Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One sniper or two?

Be honest, would you have seen the second one before he shot you?
    This is not a hack and the screenie has not been altered in any way.
    Just me taking advantage of the new guys, and a few older ones from time to time.

I think it was H-Hour who told me about this fault in the game engine, if it wasn't let me know and I'll give credit where it's due.

TY to HSantal, MadDog, and ShaDowRIP for helping me get this shot after a long night of TvT.
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

-Anon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i gotthis point a long time ago... during a tvt match.... but i am not saying i was first to know about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fault? If IRL you stepped into water, your clothes would get darker. It seems more realistic than anything else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still can't see him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed the other night. Was shown some awsome insight to the game ....Thanks Blind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you agree that around trees, you're often less visible standing straight up than lying prone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shape, shadow, silhouette, and movement, right? That bush near the crosshairs has a very un-natural shadow in the middle, and could possibly be a sniper hiding. Had I been seeing this in real-time, and deciding whether or not that is a threat, I'd be dead 10 times over (as often happens to me, I don't know how many times I've died just as I am thinking to myself "that looks a bit suspicious..BLAM"). Great screenie Blind.

Badger probably sees 2 snipers, 12 crickets, 1 squirrel, a quarter moon..., and a plethora of things that the rest of us would never notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I think it was me that showed Blind, but Revan first showed me. I don't think it's necessarily a fault with the game engine. Where the fault lies, imho, is with the glowing people in NV. Yes, water should make your clothes darker, but it wouldn't be that much of an issue if people didn't normally glow like they took a dip in radioactive waste.

The fact that water can change the radiosity makes me think that there has to be SOME way to mod the game so that people won't glow as badly. Would it be feasible through skin editing? Anyone have an idea?

Hi from the rocky mountains, btw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember saying to H that if you take a dip only your gun will glow and perhaps the top of your head, depending how much water you had to dip in. That screenshot Blind, that guy in the shadow, his back I mean, coz if it was from the front you would be able to see the gun or parts of it. Only your clothes go dark and in every TvT match where there is water even to just dip my feet or legs into I will do it... less of me shows from behind a bush or a tree. As we all know it is our feet that stick out more so then the rest of the body.