User Tag List

Thread: More Toys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More Toys

http://thefenix.infinitycubed.com/pics/Toys.jpg

Added a new joystick and gamepad (as well as UT2k4) to my list of goodies. 6 CD's for 2k4. Anyways.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: More Toys

what's your occupation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Network Technician is my official job title, but I do just about anything my boss tells me to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have that same joystick. it pwns all. i also hae a program that allows me to control my mouse with my joystick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheFeniX
    , but I do just about anything my boss tells me to.
    I work that same Job... ;-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Babies.
    So this turned out to be a pretty decent birthday after all. On the bottom is my recently purchased Colt .45.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Re: More Toys

Nice. Is that 45 stock? Where did you get it?

Here's my "baby", a Sig p230.

Last edited by Riyker; 04-04-2004 at 09:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They had this bad boy out at the range shop for around 600 bucks. Straightest shooting Automatic ever. It puts my Beretta to shame. Straight out of the box it has a tight trigger. Colt = good. Although I still prefer my S&W .357 Handcannon..... I mean Magnum.

I saw a sig out at the range today. Nice guns. They have a good feel for such a short barrel. Those sigs are great for carry weapons. I'm thinking something along the lines of a Beretta Mini-compact for a carry once I get around to taking the class. I've got larger hands than most and the Beretta's just fit better than say a Sig or a Glock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheFeniX
    They had this bad boy out at the range shop for around 600 bucks. Straightest shooting Automatic ever. It puts my Beretta to shame. Straight out of the box it has a tight trigger. Colt = good. Although I still prefer my S&W .357 Handcannon..... I mean Magnum.

I saw a sig out at the range today. Nice guns. They have a good feel for such a short barrel. Those sigs are great for carry weapons. I'm thinking something along the lines of a Beretta Mini-compact for a carry once I get around to taking the class. I've got larger hands than most and the Beretta's just fit better than say a Sig or a Glock.
    Ugh, I hate Berettas... For one thing, I have a smaller hand (same reason that you like them) and another is that I've simply seen too many cracked slides. Both in the Marines and now law enforcement, I've probably personally witnessed about 30 cracked slides. That's a lot...

Now that Colt of yours is something I wouldn't mind putting my hands on... Isn't it funny how the 1911 grip fits big hands and small hands equally well? Almost everyone likes the way it feels in their hand. I personally have my heart set on getting a Kimber Eclipse:
    Although I'll probably actually end up getting a Kimber ProCarryII in .40 just because that's the same ammo I'm using in my USP Compact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those Kimber compacts are some of the best damn guns made. Now that I look back, I probably should have skipped the Beretta and gone with a Colt of the bat, then got my kimber mini-.45 for a carry.

I really can't complain about the Beretta though. It's a smooth shooting gun than just fits perfectly into my hand. I need to get some trigger work done to it, but that's about it. I figure I may just get a lasersight for it and use it as my carry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it common that people in th US own a gun?

Here in Denmark it's near impossible to own a gun legally. The legislation on firearms is insanely strict. All firearms must be stored in a certified weapons safe. Handguns are illegal to own unless you have been an active member of a sports shooting club for more than two years, and the chairman of the club must vouch for you to be suited to own it.
    I own a shootgun and a .308 rifle for hunting and a .22 rifle for sports shooting. The sports rifle is stored in the safe at my shooting club, but the hunting weapons are stored in a safe at my parents house along with my fathers hunting weapons. That is in fact illegal because my father has access to my weapons and I to his. I store my guns there anyway because I think it's better to have them in a safe than just lying under my bed. (I dont have room for a safe in my appartment).
    It's funny how people here are completely paranoid about firearms, and how easy it is for you Americans to own them.

What are the rules for owning, using and storing firearms in the US???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon
    Not many rules really. But if say your kid gets ahold of a weapon you failed to safely store and kills himself or others playing around with it, you could be brought up on charges (I think).

I don't currently have a pistol so I don't know any of the new regulations concerning firearms (but I don't think there are alot, a background check to buy the gun, registration stuff). I do however have my father's old 20 gauge semi-automatic shotgun which I need to get the trigger fixed on it. Maybe next year I will get a pistol (seeing how my gf actually wants to shoot one...hopefully not at me )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is based on Texas law:

Shotgun: Must be 18-years-old to buy. You can have a loaded shotgun on a gunrack your vehicle, but it must be plainly visible and not have a round chambered. About the same with rifles.

Handguns: Must be 21 to purchase. You cannot have been convicted of a felony, class A misdeameanor, or any crime involving spousal abuse. Some states have laws that say a gun must be kept in a safe: not in Texas. There was even a law passed in one state that a handgun had to be trigger locked, unloaded, and locked in a safe with no ammo in the same safe. Some home protection that is going to be.

Texas has and supports instant background checks. 15 minutes after I said, "I want this gun," I walked out with it. If you have your Concealed Handgun License, this takes even less time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon
    Is it common that people in th US own a gun?

It's fairly common for people here to own guns. I don't have any stats handy, but I'd guess that about half of us have a gun in the house.

As for rules, you first have to understand that we have federal laws that are in effect throughout the country, and then there are state laws that only affect that particular state. Federal laws are fairly relaxed. The only restrictions are that you can't have been convicted of a felony, have a mental problem or ever been convicted of domestic violence (there are other restrictions, but I'm touching base on the major ones). Fully automatic weapons require a special license to own. I don't think there are any federal age restrictions, but most states have imposed age restrictions of some sort. There are no federal restrictions on using guns for anything that wouldn't otherwise be illegal, that I know of, other than some very specific instances (federal buildings, etc...). I don't think there are any specific federal storage laws, either. You've got to keep your guns out of the hands of unsupervised kids, but how you do that is up to you. Like I said, different states over here have different laws, though. I remember when I was living in California, schools became "gun free", although I don't remember whether that was a state or federal law.