Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Tag, TKing, Free-for-all..

While in theory I like the idea of no tags, in reality, not having even friendly tags just creates way too many problems. TKing is out of control, and the only ones who are paying for it are the ones getting TKed. People in aircraft are just shooting anything that moves, and after they kill you, all they have to do is say "sorry", while the dead person has to sit for 30 seconds to spawn. :x

Unless we are going to start punishing the TKers themselves to make them think twice about shooting everything, something needs to be done.

Please put friendly tags back on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How 'bout we add an extra 25 seconds to the spawn time of TKers?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always like mirror damage. It seriously discourages team killers, but on the flip side some people don't care if they die again too.

Maybe TK's should be punished with optional forgive. That will get all of our asses in gear to positively indentify targets before we just start opening up.

Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

43452045524748454146204742204754202d204642424121

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest problem with punishing TKers is the mine situation. There are people who will run over your mines no matter how many times you tell them that mines are in the area. And that, unfortunately, counts as a TK.
    FROM THE TACTICAL GAMER PRIMER.
    3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last night I had 6 deaths, all from TK's. None malicious.

I like mirror damage as well, but that doesn't help identify who someone is. I have been the first to yell "LOOK AT THE MAP", but this doesn't always cut it in the heat of a close quarters battle. Hell I can even tell friendly fire based on the sound of the gun, but this don't mean squat when the enemy can take your weapons.

I'm not sure what the answer is, but I agree with Tempus, TKing has gotten out of hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flux
    I'm not sure what the answer is, but I agree with Tempus, TKing has gotten out of hand.
    It just means we have to be communicating better... I remember the other night, OSD was capping a flag, but his tank on the minimap was underneath the grey flag, so I couldn't tell if he was friendly. I was in a littlebird (with MG and rockets) and I kept flying around and around, trying to see what was going on down there. I finally saw the tank and I went around a few more times and lit it up with some MG fire. Thats when I heard OSD say, "hey, what are you shooting me for?" and the flag turned to our flag....

If I had simply asked on TS if anyone was at that flag, there wouldn't have been any problem at all.

Let me tell you, this is realism!
    One of my units in the Marines had this motto and it's true: The key to success in battle is effective communications.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a tough one for me. I would like to punish the TKers but I'm usually one of those mine happy fellas who likes to play defense. I'll lay mines on a bridge or road and then watch as my teammates barrel over them while they're out in plain site. I was almost kicked for the negative score once and all my TKs were from wide-open mines.

I prefer the tags off or at a very short distance. I like having to pay attention and not shoot anything that moves just because it has the other color name tag. Doesn't mean this is the best route though.

Effective communication is key! But you won't get that while it's a public server. If we're lucky we can get all TGers on one team using teamspeak, but that hasn't happened too often.

As much as I like the tags off, I'd almost say turn them on (at least friendlies) for a greater distance as long as we have a public server. Once we have enough TG folks playing to make it private, I'd definitely like to see the tags go back off (or low). I'm not trying to make this change for the pubbies cause if they don't like it, they can leave. I'm suggesting this for us TGers who get killed by the stupid pubbies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I TK on accident all the time now. I try damn hard not to. My friends that are learning to play are having a hard time as well...I find the most dificult time is when you cant tell who is in what vehicle.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempus
    The biggest problem with punishing TKers is the mine situation. There are people who will run over your mines no matter how many times you tell them that mines are in the area. And that, unfortunately, counts as a TK.
    Yeah.. good point.. :-( I forgot about that.

Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

43452045524748454146204742204754202d204642424121

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be nice iF you could have your teams tags on and the other teams tags off . It would be a dead give away up close but at least you could hide in a bush or a building and the tag wouldn't be hanging out.. and it would help with Idenity of your own team..

The draw back is if you don't have a tag your the bad guy shoot him...
    I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could also check the map instead of the tag before shooting a target. I would rather have tags for friendlies. For a game, it's much more enjoyable to me if I don't have to sift through targets wasting half my time determining if they're bad or not. It's really bad for me and planes. I don't want to wait for the bad guy to shoot me before shooting him down. Also if it's two planes and one is friendly, I can't tell if my team mate is chasing or being chased.
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OSD
    It would be nice iF you could have your teams tags on and the other teams tags off . It would be a dead give away up close but at least you could hide in a bush or a building and the tag wouldn't be hanging out.. and it would help with Idenity of your own team..

The draw back is if you don't have a tag your the bad guy shoot him...
    I think this is a good suggestion. The original reason for turning off tags was so that you could hide behind a wall or bush and not have this neon sign giving you away. I don't believe we turned them off for the 'realism'.

Turning up friendly tag distance and turning enemy tags real low(off) works for me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had it that way for awhile, and it worked pretty good.
    FROM THE TACTICAL GAMER PRIMER.
    3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why has it changed?
    Jex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though some people are just plain idiots. Myself and Paradox were holding this one flag one night and it changed from enemy to neutral while we were both sitting in tanks.

Then some public player comes along and starts shooting at us even though his minimap would have shown friendly tanks in the area.

Needless to say, we shot back at him and easily destroyed him. Then he had the nerve to complain about us killing him

Though I found it funny enough to taunt him a bit about it

"Why the hell did you shoot at me?"

"Because you were shooting at us and we shot back."

"But I missed you guys completely"

"Not our fault we have better aim" :P

So what was the point of my post?

Oh yeah, don't make it autopunish :P

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast