Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Thread: Carrier Landing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carrier Landing

Has anyone seen a good tutorial/mission for a SU-27 carrier landing? I think that that would be absolutely awesome to try. Since the developers saw fit to include a arrestor hook command, I'm assuming they planned on allowing the SU-27 to land on a carrier, but I saw nothing in the tutorials for this. Let me know if anyone comes across anything--I just hope it's not in Russian.... .

To add to the growing wish-list for LOMAC, it would have been nice if they had also included the F-18 Hornet, and placed some emphasis on the naval aspect of modern air combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The SU-33 is the carrier bird in Lockon, although you can land nearly anything on it. If you want to try just make a mission with a carrier sailing toward a distant waypoint and give yourself a SU-33 and give it a shot.

I'll also see if I can track down a proper carrier training mission for you. If you maintain the proper glide slope and AOA it's pretty easy. Having a lot of time with Janes F/A-18 and other Hornet games helps too.

Rumor is that a Hornet will be released as a new addon eventually, but it all depends on how Lockon sells. I'd love to be able to fly the CF-18 or the F-18; I've always loved that bird. Would be nice to have a multirole aircraft for the US as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's one.

http://www.biohazcentral.com/request.php?60

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried a carrier landing in the A10 yesterday which I managed to do, but fell off the other end lol.
    Jex.

Shad0wRIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Goalie
    Rumor is that a Hornet will be released as a new addon eventually, but it all depends on how Lockon sells.
    They should be concerned about sales that's forsure. After a couple years delay in release the game is still very lacking in alot of aspects, planes poor mission editor, platform issues. Lots of patches required to make this game what it should be!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christ the game doesn't even work and they're talking about a mod!? This has to be the buggiest game I have ever played. It's a joke it was ever released - I bet they're having a good old laugh at Ubi over us gamers - sucekrs lol
    Jex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jex
    Christ the game doesn't even work and they're talking about a mod!? This has to be the buggiest game I have ever played. It's a joke it was ever released - I bet they're having a good old laugh at Ubi over us gamers - sucekrs lol
    Is it really that bad? It seems the forums over at IL2 have more complaints than LoMac. What are the problems you guys are having?

Sorry to divert the thread....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It isn't really problems as much as lack of content. Fly the campaign and you'll scream "What a waste of time!". To give the Russians the distinct advantage in aircraft is a total joke as well. They have modeled 2 very good multi-role fighter/bombers for the NATO side in the F-16 and F-18 but neglect to draw a freakin cockpit and tell the code to allow you to fly it. They modeled the things and just didn't put in the extra 30 seconds worth of effort to allow us to fly them. The same thing goes with the features like IFR and Carrier landings. Simple things like not being able to see flight control surfaces move or aircraft lights during multiplayer (that is important if you aren't sure your gear is down or you want to be able to see the IFR boom or drone, or to verify which surfaces are where in ABD (aircraft battle damage) situations.). The sheer lack of forethought and content provision has made this game a joke. Janes released better flight-sims 10 years ago. Falcon 4.0 incorporates all these things but has a steep learning curve because it is specialized. Not being able to fly things like Tornado's has me pretty peeved too. It limits the multiplayer aspects of the game intead of allowing mission creators to really utilize the strong points of the game.
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. - Douglas Adams

Shad0wRIP
    Well said logical.....personnally i expected alot better game especially since it's release was delayed 2 years or so....the mission editor sucks due to the lack of trigger points and other modding goodies.....the lack of planes for the UN side is a real let down but i guess you have to remember this was a russian created game that was modified to peek the north american interest. of course we could all become russians and fly those planes that can land on carriers and such and have a better selection of flyable planes but why the hell would i want to do that!

None the less we are all having fun with it atleast we've found away to get a TG Server up and running however rudimentary due to the lack of designated seerver support from the game. it will require an admin to be present to load maps and change maps.

Speacking of which a new thread will be up soon that will post the list of admins and when they are most likely to be available to set and start the missions for you!

all we can do for now is hope that future patches will address some of these issues and make the game more long lasting. We have a great start to a good modding community in Fanatic, Jex, Myself and hopefully other who will continue to create some fun and challenging missions.

I wouldn't say the game is a waste to pickup but is somewhat of a disappointment with all the anticipation and expectations I for one aswell as i'm sure many others had for the game. There are other minor issue here and there with compatibility and game play due to the high graphics quality which i must say are pretty danm nice and once again hopefully future patches will address these issues too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's also a whole host of bugs. The F15 seems to cause numerous people to CTD in MP play. Put the F15 in a 45 degree climg at 100% thrust (i.e. no afterburner). When your speed drops to 200 or less whack in the after burner and point your nose down and watch how you speed doesn't increase. Poor targeting in the F15 on targets BVR. The Missions editior is buggy too with the maps display going weird, wind speeds that change by themselves and sometimes CTD if you don't do things in a certain order. Joystick input seems flawed at times, the Autopilot seems to work but take it off and now your control is useless.

There's a host more but despite these bugs the game still plays well but the point is that we shouldn't have to put up with a beta version of a full product. It is a really frustrating game to use but still a good game.
    Jex.