Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FarCry MP Review

The doods at IGN did a MP FarCry Review. Hot news just posted on the FarCry official web site yesterday.

FarCry MP Review

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohhhh, this looks very promising!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CingularDuality
    Ohhhh, this looks very promising!
    VERY

I like this....
    Quote Originally Posted by FarCry Review
    Thankfully, a small reflection off of the sniper scope can clue players in to a sniper's position, keeping them from lying prone under a bush and taking out players with impunity.
    and....
    Quote Originally Posted by FarCry Review
    We do still know that the Far Cry team is committed to including a full level editor and thorough mod support so it shouldn't be too long after the game's released that we start to see some user-created content.
    ....crosses me fingers for dial-up use !!

FireMarshal
    Agreed... this game is going to be nice to see.. I just hope the standard Ubi reputation doesn't ruin it... If it does.. be ready for patch city... :?

But lets think positive shall we!!!

FireMarshal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd prefer it if they rewarded clever snipers rather than give away a sniper. In my experience snipers do not rack up loads of kills and are not the gods they are made out to be. If players run around in the open then a sniper will get them. If they use cover and move tactically they should be able to limit any sniper attacks.

I say this because the sniper role is my preferred role. I like the sneaking around and setting up a firing position. This takes time to get to without being spotted and then you have to be patient to wait for a contact to come along. If I choose my spot carefully with the sun behind me, or I'm in shadow, my scope should not give me away. Whilst I have been getting into position I have been missing out on kills.

Many a time in the DF series I'd have to hide whilst the enemy players went by me. That was part of the fun. I didn't engage because it'd be stupid to do so. They went by and I carried on till I found a good spot and set up. Once there I could then start engaging the enemy. With wind and bullet drop, plus muzzle flash it didn't make the sniper into a god, but if I was clever I remained undetected for longer. After a while you had to move off and find another spot and repeat the process again.

Snipers don't have magic bullets that hit everytime. I you walk in a straight line in the open then I expect it's the players fault to get shot. It really bugs me that game developers have to limit snipers?

Hopefully this'll be an option that can be turned off. What they should do is limit the number of snipers or make them a skilled class that anyone else using the weapon incurs penalties (perhaps slightly wider rets?)

Being penalised for being a good shot sucks.
    Jex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do todays modern weapons have an anti glare scope? Obviously,the weapon itself is but what about the glass in the scope?

Just curious if this is a reality issue not so much a "penalize the sniper" thing?

There are other ways they could penalize the sniper or adjust his effectiveness if they so desired.

Just curious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure but if the sun is behind me or I'm in shadow then there shouldn't be any glare. If the sun is shining on the scope then it'll be pretty obvious even from great distances.
    Jex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well...Not sure we know yet do we how the sun will effect the scope. I would "assume" it would only be seen if light is reflected off it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope so. It sounds from the above that the scope will shine regardless but I hope you're right. Hate to sound doom and gloom but lately I've been reading a lot about 'toning' down snipers. My view to tone them down would be to increase the skill required to fire them. Bullet trajectory and wind effect would be good plus a proper sniper scope and breathing effect add in some recoil and scope glare where appropriate and you're probably getting there..