Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Motorcycle Conversation - Split from Buy/Sell

hehehe... Harley's aren't the only bikes with a V-twin you know...

My duc is louder than most "screamin-eagle" fitted hardley ablesons.

Inline 4's have an unbeleiveablly AWESOME top end performance... they truly fly.

V-twins are a very normal-speed friendly bike.

My recommendation: by a Suzuki SV650.

Well balanced, very confortable bike that can be found for relatively cheap, and there are TONS of available performance parts out there. The v-twin nature of the motor puts the power down very predictably, and is much more forgiving in low speeds. (whack Apo's throttle open @10 mph, and watch the front wheel rise to your chest)

You should be able to find a used one for around 3-3500.

If it's been a while since you've ridden, take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's rider course. Even if you know how to ride, a refresher is still a great idea. (not to mention the insurance benefits)

Good luck with yer search (e-bay is a good pace to start)

Keep the shiny side up, sticky side down!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: *looking*

Quit posting about all these crapanese imports and buy American!

http://www.buell.com/en_us/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CingularDuality
    Quit posting about all these crapanese imports and buy American!

http://www.buell.com/en_us/
    I ride on Saturday mornings in the summer with a couple guys. One of them has a Buell. He's usually in the back of the line and can't stop at red lights for too long with his air cooled ride. That's primarily the reason he rides in the back, so he can slow down when he sees red lights and essentially do rolling stops to keep airflow going.

It was a nice looking bike though.

If I were to do a Buell, it would have to be the Firebolt XP12-R. I think what they did with putting the fuel in the frame and the oil resevoir in the swing arm to lower the center of gravity rather than having that weight up high was brilliant.

Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

43452045524748454146204742204754202d204642424121

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buells are cool... I almost bought an XB9R. That's what my plan was actually, went out to las vegas to look @ buells (while on vacation). They ended up being more expensive out there than here @ home, and I found a Duc for cheaper than they wanted for the buell.

Until buell can get their price range down near the imports, they're gonna have a hard time cracking the sportbike market...

Well, that and the fact that they're ad campaign says that riding one will make you stop thinking about sex ... (who the hell wants that?)

Here's an American sportbike though...

Fischer Flyer Pic

BEWARE BUELL...If Schaumburg, Illinois', Dan Fischer has his way, Lightnings and Firebolts won't be the only American sportbikes. And unlike Buell, which positions itself as the "ultimate back-road bike," the Fischer Motor Company's MR1000 V-twin sportbike aims directly at track-ready superbikes such as the Ducati 999 and Honda RC51 and incorporates loads of GP-inspired technology and componentry.
    Article

Fischer web site
    Last edited by fr1j0l3; 02-27-2004 at 12:26 PM.

Emanon

I think this should go into the Sandbox.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i find the japanese biks never have the same pnash as a harley. they all look very mass produced and sound like a 1.1 micra... they have no substance to the engine.. they may go fast, but fast isnt what i nessesarily look for in a bike.. but thats just me... the suzuki sv650 looks a bit... well small, it looks like an anarexic version of what could be a nice bike... but i have never tried it so i wouldnt swear it off.

to be honest it might be boring and not the fastest bike on the road, but i like the harley vrod model, and some ofthe touring bikes... man i will get my hands on one of those one dayi can tell you..

if i was going for a speed bike, i would buy a car, they are uncomfortable and give me a bad back. i have played around on a yamaha.. couldnt take tghe pain. bent over this way and thatway.. no thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you blasphemer!

to be honest it might be boring and not the fastest bike on the road, but i like the harley vrod model, and some ofthe touring bikes... man i will get my hands on one of those one dayi can tell you..
    To think you have these in your backyard!

Triumph rocket III

Way more class than a V-rod imho, but maybe that's cuz I'm across the pond...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Motorcycle Conversation - Split from Buy/Sell

This is a real Mans Bike all american steel !

Tomahawk a real american bike
    Was that Diablo flying that helio ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo
    This is a real Mans Bike all american steel !

Tomahawk a real american bike
    Except that it doesn't turn without tipping over, offers no wind protection at all, has a range of under 100 miles, and sorry, but the viper engine would have to be in a pitiful state of tune to function properly with the tiny radiators the Tomahawk has.
    Oh, and it's 0-60 is less than half a second quicker than a stock Hayabusa.
    "America doesn't need a President, it needs a makeover!"
    -Christopher Lowell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and 4 wheels classify it as a car.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ducati Monsters (choose your displacement), especially the S4 are really nice. BMW has some sweet bikes out as well though riding over one of those horizontilly opposed motors would feel wierd. Beulls have such a short wheelbase (and that butt-ugly expansion chamber or whatever-the-hell it is) that I doubt they'd be any pleasure over 90 or100 mph, Harleys are way overpriced in my opinion. A couple of the new Triumphs are interesting but still very rough around the edges. I'd go high-end Japanese or a Ducati S4 if I had the money to throw at it and was still into riding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i know we have these in our back yard . but the triumph doesnt do the customisation harley does... man i like the picnmix harley provides.

their baisic models for harley suck. but they will custom build it for you... triumph doesnt offer that unless i am mistaken.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can say no more! comfort, stability, more toruge and power than you will ever need and it will not stop on a dime.... And the best part is your feet never touch the ground on that one ride.

http://www.ebosshoss.com/

oh yea and the horse power is great too 502 Big Block (502 hp) V-8
    Last edited by OSD; 02-28-2004 at 06:27 PM.
    I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OSD
    I can say no more! comfort, stability, more toruge and power than you will ever need and it will not stop on a dime.... And the best part is your feet never touch the ground on that one ride.

http://www.ebosshoss.com/

oh yea and the horse power is great too 502 Big Block (502 hp) V-8
    lol... those things are INSANE

Saw a video a while back with one of those racing a zx-12.

The bosshoss did not have enough weight to put the power down, kept spinning the tire up. (even roll-ons at 50-60mph)

They even tried two rather large guys sitting on the bike, and it mostly worked, but still had some spin.... BIG POWER

found the article, vids out there somewheres...

http://www.motorcycleshowcase.com/bmsold22.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fr1j0l3
    lol... those things are INSANE

Saw a video a while back with one of those racing a zx-12.

The bosshoss did not have enough weight to put the power down, kept spinning the tire up. (even roll-ons at 50-60mph)

They even tried two rather large guys sitting on the bike, and it mostly worked, but still had some spin.... BIG POWER

found the article, vids out there somewheres...

http://www.motorcycleshowcase.com/bmsold22.htm

Road one with the 385 horsepower and it scared the hell out of me. Like you say the toruge is so high that the tires spin and you can't get started It even spun the wheels at 60mph on the interstate if you cranked it hard. I can't imagine one with the 502 horsepower... Its nothing but a v8 between your legs and all I could think about is if it blew a rod
    Last edited by OSD; 02-28-2004 at 07:03 PM.
    I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol: