Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: this is sad

  1. #1

    Nightfire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    United States
    Age
    30
    Posts
    786
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    this is sad

    i've heard from old veterans that TG used to be an all out CS community, now it's another throw away...

  2.  
  3. #2

    DudeMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    london England
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,975
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: this is sad

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfire
    i've heard from old veterans that TG used to be an all out CS community, now it's another throw away...

    counter strike is dead... there are too many games out that are far better than it why bother using your time with it.... invest in raven shield.

  4.  
  5. #3


    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    NE Outer London, UK
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,428
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: this is sad

    counterstrike is far from dead....its the biggest gaming community out there....its just a shame TG doesnt want to tap that community ($$$$$$$$$$)
    From Adam Webb

  6.  

  7. #4

    Wolfie's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: this is sad

    Quote Originally Posted by Overlag
    counterstrike is far from dead....its the biggest gaming community out there....its just a shame TG doesnt want to tap that community ($$$$$$$$$$)
    I would bet that CS has more players and servers at large than RvS does

  8.  
  9. #5


    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    NE Outer London, UK
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,428
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: this is sad

    but no servers like this one (was)
    From Adam Webb

  10.  
  11. #6

    DudeMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    london England
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,975
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: this is sad

    Quote Originally Posted by Psi_RedEye22
    Yea..see to play RvS here, it costs money, CS is free here, at least for now till it dies, I'll still play CS any day of the week.

    right yeah... it does cost money. money well spent.... oh well i guess one lunch a month is too much for some.

  12.  

  13. #7

    Apophis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Northeast, USA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,337
    Blog Entries
    12
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: this is sad

    You've kind of hit the nail on the head.

    TG is only supported by members who are willing to support it financially. Free games don't tend to attract people who are willing to then spend money to support the game they play in the environment the play in.

    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

    43452045524748454146204742204754202d204642424121

  14.  
  15. #8


    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    NE Outer London, UK
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,428
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: this is sad

    why would anyone want to pay for a empty server?
    From Adam Webb

  16.  
  17. #9

    DudeMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    london England
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,975
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: this is sad

    Quote Originally Posted by Overlag
    why would anyone want to pay for a empty server?

    very true but then you have to ask yourself if counterstrike wasnt just a 13 yr old kids game anymore why are there not tons and tons of public gamers comming onto the server to play. because the server has rules. and no kiddy wants to abide by them. the ghost recon public server when i am on it always gets people to come and join in.

    if the counterstrike server is totally fre and you still have no pubbies in it. well whos fault is that . Tactical Gamer has supplied the server, and allowed anyone to use it. so why is it always brought down to if its not gr or rvs it will fail. its not through some conspiracy its because the clientel that Tactical Gamer attracts doesnt like playing games with run and gun frag fest ideals.

    i personally did like it when i played CS on TG but i could see why others didnt. because the guys that were joining were not following the rules that terrorists had to defend not go running off etc etc. the game counterstrike has a large teenage following and thats why you dont get people willing to play it in the mature way in which TG members are acustomed.

    i personally like the game. if it is played according to TG rules. so i am not anti CS but i see the game as being a teenage game full of cheats hacks and other boyish qualities.. it is not what i am looking for.

    and yes if there was only 5 people that played the game. i would pay here at TG i am by no means rich but if i can afford to miss out on one lunch a month i would do it just to play with the guys around here in a freindly manner where i dont have to worry about being kicked from the server because i killed the admin and he thinks im cheating etc etc.

  18.  

  19. #10

    Sadako's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Age
    42
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: this is sad

    Quote Originally Posted by DudeMan
    very true but then you have to ask yourself if counterstrike wasnt just a 13 yr old kids game anymore why are there not tons and tons of public gamers comming onto the server to play. because the server has rules. and no kiddy wants to abide by them. the ghost recon public server when i am on it always gets people to come and join in.

    if the counterstrike server is totally fre and you still have no pubbies in it. well whos fault is that . Tactical Gamer has supplied the server, and allowed anyone to use it. so why is it always brought down to if its not gr or rvs it will fail. its not through some conspiracy its because the clientel that Tactical Gamer attracts doesnt like playing games with run and gun frag fest ideals.

    i personally did like it when i played CS on TG but i could see why others didnt. because the guys that were joining were not following the rules that terrorists had to defend not go running off etc etc. the game counterstrike has a large teenage following and thats why you dont get people willing to play it in the mature way in which TG members are acustomed.

    i personally like the game. if it is played according to TG rules. so i am not anti CS but i see the game as being a teenage game full of cheats hacks and other boyish qualities.. it is not what i am looking for.

    and yes if there was only 5 people that played the game. i would pay here at TG i am by no means rich but if i can afford to miss out on one lunch a month i would do it just to play with the guys around here in a freindly manner where i dont have to worry about being kicked from the server because i killed the admin and he thinks im cheating etc etc.
    True in many respects but you also need to ask yourself how a flourishing cs community like N42/TG have come to an empty server? What you highly admire was built up by the PCS players from US, Canada and Europe. The CS server run for over a year without any charge. Members, like my self, sent money freely via paypal to support for upgrades and running costs. I don't think the issue is if it should be a charge or not on the CS server. The problem is that the base of players what was PCS disappeared along the way. The real question is how to rebuild it? If you want to rebuild it?

