Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why/How does NS fit Tactical Gamer?

I would appreciate some serious and well thought-out answers to this question. Don't be afraid to state the obvious, and it's fair game to use arguments that I have offered or agreed with in the past.

But imagine you're starting with a clean slate. Why and/or how should Natural Selection be offered at Tactical Gamer?

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the feelings that you're in a "family"... as for now, my feeling of family here has dwindled from nearly everyone here to only a like a few...

(wyzcrak, cobra, and tempus, big-b,_Ender_, and miko are the only ones i can think of as of now, the rest i'm sure wouldn't give a diddly squat)

PS: i know i don't make any sense (it seems i don't) so bare with me...

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I care

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's interesting..........that's veeeeeeeery interesting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell, I don't even play NS, and I care...

Just like at family reunions, there are people there that you've never met, some that you only see once a year, and some that you see all the time, but you just never get close to... Well, I lump the TG people that play other games into one of those categories. May not be bestest buds, but you can still feel the love...

Besides, who else would know how many times James Bond has been married?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why? It's a fun team-oriented game involving tactics, skill and co-operation.

How? A place to play it and community support.

Not entirely sure what you were looking for here...
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

www.MakePovertyHistory.com

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is simple:

Because there is more teamwork in NS than any other online game I've played.
    FROM THE TACTICAL GAMER PRIMER.
    3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is this question being asked? Is NS being considered to be taken off the TG game list?

NS belongs here. It is a game that is unfortunatly played the WRONG way by many players. All of the servers I've ever played NS on lack the teamwork and community that this server has.

I mean, the game is the perfect candidate for the TG player. It's got built in voice support. The game is built for players who want to work together. It's perfect middle ground for the CS player and for the GR player.

I came to XLII from playing in the NS server. I remember how impressed I was when I saw the vicious team wiping up some pubbies. The teamwork here was amazing, and I just so happened to be looking for a server that I could be a regular at.

It's not our fault that NS has been going slightly....downhill. The game just isn't as fun as it was back in the beta days. Opinions may vary on this, but while CS has (apparently) long-standing appeal, it seems that NS has somewhat lost its luster.

That isn't to say it shouldn't be here. With the right people, NS is still just as fun as it was way back when. I remember when we locked the server for CO night.....THAT was a good time.

I think we should get more paying members and more games between just us. The TG brethen. It's when pubbies start flooding the server that everything goes downhill.

This is just my 2 cents.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Teamwork
    NS fosters teamwork, at least among those people who like to "win" at games. Particularly with the marine command structure, reliance on another person to do their job becomes a key factor in deciding outcomes.

2) Practicality.
    NS is a free mod for a game that practically everyone owns, and if they don't own it, they at least know about it and know that the original was good. So to come to TG, a person needs to have precisely three things on her computer: C-D, HL, and NS. That's perhaps the lowest client-side requirement in terms of money, hardware, and software of any game TG could hope to offer.

3) Variety
    Short of perhaps TFC and Q3A, NS is BLAZING in terms of gameplay speed when compared to the other offerings of TG, which are -- in general -- more oriented towards real-world tactics and caution as opposed to "OMG-A-PACK-O-DOG-LIKE-THINGS-IS-GONNA-EAT-MAH-BOOTIFUL-FACE-HELP" speed of gameplay.

NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute
    i came here and pay my way here NOT because of the games and teamwork (anybody can do that....."clans") but i came here because of what TG once offered me "a feeling of family." first time i came, i instantly realized that the community is alot different the ones i've had earlier, i was betrayed and mocked in the other ones. nowadays, either most of you lost most of your salt, or perhaps forgot the core of what the TG family was like a year ago. i'll still be here because no other communities can match your standards, but even so, alot of you guys (in my opinion) have not retained the strong bond.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfire
    i came here and pay my way here NOT because of the games and teamwork (anybody can do that....."clans") but i came here because of what TG once offered me "a feeling of family." first time i came, i instantly realized that the community is alot different the ones i've had earlier, i was betrayed and mocked in the other ones. nowadays, either most of you lost most of your salt, or perhaps forgot the core of what the TG family was like a year ago. i'll still be here because no other communities can match your standards, but even so, alot of you guys (in my opinion) have not retained the strong bond.

I don't see what you mean by this. The only reason the NS community is not as strong as it used to be is because most of the people who were part of the community are playing other games on TG. If you don't like this community, pick up BF1942 or GR. You will find a strong family.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikoLovesYou
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfire

I don't see what you mean by this. The only reason the NS community is not as strong as it used to be is because most of the people who were part of the community are playing other games on TG. If you don't like this community, pick up BF1942 or GR. You will find a strong family.
    I don't understand what he means in the first place =P He hasn't played on our server in quite a while. You havn't even seen 3.0. Heh, don't knock it till you've tried it. Actualy, Every post i've seen him make in the NS forums since he's "quit" have been about us losing our "Family" bond, Yet, i've yet to see him on our 3.0 server. I'm not mocking you Nightfire, I enjoyed the enthusiasm you brought towards the game, I'd just rather not see you post these things when you really havn't been around. Mostly because it annoys me =P. When you left 2.0 was at it's end, people had had it with the gimped hitboxes, and the small inbalances of the game. 3.0 is different, it's still a beta, so it has it's problems, but it's different, and it's a change that i've seen people welcome, and enjoy. If you're tired of NS, say it =P, don't tell me you're leaving because you no longer like the way TG:NS is put together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I am not a regular NS player, I have seen a strong bond on the few times I have played on the NS server, especially during the members only CO night.

So that makes 3 people that need a better clarification of what you mean Nightfire.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn that members-only night was fun. We need to do that again. We had such short notice, and we only had 2 slots on the server not filled. Next time around, we should have a full server.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Why and/or how should Natural Selection be offered at Tactical Gamer?" - Wyzcrak

First of all, that's two separate concerns.

Natural Selection should be offered at TG because it is perfect for the "mature, team-oriented" playstyle that TG claims as its hallmark. NS is not just team DM, it's a full on strategy game that an entire team can and must contribute to if they wish to be competitive. The fact that NS is great fun is just an excellent perk.

The manner in which I'd offer NS at TG is the house league. I'm thinking something that actually has a season, playoffs, and possibly even an all-star game. Our member base would obviously have to increase somewhat, but of all the games that are currently offered at TG, this is the one in which I see the potential to actually accomplish something of this magnatude. If teams don't form on their own, perhaps some kind of round-robin selection could be done among the interested player base. For even more flavor let that round-robin selection be done by the admins who also run the teams(save one who remains impartial judge) giving us a friendly rivalry that I hope everyone could enjoy.

Yeah yeah, you admins are busy enough.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast