Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Thread: gg capslock

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gg capslock

Caps Lock is such a convenient key for me to use for voicecomm. No games use it, my fifth finger is already over it (for WASD). But I hate having it still turned on when I'm done using it for a hotkey. Everything is in caps, and it's annoying.

Well, I found this simple, free program, CapsWiz, which will keep your Caps Lock key turned off after you pull your finger off of it. I have HLSW start it when I launch HL and kill it when I close HL, but anyone could use it in any configuration. It works beautifully, and I thought I'd share it with you guys.

http://www.barhamsoftware.com/CapsWiz/

Be well.
    Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: gg capslock

DudeMan has to use this program! He's always typing in CAPS after talking on TS.
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the same capslock annoyance.

KeyLock just passed a basic functionality test for me. Steam breaketh, the exernal app developers giveth.

I Hate This Key also looks nice, but requires $$ to disable capslock.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool. I checked out the free one, KeyLock. I like it over CapsWiz from an interface standpoint, but I don't like the fact that the CapsLock light on the keyboard stays on even when KeyLock has the key disabled.

Wyzcrak

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like capswiz ain't free either. Nothing I hate more than getting attached to some program, then loose it cause I'm so cheap.
    --
    CaveDog
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    Well, I found this simple, free program, CapsWiz
    Well poo on me. I wonder why I thought it was free.

Wyzcrak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well poo on me. I wonder why I thought it was free.

Wyzcrak
    **poos on wyz** There are cracks out there for v1.1 from what I have seen. I don't use the program, so I do not know whether they work or not. However if you do not have a conscience (like me) and truly want the program, then give v1.1 a try.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I found this simple, free program, CapsWiz, which will keep your Caps Lock key turned off after you pull your finger off of it. I have HLSW start it when I launch HL and kill it when I close HL, but anyone could use it in any configuration. It works beautifully, and I thought I'd share it with you guys.

http://www.barhamsoftware.com/CapsWiz/
    bump for jackel.

Not free. I was wrong. But definately worth the $10.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

necromancy is bad, mmmmkay?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice

Can I disable the windows key and use it for Teamspeak?!?
    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disabled the capslock key in an effort to use it for Teamspeak. Perhaps my way (registry?) was not the best, but, when I disabled the key, Teamspeak did not recognize that I was pressing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, I'm thinking you should be able to map the windows key to an unknown/unused/rare scancode and then use it... dunno
    Peace through fear... since 1947!