User Tag List

Thread: Savage Server

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Savage Server

Hey everyone,

I just today had B upload a new server config file to try and make it less generic of a Savage server, no mods, just trying to set it up more like one would expect from TG.

If theres anything you feel needs to be changed, I'll look into it and do what I can (I'm no programmer though)

Thx
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the notable changes?
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    really arent any notable changes...

I added a motd thing that appears upon joining in the text box..

minorly changed xp to try to get people to use teamwork more (like 1 or 2 exp each change, nothing big.... for example, 1 of the monkey npc's is 2 exp)

made it more permanant that the server uses both races (do you guys like this idea, or would you prefer it HvH or BvB ?)

made it so (I hope) its harder to hop back and forth from teams... and also ( again I Hope) made it so the commander cannot demolish building after building (to help with the exploit where people'd switch teams and command, and demolish, and switch back.

the Admin password wasnt changed just fyi, and I dont know it. I have a nice Utility for someone who does have it though, for moderating the server (had a problem with one players name tonight and couldnt do anything about it, kinda sucked... so need to know exactly who admins are so the players know who to contact in such a case.
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

FireMarshal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we could get the admin utility installed, it would make things so much easier. Vinzalf, is it the same on from this thread? I hate using the current method because I can never remember the variables and commands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by =Sarc=
    If we could get the admin utility installed, it would make things so much easier. Vinzalf, is it the same on from this thread? I hate using the current method because I can never remember the variables and commands.

yea that one is the one I was talking about. There is another on those forums called SavMan or something that does some of the same stuff.

as for the admin list, do all of them actually own the game? heh, I know B dosent (yet)
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzalf
    yea that one is the one I was talking about. There is another on those forums called SavMan or something that does some of the same stuff.

as for the admin list, do all of them actually own the game? heh, I know B dosent (yet)

I think that list was made for the demo server...
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
    --Douglas Adams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, me too =P

come to think of it, FireMarshal your on that list but you told me you dont own the game, nor plan on it... =D
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, the SDK for Savage apparently hasnt been released yet, so there are very few modifications available... And Like I said, I'm no programmer... so Unfortunately I cant do much as far as weapon damage, or powerup changes.. I have been looking for something for the Flux gun as It's knockback ability and damage makes It nearly an endgame weapon the moment its researched... If anyone can find something about that, or of course If you agree or dissagree with the change, say something.

I can change most timers.. Exp stuff.. gold limits...stamina costs... and a few other things. If there are problems with anything I think It'l be okay to change and test out for a while.

I'd like to see more TGers on the Savage Server... Right now It's like a regular public server, and we need help making it more like a regular TG server
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Changing objects like weapons will turn it into a mod and can currently be done without the SDK. Most stuff that can be done server-side are the game variables like gravity, gamespeed, and experience.

If we want TG'ers on the server, we have to take a head count of how many actually have the game and still want to play here. Then we should schedule a Savage night instead of jumping on the server alone hoping for others to join. The best would be spreading TG's name and getting new players to join.
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.