User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saitek X45 - Should I get it?

http://www.dxmarket.com/saitek/products/J24C.html

I'm really thinking about it considering the price? I want your guys opinions though please?

Thanks,

J.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my, is that ever nice! I think Overlag has one so he'd be able to comment on it. Personally, I think Saitek makes decent joysticks. I've browsed their support forums and it's a nice crowd there. I saw one guy post about breaking his trigger on his Cyborg 3D and they replaced it for him even though its warranty had expired. DudeMan broke his throttle and we'll have to see if they replace that for him too.
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a friend at work here who says it's a great stick. Dude what do you make of yours?
    Jex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he's got the same stick I have (Cyborg 3D). Looking at the picture of the X45, they are two totally different sticks. That X45 smashes the Cyborg 3D. This Cyborg seems like it belongs in between a MS Sidewinder and a Logitech Wingman.

I just took a look at their support forums and there are a lot of threads about the X45. It seems like there are a lot of problems with it but users are finding solutions.
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ask Goalie... he has one. He said it is an awesome setup but it might have some software driver issues like Sarc said.
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. - Douglas Adams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys. I think I'm gonna get one. My friend here at work says previous drivers were cruddy but latest ones seem ok. I'd like the Cougar but it's too much.
    Jex.

Fanatik
    I've had 2 sets of them over the past few years. I actually like them a lot jex, but I ended up getting rid of them when XP came out because it took over a year and a half befoe Saitk wrote the drives to support them. One other problem I had was that they are built a little cheaply, and I broke them on more than one occasion (buttons and such...)... but overall they are a good hit now that they support XP fully....
    A good friend of mine has the CH stick setup... If I were going to buy a new set of sticks now, that is what I would buy... I love his setup... It is true HOTAS with rudder pedals.... fully programmable (very easy to program the way you want) and it has a very nice feel. I love my Thrustmaster cougar, but I have had some button issues, and really haven't had the support from thrustmaster that I was expecting when I bought them... when my current set breaks, I'm going with CH....
    Chek6... Fanatik

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by =Sarc=
    Oh my, is that ever nice! I think Overlag has one so he'd be able to comment on it. Personally, I think Saitek makes decent joysticks. I've browsed their support forums and it's a nice crowd there. I saw one guy post about breaking his trigger on his Cyborg 3D and they replaced it for him even though its warranty had expired. DudeMan broke his throttle and we'll have to see if they replace that for him too.

yep they said send in the broken part and they will senmd another one out.. i think there may be lie a 1 charge maybe i dont know i emailed them.... thing is i proabbaly wont get round to sending it back... i can vouch for saitek they are pretty decent company.... dont likr the microsoft joysticks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The X-45 is a decent stick, definitely the best in that price range however is has problems. The latest drivers are rock solid and I've yet to run in to any driver or programming issues, however I've run in the infamous spikes and an ever growing amount of play when the stick is centered. Enlarging the dead zone in game helps but I still have plans on replacing mine with a CH stick, throttle and rudder pedals once I get an extra $400 or so.

Over all it's a good HOTAS for the money but I don't see them lasting all that long. Btw my CH-F16 fighter stick I got 6 years ago still works fine to this day just has 4 buttons lol.

Spectre
    Don't burn you're money on the Saitek garbage. I've burned through two seperate X36/X45 combos in 3 years. They have horrid joystick centering and the bushings wear out horribly quick. It's fine for like 4 months then it starts it's transformation into the Saitek wet noodle.

Look at CH products or if you want to save and buy the best, get a cougar.

Spectre
    Quote Originally Posted by jex
    Thanks guys. I think I'm gonna get one. My friend here at work says previous drivers were cruddy but latest ones seem ok. I'd like the Cougar but it's too much.
    DON'T DO IT!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i still say go for them they are the best stick company i have come across and like sarc said they are extemely easy to get in touch with for tech support etc... and i have to say i have been using saitek for years and i have never had the problems you guys are describing.... and talk about burning money.. $400 that is ludicrous.

www.TeamElement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre
    Don't burn you're money on the Saitek garbage. I've burned through two seperate X36/X45 combos in 3 years. They have horrid joystick centering and the bushings wear out horribly quick. It's fine for like 4 months then it starts it's transformation into the Saitek wet noodle.

Look at CH products or if you want to save and buy the best, get a cougar.
    Exactly what happened to mine and in about the same time frame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was doing a little shopping and found this, very good price (seeing as I couldn't find the whole package at anywhere near this price anywhere else).

http://www.headsetsetc.com/chhotaspackage.html

If you want to discuss it or anything concerning it (*cough* shipping international *cough*), hit me up with a PM or catch me on TS.
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. - Douglas Adams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's an ad in my local paper where a guy is selling a Thrusmaster F16 FLCS and a F16 TQS along with rudder pedals for $50. I was thinking of picking it up and then getting the digital upgrade chip for it, but I don't have a gameport in this computer and I don't feel like buying a new sound card at the moment. Might still pick it up though and see what happens.

Wish I could get a nice CH setup or a Cougar with the upgraded pots, but I can't spend $400 + on a HOTAS at the moment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast