User Tag List

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

define.. "said".... lol

Man, talk about pwnt.

http://www.moveon.org/censure/caughtonvideo/

Don't take that as me having an interest in politics or giving a damn about any of that stuff, but.. .wow... that couldn't have been fun for him.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: define.. "said".... lol

pwned.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL - the worm has squirmed!
    Jex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    Man, talk about pwnt.

http://www.moveon.org/censure/caughtonvideo/

Don't take that as me having an interest in politics or giving a damn about any of that stuff, but.. .wow... that couldn't have been fun for him.

Wyzcrak
    Wow, thanks for brightening up my morning.

That was just priceless when he just sat there and said "mm hm..." and nodded his head. and in his mind he's thinking "oh crap". Maybe journalists didn't do research or didn't have the internet for searches when he worked for his daddy.

Something smells funny... must be an election year.
    --
    CaveDog
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wyzcrak's a....GASP!....liberal?!?

Who would have known??

Seriously though, it would be nice if people cared. Unfortunately, they are too busy having their heads up their asses to care what's going on in the country.

Speaking of moveon.org.. Don't you just love how the Republicans are complaining about how their ads are violating the campaign spending/contribution laws? This coming from a regime that has a current warchest of $150 million dollars to spend on their campaign compared to Kerry's $30 million?

Oh the irony.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus
    Wyzcrak's a....GASP!....liberal?!?

Who would have known??

Seriously though, it would be nice if people cared. Unfortunately, they are too busy having their heads up their asses to care what's going on in the country.

Speaking of moveon.org.. Don't you just love how the Republicans are complaining about how their ads are violating the campaign spending/contribution laws? This coming from a regime that has a current warchest of $150 million dollars to spend on their campaign compared to Kerry's $30 million?

Oh the irony.
    Where's the irony? One party has more money than the other. The party with less money uses private organizations (funded by supporters of mcain/feingold among others) to get around the law.
    New to TG? Start here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This whole debate is a red herring. The left love to parse words over what justified the war, how looming a threat WMD's or SH posed....etc.

This is like Bush claiming that SH was in the kitchen with the knife and all the liberals say "Ah HA!!! It was the wrench and he was in the living room!"

He shouldn't have been in the HOUSE. And it wasn't a knife or a wrench, but very very nasty stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that is the first time I've ever seen the "Clue" analogy Leejo. It was good and a good point of view as well. I can agree with that.
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. - Douglas Adams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tough moment for Rummy. What I really wanted to see was what he went on to say. If he recovered and explained himself effectively, I don't think it would matter if he stumbled. I note that moveon.org didn't allow that interview to continue for their movie. That makes me even further believe he probably recovered just fine.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by =luna=
    Tough moment for Rummy. What I really wanted to see was what he went on to say. If he recovered and explained himself effectively, I don't think it would matter if he stumbled. I note that moveon.org didn't allow that interview to continue for their movie. That makes me even further believe he probably recovered just fine.
    Good point.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually luna, the entire transcript is out there, and it's no less flattering...

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/face_031404.pdf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by =luna=
    I don't want to be agreeing with moveon.org, necessarily but I doubt that he had a good response. What he went on to say before they pulled the plug was how the intelligence that they had at the time said they were a threat (which is in dispute). It is possible, but I doubt that he would have started with that if had something to say. That isn't, however, giving him the benefit of the doubt. Not my style, but a good idea from time to time.

The problem here is that he was trying to say that no one ever said imminent threat, which they did. That was the basis of the case for going to war. Like it or not, the connection between SH and terrorism wasn't the main issue. That has only been confirmed after the start of the war. The truth of the matter is that there was a pentagon document dating back before the war talking about a link between terrorists and SH, but wasn't public knowledge until later (leaked and reported on by the "liberal" media, btw). The main topic of conversation was wmd. And the reason we couldn't let the UN continue their job? Oh, yeah, the threat was imminent.

If anyone is trying to stage a red herring, it would be the revisionist history the administration is trying to construct.
    --
    CaveDog
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it's turning out that the real reason why the UN wanted to let inspections continue may have been to prevent discovery of the UN corruption and bribery that was going on within the oil-for-food program. I don't hear any outrage about that or demands for the truth.

I would add that this isn't a game, and the only rule is that if you're wrong, 1000, 10,000, or 100,000's of your citizens die. Suppose that the CIA's estimates on SH were fairly close to their pre-9/11 estimates on Al Quada? Bush could hardly have been in the mood to err on the side of SH.
    Last edited by leejo; 03-18-2004 at 08:15 PM.