Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

taiwan in violence...

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapc....ap/index.html

so far, the opposition can not set aside their differences with the fact that Chen Shui-bian was re-elected.

i'm worried that my country's action will give china a window of opportunity.

PS: in case you guys wanna know, i supported Chen Shui-bian because he has political agendas to oppose the "reunion" with China whereas the opposing candidate Lien Chan........well, let's just say he has steps to betray Taiwan to China.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: taiwan in violence...

Everbody's talking about the middle east right now, but our real concern is going to be in Asia again.

Red China
    Free China
    North Korea

We are so wrapped up in those three nations, it's not even funny. Any of them could easily take an action that would instantly start a war. Possibly a world war. France has been conducting military exercises with Red China of the coast of Taiwan. What does that indicate? 'Course, we've been granting those commies good trade agreements for years, so I can't really tell you what that means...

I have no idea what the US should do over there. Obviously we're relying on Red China to take care of North Korea, but at the same time, we want Taiwan to stay free. It's a tricky situation and I'm just glad that I'm not the President of the United States right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm willing to bet my money that china is just playing games with north korea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfire
    i'm willing to bet my money that china is just playing games with north korea.
    No, I think China knows that it's little bastard step-child has gone bad and China will be willing to take extreme measures to control the situation. China is very close to being a "superpower" although it still needs international support (unlike the US). China doesn't want such an unstable and powerful nation so close, and yet it has a vested interest in seeing its communist ally be successful. It's a very delicate situation and, right now, I'm glad to see that the United States isn't getting too involved over there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if the US and China were to fight alone one on one, what are the chances of America winning?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfire
    if the US and China were to fight alone one on one, what are the chances of America winning?
    LOL, no holds barred? I dunno, I'd say we would have about a 75% chance of winning. We've got a higher quality military, superior weaponry and better technological infrastructure, but China isn't too far behind us in any of those categories. They also have the absolutely enormous population from which to draft soldiers from... The only thing that gives us such an advantage is the big ocean in between us...

Now, if it was pirates vs. ninjas, that would be a different story...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how the hell did they such sophisticated technologies in such a short amount of time?! could this mean they can unleash stealth fighters and/or un-manned robot tanks?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CingularDuality
    China is very close to being a "superpower" although it still needs international support (unlike the US).
    Erm?

Don't think the "war on terror" would have gone so easy if our PM wasn't Bush's lap dog. If he was as strong a PM as, say, Thatcher, and wipped the rest of the EU up, it would have been a different story. The US is the most powerfull country in the world, but it still needs international trade, and it certainly needs oil from abroad.
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

www.MakePovertyHistory.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute
    Erm?

Don't think the "war on terror" would have gone so easy if our PM wasn't Bush's lap dog. If he was as strong a PM as, say, Thatcher, and wipped the rest of the EU up, it would have been a different story. The US is the most powerfull country in the world, but it still needs international trade, and it certainly needs oil from abroad.
    You're right. My point was that the United States is powerful enough that it gets what it wants, whether that is through force, persuasion, economic strength, the power of its allies or other means... OPEC may try to play hardball, but the US could ruin them very quickly in a variety of different ways. There's a reason why OPEC nations try so hard to appease the US oil industries.

The "war on terror" would have happened even without UK support. Anyone that thinks otherwise is delusional or ignorant. I know the US media likes to sensationalize the stories about war protesters, but let me assure you that our country has a resolve that is difficult even for me to understand sometimes. I can't think of anything that would have stopped us from trying to wipe out terrorism.