Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

List Of Reserved Slots.

I am requestion a list of all the regs that have reserved slots. this way i know who needs a nomination and who already has one. iff possible could this list be updated. Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The purple icons indicate who is a paying, supporting member of Tactical Gamer. RSRs are not indicated on the scoreboard.

I'm glad you're looking to endorse players. However, you don't need to know who has reserved slots in order to endorse people for reserved slots.

Forgive me if I've contradicted this somewhere else, but I just re-visited the RSR announcement thread, and I like the following procedure for endorsing players:

Players looking to endorse another player should contact any NS admin (preferably in the forums, via a PM) with the player name and [STEAMID] of the player they're endorsing for reserved slot access.
    If you want someone having a slot, ask them privately if they have one. If they don't, feel free to have yourself and anyone else who's in agreement with you regarding the player's playstyle to give that person's name to any admin. If a few players agree, and the admins take no objection, that player will most likely receive a reserved slot immediately.

I know it's inconvenient for you to spend time endorsing someone who might already be an RSR, and I'm sorry about that. There are good reasons for not publishing the list of RSRs. If you feel compelled to learn those reasons, please PM me, but I don't care to discuss those reasons here.

Please do endorse players. Doing so only makes your time on the server more enjoyable.

Wyzcrak

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: List Of Reserved Slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    I know it's inconvenient for you to spend time endorsing someone who might already be an RSR, and I'm sorry about that.
    I still don't want to just out and out publish (much less maintain publicly) a list of RSRs, but I will offer the following in an attempt to help.

The console command 'amx_who' will show you who has a reserved slot and who doesn't. If you execute this command immediately after a map change, before the potential RSR you like has joined a team*, you'll be able to tell if they're already an RSR by seeing whether or not they have a reserved slot ("res" column). I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, but I didn't.

Wyzcrak

* once a player joins a team, their CD, CM, or VET status will give them a pseudo-slot (which they keep until the map changes), which makes them look identical to RSRs when reading amx_who's output. That's why it's critical that you execute the command immediately after a map change and before they join a team.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I endorse... dd.DaG|Kamakazzee.

Seriously, He's a good player, works with the team, like, more than I do some times.. some times... Not to mention he is skilled, and a chance for you all to play against a skilled player is s chance that should not be missed, because it improves you. Maybe I have to send a PM to wyz, but i wasn't sure, so I put it here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NothingMore.

Seriously, He's a good player, works with the team, like, more than I do some times.. some times... Not to mention he is skilled, and a chance for you all to play against a skilled player is s chance that should not be missed, because it improves you. Maybe I have to send a PM to wyz, but i wasn't sure, so I put it here.
    a) We have skilled players on the server.
    b) He doesn't need a res slot to play, so get his ass in there . Oh and maybe get your ass in there also, or has your ego grown too large now.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psi_RedEye22
    Maybe Breathing is finally going back to being emo, and he doesn't want to play on the server anymore because he thinks everyone is better than him. . Why doesn't someone endorse YOU, Polska? You're skilled and you play all the time and junk...
    I think I may ahve a reserved slot (or did at one point). Doesn't really matter to me, I haven't had trouble joining in a long time. Goto sleep you hippie.

PS - anyone know about those high quality textures someone was blabbing about on the server tonight?

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NothingMore.

Never heard of 'em, never played with 'em.

Like polska said, he doesn't have to have a res slot to play.
    --
    CaveDog
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's played on the server several times, I've been with him on several occasions. It's hard for me to play with him when I join and I kick him because I joined =P. he's told me he likes the server. I was under the impression that anyone you felt worthy of sponsorship could be sponsored, and that I didn't have to go through the peanut gallery. What ever, next time we play together we'll take our play else where.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Polska
    a) We have skilled players on the server.
    b) He doesn't need a res slot to play, so get his ass in there . Oh and maybe get your ass in there also, or has your ego grown too large now.
    a) Who, you? and who else? 3 - 4 people? Wow.
    b) He does need a reserved slot to play with the substantial members that we have and the people who have reserved slots but aren't paying members (who enjoy the benefits of being a paying member, such as your self) who will kick him and anyone else i try to get to come to our server when they join. Oh and I've been trying to make it to play when I can. dd is in CAL and UGL, and I'm on the NSC and NS teams for both, Between matches and scrims I will play as much as I can on the server but my time is limited, and I'd like to try to play with people I enjoy. Not that I don't enjoy your company, but it'd be nice if i could have both worlds, so that my time wouldn't be further divided. The fact that I act egotistical has nothing to do with the fact of my absence on the server. I've explained to others that i feel bad for not being on the server because I am an admin, and I feel that I am not living up to my status, and I'm sure you all feel the same way. Thanks for this thoughtful responce Polska.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps Kama likes the server enough to run CD and help us fill up the server when it isn't already so populated. That would both help his chances of remaining while you play and also show the other regs that he enjoys their company.

The full server first kicks players who don't have reservation (non-members, non-RSRs, and non-CM/VET/CD players) whenever an RSR or member joins. If NO players are without reservation (of some kind), it kicks the non-member that has been playing the least amount of time.

His investing in the server when it has, say, 7 or fewer players would considerably help his chances of remaining during the large games. Then, more people would have an opportunity to decide if they like the guy and want him to have a reserved slot.

In summary, if he runs CD, RSRs cannot kick him. If he runs CD *and* shows up early, members are not LIKELY to kick him.

The above is good advice for anyone trying to get someone a reserved slot... it's not specific to Kama.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps TG only has 6 players or so who you would consider to be up to par with your expectations. However ill take that over a server full of vets who all think the game revolves around them and what they say (mind you they aren't all like that, but many are when it comes to pubbing).

As far as public servers go, TG is the place to be as far as i'm concerned. Only scrims and matches (which as you stated you are involved alot with) offer teamwork AND a skilled player base (which are things I personally look for), pubs on the otherhand usually offer only 1 of the two unfortunately.

PS - I do know how much time league play can take up, I was in CAL myself for CS at one time. Thats part of the reason I don't like a clan type environment.
    Last edited by Polska; 03-08-2004 at 05:32 PM. Reason: ...

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I said, what ever. Wyz can give reserved slots out to people he met on other servers that havn't played on our server, but I can't seem to get one for some one I think would be a great addition. That may be simply because I havn't been around enough. Please endorse players. Doing so only makes your time on the server more enjoyable. Good luck!

It just upsets me, is all.
    Last edited by NothingMore.; 03-08-2004 at 07:15 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a. People who don't like getting kicked should start using CD first of all. With it you're basically guaranteed not to be kicked for reserve, assuming the plugin is working, because we're never without a No-CD player anymore.

b. Can we have an official endorsement thread on these forums or something to make the process a little simpler? I can guarantee that more people would endorse if it were that easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use C-D.... I've been here for a while... I came back to play at TG...
    *wink wink, nudge nudge*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast