Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Desert Combat petition

For your info and you may want to support......

To: Trauma Studios
    We, the players of the popular BF 1942 mod, Desert Combat, hereby ask that the developer, Trauma Studios, port this modification over to the robust engine of Battlefield: Vietnam, the upcoming sequel to Battlefield 1942 (developed by DICE & EA). We believe this move would provide the fans an opporunity to do much more than could ever be done before in a game that is ever-expanding to include the many nations, weapons, vehicles, and tactics that are present in today's world. The advancement of this mod will only be possible if the developers make this decision and begin the transition of Desert Combat from the BF 1942 engine to the BF: Vietnam engine.

The supporters of this move, signed below, fully believe that Desert Combat will become a much better modification if Trauma Studios indeed begins development on the BF: Vietnam version of Desert Combat. We know how much time was put into this mod already, and everyone greatly appreciates the work that has been done. We think it can easily said that Desert Combat has become the Counter-Strike of 2003, and will continue to grow and expand as more and more players dig deep into the world that has been shaped by Team Trauma.

Thank you to all who believe in this mission and who therefore sign their marks below.

- From the fans of Desert Combat, the members at the Desert Combat Forums, the people at Xtreme LAN, and anyone else who supports this cause.

Sincerely,

http://www.petitiononline.com/dcombat/petition.html
    I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

How does that relate to this?
    Digital Illusions announces deal with Trauma Studios Inc. developer of the hit mod to Battlefield 1942, DesertCombat. This new collaboration is for one of Digital Illusions' previously announced projects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flux
    I suppose that's now up to DICE...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flux
    I haven't got a clue the petition is not dated so it could of been before the article you show...
    I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol:

FireMarshal
    Interesting.....