Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Was the assassination of Yassin the Hamas leader justified?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 75.00%
  • No

2 12.50%
  • No opinion

2 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Assassination of Hamas Leader

I believe that since Sheik Ahmed Yassin was the creator of a terrorist organization that killed so many Israeli civilians, his death was justified and I believe the Israelis should strike more on other leaders to weaken the Hamas ranks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: The Assassination of Hamas Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfire
    I believe that since Sheik Ahmed Yassin was the creator of a terrorist organization that killed so many Israeli civilians, his death was justified and I believe the Israelis should strike more on other leaders to weaken the Hamas ranks.
    I will say justified, but not helpfull in any way. What are they after here? more death and destruction? That seems to be all that this will get.

If this were going to help, we would have solved this problem 20 years ago.

Just doing more of the same only gets us the same result.
    --
    CaveDog
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfire

in simple...

agreed.

However when we are talking on a world stage sometimes people like to take the high ground like with sadam and say prison not coffin..

in israels case he needed to die disabled old or not...a terrorist shall suffer a terrorists fate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CaveDog
    I will say justified, but not helpfull in any way. What are they after here? more death and destruction? That seems to be all that this will get.

If this were going to help, we would have solved this problem 20 years ago.

Just doing more of the same only gets us the same result.

i willl also agree with u on this.... already several British soldiers in Iraqw have been injured, albeit not seriously... but that was down to their training i bet and not the crowds lack of enthusiasm...

oh and they were said to have shouted and chanted we are sons of shiek yassin... so it is related.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ummm.. yeah... the need to kill 80 year old quadripeligic (dudeman can check my spelling here) guys is WAy up on my list of things.

Honestly, this guy may have been a threat before, but in a wheelchair?

why not arrest him? Making a martyr out of him is plain f__king stupid.

Regardless of what he stood for, when we start to accept assasinations of people who disagree with us, what the hell else is next? This the beginning of the thought police?

That entire regions is a bunch of religious zealots dying for sand. I have to question the sanity of any family that would rather risk spilling their own blood on some dirt, than to simply move off of it. Sand is not worth my kid's lives, holy or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he WAS arrested once, but released when israel and palestine agreed to trade Yassin for 2 Isralei secret agents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fr1j0l3
    ummm.. yeah... the need to kill 80 year old quadripeligic (dudeman can check my spelling here) guys is WAy up on my list of things.

Regardless of what he stood for, when we start to accept assasinations of people who disagree with us, what the hell else is next? This the beginning of the thought police?

That entire regions is a bunch of religious zealots dying for sand. I have to question the sanity of any family that would rather risk spilling their own blood on some dirt, than to simply move off of it. Sand is not worth my kid's lives, holy or not.

There's a little more at stake than a bit of sand. The whole history of the Jewish and Christian religions comes to mind.

As far as violence begetting violence. It seems to me they've tried talking and negotiating until their blue in the face. The bombs keep coming, and a week ago Yassin comes out and calls for the largest attack yet. So they took him out.

You could compare it to our situation with OBL. Yes he will be a martyr when we take him down, but you have to take down the leaders to get to the organization as a whole.
    New to TG? Start here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not so much what he stood for, but what he was willing to do to get it. This isn't about thought police. This guy stood for terrorism to bring about a change. This guy called for and financed terrorist organizations all around the world. I think the only thing these guys do understand is assassinations. They are a blight on this earth and should be dealt with. They should be given justice not brought to justice. Killing them is to good for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's really good he got whacked....too bad the press does not show the true pictures of Palestinian car bombs....the smell of scorched metal and limbless bodies...are we forgetting what terrorists do?

Do we always have to show pictures of innoncent victims...and constantly re-play the collapse of the World Trade Center?

The only good place for a terrorist is on the ground with blood pouring from his/her head...cruel? It most cetainly is. So he was old...who gives a sh--t? Does he get a reprieve because he's in a wheelchair? Do we forgive the poor terrorist because now he can't wipe his own ass anymore?

Killing of the innocent....non-combatants... women and children.....no one should ever forget....that is what terroists do. If he loved Allah so much, and was willing to kill innocent people for it...well now he can hang out with him.
    "On My Commad, Unleash Hell"
    "And Let Slip The Dogs Of War"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGE....

The Aftermath
    New to TG? Start here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep thinking of the William Sherman quote: War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.

It would have been nice had Arafat and folks like Yassin lead their people to express themselves politically instead of by blowing themselves up, but here we are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where the graphic image of the kids that were "whacked" with the same missile volley?

the Israel/Palenstine conflict is not without bad things on both sides.

Brief history

Cycles of violence are not broken with violence. Being brought to justice (IMO) would have had a much more positive impact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That entire regions is a bunch of religious zealots dying for sand.
    Oh come on, frij, that's a pretty broad statement. There are many Jews, Muslims and Christians over there working for a solution through non-violence. Just like the middle gets cut out of media coverage in America, so it happens elsewhere.

his death was justified and I believe the Israelis should strike more on other leaders to weaken the Hamas ranks.
    While I don't necessarily disagree with you that his death was justified, I do disagree that striking more leaders will weaken the Hamas ranks. Violence polarizes the moderates which will only strengthen Hamas' ranks.

It seems to me they've tried talking and negotiating until their blue in the face.
    They've fought until they're red in the face, too.

There isn't any good side to choose here. They're both victims and perpetrators many times over.

Good news: Things don't appear to be as bad as I was afraid they'd be. An acquaintence over there reported that he was able to receive a group of European travellers without too much hassle, and that is a good sign. I suspect the largest response will occur in Gaza, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh come on, frij, that's a pretty broad statement. There are many Jews, Muslims and Christians over there working for a solution through non-violence. Just like the middle gets cut out of media coverage in America, so it happens elsewhere.
    I agree...retracted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first of all, as an american you are guilty of allowing assasinations. it clearly states that bin laden is wanted dead or alive. and can we not forget that terrorists are not about being able bodied. wheelchair bound or not he was a threat, because people would give their lives up for him. yes it mighht piss people off, but none the less if he could have been arrested he would have ... but theuy couldnt get close to him....

thousands of israelis have died becuase of the organisation this man created... lets see whjat god thinks of him now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast