Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reserved slot regular?

Hey. I know about a week or two a go whyz said i was getting a reserved slot along with a couple others. Well the server was full today and i tried to join and it made me wait for lie 10 minutes then i gave up. Is that reserved slot supppsoed to kick pubbys or does it just make it so i dont get kicked by TG peeps?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Reserved slot regular?

RSRs can kick public players that do not have reservation in any way. Players can have reservation by having either membership, RSR, or pseudo-slots. RSR and pseudo-slots are both explained in stickied threads in this forum.

Wyzcrak

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so where I run CD all the time, if I join I will kick a non-reservered slotted person?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for pointing that sticky out to me whyz but when i tried it did not kick any pubbys it just sat me in line. Do i still have a reserved slot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try a forced join (using console)
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm i have never heard of that. I know back in WON days you could just try and join if you ignored the server full error message and continued. How would you force join in steam?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

paranoid is correct. However, I would recommend the following "connect" statement, as we now have a hostname and are running on the default HLDS port number:

connect tgns.tacticalgamer.com

I STRONGLY recommend using HLSW (hlsw.org) to join the server. It's a fine server browser for most people's needs and will launch CD flawlessly if configured correctly.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Emanon

ASE OWNS HLSW, cause it supports almost every multiplayer game out there.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next time I need a server browser for almost every game out there, I'll look up ASE.

Wyzcrak

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    paranoid is correct. However, I would recommend the following "connect" statement, as we now have a hostname and are running on the default HLDS port number:

connect tgns.tacticalgamer.com

I STRONGLY recommend using HLSW (hlsw.org) to join the server. It's a fine server browser for most people's needs and will launch CD flawlessly if configured correctly.

Wyzcrak
    Is there any trick to getting hlsw working with steam? I haven't had it work yet. I click and hlsw minimizes (or hides), and then nothing.
    --
    CaveDog
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're really going to enjoy HLSW, it's wise to keep up with the releases as they come. Based in Germany, they don't have the best release program. You have to watch their website, specifically their Beta forum. I'm currently using beta23. A couple of betas ago they released a version of HLSW that is Steam/HL-friendly. Before we try anything, try upgrading to beta23 and configuring it accordingly.

Wyzcrak