Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Thread: Soaf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soaf

I keep coming across people complaining about the maps they are missing, which were from SOAF and imported into GR. I remember seeing a post about getting it on mod server to avoid the whole issue of copyrights.

Has anyone had a flash of light and thought about adding it to the server. Game itself is old now but is as good as GR and people should be able to buy it for like $10 if not less. I myself have it and had played it alot before I came here, but no one seems to play it around here or they too only play it on their own time.

If it goes down well it would be just as easy to get our mod people to script new missions for it since sofie is the same as igor.

Just a thought. What do you all think, a GR in CQB mode?

+PARADOX+

Re: Soaf

Quote Originally Posted by Revan
    I keep coming across people complaining about the maps they are missing, which were from SOAF and imported into GR. I remember seeing a post about getting it on mod server to avoid the whole issue of copyrights.

Has anyone had a flash of light and thought about adding it to the server. Game itself is old now but is as good as GR and people should be able to buy it for like $10 if not less. I myself have it and had played it alot before I came here, but no one seems to play it around here or they too only play it on their own time.

If it goes down well it would be just as easy to get our mod people to script new missions for it since sofie is the same as igor.

Just a thought. What do you all think, a GR in CQB mode?
    Can someone move this to the Ghost Recon - TG Mod Committee forum?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by +PARADOX+
    Can someone move this to the Ghost Recon - TG Mod Committee forum?
    Er- aren't you the only listed forum administrator, Paradox?

I don't have any special tools (although I would LOVE to have them back... hint!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why move it?

I am talking about a whole different game that we are not running on our servers. This has got nothing to do with GR, it is just an easy way of comaprison.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then it should be moved to the First Person Shooter forum as it has nothing to do with GR or GR mods.
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.

+PARADOX+

Quote Originally Posted by =luna=
    Er- aren't you the only listed forum administrator, Paradox?

I don't have any special tools (although I would LOVE to have them back... hint!)

I can only move a post from a forum I moderate. So I will move this to the FPS forum.

+PARADOX+

why move it?

I am talking about a whole different game that we are not running on our servers. This has got nothing to do with GR, it is just an easy way of comaprison.

What game would that be that you are referring too? I see GR mentioned at least 3-4 times and no other game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sum of All Fears..

(SOAF)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why move it?

Sorry. I moved it. I understood it to be adding the SOAF maps back into GR as opposed to just running a SOAF server. Let me take a look at it and see what the server requirements would be and see if we can fit it in.

On the whole, SOAF was a massive flop for UBI. It really didn't take off at all and was more or less left by the wayside as they moved on with other games.

Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

43452045524748454146204742204754202d204642424121

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what happened to it, but I was really refering to the fact that on the whole alot of people were complaining about missing all the maps from SOAF.. all in all if they like the maps they may like the whole game since it is just like GR

+PARADOX+

I thought the same as Apophis thats why I asked to move it to the GR mod forum. Sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never liked the GR engine for CQB. It's too clunky and doesn't offer players the agility to execute proper tactics. Since UBI dropped interest in supportting the game, it doesn't have much to offer. If a server goes up, I'll try it out again but I'm not too interested in it at the moment.
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.

+PARADOX+

Raven Shield is much better at CQB than SOAF and we already have 2 servers up and running.

Shad0wRIP

although i liked the maps for use in GR...i'm not about to run out and buy SOAF. Having the maps on the server gave GR a different element in the CQB area that was a nice change from what we are more or less use to with GR. Since I have raven shield i can play that for cqb fun