    Sure there are cheats going about in CS but name one game that hasn't that problem? I feel sorry for you thinking that CS is "teenage game full of cheats hacks and other boyish qualities" as you miss out on lot of the great stuff out there. There are many really good communities out there that have the same approach to gaming as TG. CoFR (Crusty Old Fossil Rockers), 12K (12 Knights), CGA (California Gaming Alliance), dMw (Dead Men Walking) to name a few places where you will find great CS. Just because it isn't going on here right now doesn't mean it doesn't exist out there.

    My Five,
    -=[dMw]=-Sadako

    www.deadmen.co.uk
    Dead Men Walking - Tactical Counter-Strike

  20.  
  21. #11


    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    NE Outer London, UK
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,428
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: this is sad

    dudeman. to me paying $ is not a issue, because its so devalued atm........

    ...ive given up on TCS ever working again here... and therefor ive given up on TG.

    might see you when HL2 comes online..........
    From Adam Webb

  22.  
  23. #12

    Apophis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Northeast, USA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,337
    Blog Entries
    12
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: this is sad

    Quote Originally Posted by Sadako
    True in many respects but you also need to ask yourself how a flourishing cs community like N42/TG have come to an empty server? What you highly admire was built up by the PCS players from US, Canada and Europe. The CS server run for over a year without any charge. Members, like my self, sent money freely via paypal to support for upgrades and running costs. I don't think the issue is if it should be a charge or not on the CS server. The problem is that the base of players what was PCS disappeared along the way. The real question is how to rebuild it? If you want to rebuild it?

    Sure there are cheats going about in CS but name one game that hasn't that problem? I feel sorry for you thinking that CS is "teenage game full of cheats hacks and other boyish qualities" as you miss out on lot of the great stuff out there. There are many really good communities out there that have the same approach to gaming as TG. CoFR (Crusty Old Fossil Rockers), 12K (12 Knights), CGA (California Gaming Alliance), dMw (Dead Men Walking) to name a few places where you will find great CS. Just because it isn't going on here right now doesn't mean it doesn't exist out there.

    My Five,
    The server is public. Anyone can connect to it. If all the people saying they WANT to get CS active again actually connected on the server and played, I think we'd see more activity.

    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

    43452045524748454146204742204754202d204642424121

  24.  

  25. #13

    Apophis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Northeast, USA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,337
    Blog Entries
    12
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: this is sad

    Quote Originally Posted by Overlag
    dudeman. to me paying $ is not a issue, because its so devalued atm........

    ...ive given up on TCS ever working again here... and therefor ive given up on TG.

    might see you when HL2 comes online..........
    I think this will generate new growth in the HL line at TG once it comes out. We'll just wait and see!

    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

    43452045524748454146204742204754202d204642424121

  26.  
  27. #14

    Fait_Maker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    45
    Posts
    448
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: this is sad

    Quote Originally Posted by Sadako
    True in many respects but you also need to ask yourself how a flourishing cs community like N42/TG have come to an empty server? What you highly admire was built up by the PCS players from US, Canada and Europe. The CS server run for over a year without any charge. Members, like my self, sent money freely via paypal to support for upgrades and running costs. I don't think the issue is if it should be a charge or not on the CS server. The problem is that the base of players what was PCS disappeared along the way. The real question is how to rebuild it? If you want to rebuild it?
    I met Apophis awhile back on CS and was one of the first players on PCS. I hope my efforts helped it become what it is today. If you ask me, I think the base of players that helped make PCS what it was just ended up moving on to better games like Dudeman and Apophis commented on. GR and RS are great games. I have become really involved with Desert Combat. I haven't tried GR and RS on TG yet. Maybe I'll reinstall the games soon and check it out. We have a lot of players on TG doing their own thing. If CS was still the shiznit for them, wouldn't they be on the server?

  28.  
  29. #15

    RandomGuy's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    K-W, Ont.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    892
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: this is sad

    Quote Originally Posted by Fait_Maker
    If CS was still the shiznit for them, wouldn't they be on the server?
    ...not if the server is empty ...with minimal hope that idling will produce even a 3v3 match. Recently my gaming window is about 1.5 hours per night minus any TV shows I want to watch. I do miss the good teamplay though so my plan is currently to get into Battlefield Vietnam then whine and bitch over voice comm and try to recruit people back to CS (just kidding about that last part).

  30.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Back to top