Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

punkbuster error

ok got to go out and run all day just got back from vacation. So I haven't got time to look everywhere for the answer. I installed the game this morning and started it when I went to get on server it says pb must be enabled so I thought it was when I go to enable it says error can't enable

Whats the quick fix? will check for answer later thanks
    I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol:

FireMarshal

Re: punkbuster error

Have not seen this error yet... Not sure what to tell you other that reinstall it.... if it does it after that then we will have to look into another method of madness...

Here is a linke to the PB for BFV section... short and sweet I would have to say...

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php...upport-bfv.php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apo has mentioned this thing a few times but I haven't seen anyone post a link to it yet: pbweb.exe. This is a command-line updater for punkbuster. It seems like the Punkbuster that ships on the game cd is already out of date, and tries to update itself but fails (timeouts) which then causes you to be kicked. Download the above app, and place it in the pb folder of your BF:V install (like C:\Program Files\Battlefield Vietnam\pb\) and then run it there. I've had no punkbuster problems since doing this.

Here's the page on their site that explains how to use it/what it does, if my explanation is unclear.

FireMarshal

I used that this morning on one of the servers.. it was a POS... it didn't work woth a damn for Raven Shield.. I hope you have better luck with it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This error is being received because PunkBuster was not installed on the system along with the game. To install PunkBuster on the system after the game has been installed, simply do the following:

1. Place Disk 1 of Battlefield Vietnam in the CD-Rom Drive.
    2. When the Autorun screen appears click Uninstall.
    3. Click the Check box for PunkBuster for Battlefield Vietnam on the "Select components to Install /Uninstall" screen.
    4. Click Next.
    5. Insert Disk 3 of Battlefield Vietnam and click OK.
    6. Follow the steps that appear on screen to install PunkBuster for Battlefield Vietnam.

Once PunkBuster has been installed it may be enabled from the Multiplayer -> Internet Menu
    Last edited by OSD; 03-23-2004 at 12:59 PM.
    I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol:

FireMarshal

Get on Teamspeak if you can OSD....

FireMarshal

ohh in that case I guess you cant... ( Just saw your edited post)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FireMarshal
    Get on Teamspeak if you can OSD....
    can't in parking lot at wal mart.....no ts

FireMarshal

Quote Originally Posted by FireMarshal
    ohh in that case I guess you cant... ( Just saw your edited post)
    yep I noticed...

Widowmaker

Trey Posted
    Apo has mentioned this thing a few times but I haven't seen anyone post a link to it yet: pbweb.exe. This is a command-line updater for punkbuster. It seems like the Punkbuster that ships on the game cd is already out of date, and tries to update itself but fails (timeouts) which then causes you to be kicked. Download the above app, and place it in the pb folder of your BF:V install (like C:\Program Files\Battlefield Vietnam\pb\) and then run it there. I've had no punkbuster problems since doing this.
    Trey thanks for posting this. My PB would not update either. I did the manual download of the HTML file and that worked but this was much faster and easier and worked fine. In fact it looked for the same file I downloaded......