to download a 4 meg file.

3) Fliters, where the hell are they? You cant set which type of connection you want to search for, the bitrate of the song, nothing. Its a guessing game as to what you're downloading. I actually found myself hovering my mouse over the songs themselves just to find out what the bitrate of the song was. Two problems with that, A) There was 50 of that song, B) Not everybody puts the bitrate of the song in the info for the mp3. So 90% of them either didnt have what the bitrate was or was of low quality.

Thanks for the program Dave, but I think I'm going to hold out until I can find something a little better... or at least has fliters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the program Dave, but I think I'm going to hold out until I can find something a little better... or at least has fliters.
    Yeah, it sucks... I had just tried it that day...

Keep an eye on the Gift program, though. It's a fine idea. Somebody just needs to design a decent GUI/filter interface...

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psi_RedEye22

wtf? Now what can I use?

Money.
    pwnt.

lmao

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got better things to spend my money on =P I only buy a CD if i really like the band, and sound quality becomes an issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    www.shareaza.com

Gives you connection to proprietary Gnutella 2 network, Old Gnutella 1 (Sharman), ED2k and Bit Torrent. It accepts SHA, ED2k, etree, etc etc etc links and has a very intuitive interface with some good search features. I've been using it for quite a while now and really don't see any speed related issues on anything but ED2k (only because it still uses the original eDonkey Server source aquisition method instead of the Overnet serverless source aquisition and lacks the Horde source peering techniques).
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. - Douglas Adams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psi_RedEye22

wtf? Now what can I use?

Money.
    Sure, I'll send the RIAA a check right now..