Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Public Server Suggestions

Having played now on our public server I have a few suggestions We seem to get a few people but many don't stay when we're playing on big maps if there are only a few people on. So I was thinking of a few changes which may get more pubbies on.

- Set the game time to 4 minutes. On a large map all but 2 people can be killed in under 3 minutes and then those 2 can be running around for 5 minutes whilst everyone else waits (in which case they usually leave)

- more maps in rotation. Perhaps 10 for now. I'm thinking mainly small to medium with a few large ones thrown in. This way we can have some close combat in relatively quick terms and have a few larger maps to break up the game play style in between to something more tactical perhaps.

- Increase the download bandwidth for maps. Players won't sit around waiting for the maps to D/L. Their rate currently is ridiculously slow whereas other servers out there have really fast D/L rates.

- Change the maps completely every month. Bring in new ones to freshen everything up.

- Insist pubbies join the TS channel like we do for GR pub. This way we'll loose that annoying texting of 'gogogo' as people aren't so brave when they're being spoken to, and we'll gain more members because we're all sooooooooooo nice

J.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Public Server Suggestions

The game timelimit is a good suggestion. Most of the problems with maps is the simple fact that nobody knows we are running RvS MapPack 3. Maybe some inclusion of that in the server name would be advisable. The maps we have are most definitely more suited for a Coop environment. I will browse around and see if I can find some more suitable TvT maps to suggest to the server staff. If you have any maps you would like to be tested, email them to me.

As always the main problem is that people don't want to leave the game just to get on comms. We will have to overcome that, and should definitely have TS information in the MOTD if we don't already.
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. - Douglas Adams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There really isn't a good MOTD feature in RvS so it's hard to say what maps are on the server. Nobody notices the message because it's on the team select screen in very small font. The best solution is to tell players about it. You can set up keybinds to display important messages like the TS IP and the TG URL.

I'll look into setting up the autodownload feature so players can quickly download the required map. It'll take some time though because I have to UCC compress the maps so the downloads aren't so long. To get players on TS, tell them about it. There's no other good way of telling them we have a TS server.

I can change the map rotation every month but there aren't many good maps out there. If you guys see a map you like, post that you want it on the server. If nobody says anything about the maps, it'll stay the same. I downloaded a new map today that focuses on TvT so it might go up on the server. However, I'd rather get the autodownload working before loading up new maps.

The time limit can be changed to 4 minutes but remember that this affects small maps as well. I think it would be better to take out the larger maps for the moment.
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Re: Public Server Suggestions

Hello brothers for the RvS TvT let the public know that this is a hand guns only ! As for the maps 5 maps rotating is good i.e Prosideo , CQcombat, Penthouse, City Streets, MET, Old Rogue Spear maps Amozon , Met, Bunckers , Chetal , Island , Airport, Embassy and The Brussels 747 map that ROCKS! ohhh oohh also I forgot the name but its the Snow Base. No HBsensors and Punck Buster in full affect ! Thats all I have for now and we need guys to jump in and help get it started , we the public see us playing they will come then you can leave if your not really a hard core RvS fan. With this I guarentee we will get new members.

P.S I need a TG " Brooklyn " armpatch I still dont know how to make one thx Later

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Armpatch Tutorial

Can anybody post links to these maps that Brooklyn has listed? They can't go on the server if the admins can't find them.
    JO Guides & Tutorials

Shad0wRIP

Thanks Sarc was wondering about how to make an armpatch.

ANd Brooklyn you need an NWTD armpatch i'm going to try to make my avartar into a patch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

R6 - Amazon - http://www.theplatoon.com/ravenshield/mod.asp?file=187

UO(RS) - Canals of Venice - http://www.theplatoon.com/ravenshield/mod.asp?file=92

RS - Chalet Fall - http://www.theplatoon.com/ravenshield/mod.asp?file=197

For now - I'm DL'ing some maps here at work that'll i'll install when I get home and check for MP tvt game types and quality.
    Jex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also this

The Saga:

Since the Rainbow Six 1.41upgrade came out compression with redirects and dedicated servers have been impossible. But low and behold UBI actually does something right and fixed what they broke in the first place. You see, UCC.exe (the server file) is actually a utility in and of itself, in many ways. Most people see it as just a little executable file that makes dedicated servers on people?s P.C.?s to play on. In all actuality there is many functions of UCC.exe, but I am only here to explain 1. UCC.exe can and will actually COMPRESS (make smaller) all your maps, textures, static meshes, templates, sound files, etc? It compresses it, get this, to almost 70% of its original size!!! (Plus or minus a few %) Winzip, WinARJ, WINRAR, and WinACE all together cant even do that.

What does this mean?

This means a lot. Some people out there would like to run a dedicated server, but either don?t because their upload speed just SUCKS. You all know what I am talking about. Sitting there for sometimes even 20 minutes for a 5mb map. Can we all say B.O.R.I.N.G.? Others don?t run a dedicated server just because they don?t have enough internet space, or even just don?t know how to set up a redirect. I am not here to teach you that. Now any somewhat savvy internet user knows that downloading a compressed file is so much better than an uncompressed file. So we are talking not faster downloads, but SHORTER.
    http://www.theplatoon.com/ravenshield/mod.asp?file=204
    Jex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I have the following;

Boxorz
    Labrynth
    Secret Service Map pack 2
    Sewers
    Ambush
    Drag Quatier General
    Urban Ops Map pack 2 (RS)
    COTH Fortress
    Operation Krakatoa
    MP Docks (RS)

The (RS) tags mean from Rogue Spear. I'll let you know how I get on with them. All these maps support Team survival and come from here - http://www.theplatoon.com/ravenshield/mod.asp
    Jex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've downloaded quite a few from the platoon. I am testing SS Map pack 1 and 2, sewers, operation krakatoa, Amazon v2, OpenMarket 1.2, DeadNegotiations v1.2 (The Mog but only for TvT), TrailerPark 1.1, ViceBar 1.2, and Amon's Parking Garage. I'm sure the SS Map Packs will have some awesome maps as the screenshots were spectacular to say the least. Get with me when you get home this evening Jex and we'll run through some of these.
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. - Douglas Adams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also need to find 747... I've not seen it on any of the sites I've looked at today. Brooklyn.. if you remember where you got it, give us a link.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure the 747 maps has been ported. It's such a shame as that, in my opinion, was one of the best maps out of RS (that and the oil tanker). See you in an hour Logical
    Jex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SS map pack maps are pretty fun..

There's almost always a central area where there's a maze of bulletproof glass.. You can see the other team, but you cant shoot them (or effectively lob a nade) Makes for some intense "quick-draw mcgraw" sort of action....

do I reload, or will he come running around at me?

good small cqb maps tho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We tested the SS map packs over the weekend (for several hours, no make that a sh*t load of hours lol) around 35 maps in total and we got about 20 that we thought were any good.

They range from small to huge and there are some great maps there for strategic play. Things are looking pretty good RVS-wise. We have the SS map packs, plus the platoon map packs 2 and 3, plus the originals and the other maps out there plus athena sword with the SDK to be released, it's gonna be map overload!
    Jex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll try to get some new maps on the server but the priority at the moment is getting the autodownload feature working. Then we'll easily put up new maps without worry of you guys having to download huge packs.
    JO Guides & Tutorials

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast