Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Thread: co_asterisk

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

co_asterisk

Yellow has created an extremely early beta of a combat map, and the server will be dedicated for a short time tomorrow night to any interested members providing their feedback.

Beginning at 9PM EST Wednesday night, the server will be locked down to members only and Yellow's co_asterisk map will be hosted. We don't plan on playing the map, but rather just walking around the map and discussing what about it we like and don't like, including constructive criticism for the map's design.

It's still very early in the map's development and it should not be considered finished or polished in any way.

I've seen the map, and it is very unique and exciting in more than a couple of ways.

The map will not be distributed, but rather will take about 90 seconds to download after you connect to the server.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

tycho

Re: co_asterisk

Count me in for this. I used to map for the CS team way back in the day so stuff like this really really interests me.

Should be fun, too.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: co_asterisk

There is a password that is used to password protect any TG gameserver that is password protected. It's my understanding that this password is sent via email to new members when they sign up, but perhaps that isn't the case anymore. Most (if not all) TG private servers are protected by IP authentication anymore.

If you need the password, let me know. We'd love to have you in next time. We'll definately be hosting this map again when Yellow is ready for more feedback. The map has great potential. It's impressive in and of itself. Knowing that it's created by someone who has no mapping experience is even cooler.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.