Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Day In The Life Of Rob

Hi all, heres a taste of my everyday life in Haiti.
    0600-reveille.
    0600-0700-Go for a run and have breakfeast/shower.
    0730-O group at the Engineer CP to sort out the daily taskings for the troop. This could be... the perimiter fence (Type3 Concertina), Floor boards for the tents(rainy season is comming), road construction, ROWPU (reverse osmosis water purification unit), Any and all constuction to the camp(carpenter wise),supervising the local workers building concrete pads, Surveying the roads so we can install a drainage system, catching some rays for tanning purposes, etc etc.

After the Ogroup, we all fan out to our respective tasks....carpenters build stuff, the Combat Engineers build everything else, and I go about Recce(Recon) tasks.
    As A Engineer Recce Sgt, I have the task to go out in the populous and figure out whether roads and bridges are safe to travel,look at Humanitarian projects that are coming up and give recommendations on what materials and work are req'd. All kinds of stuff, its a pretty good job as I am the only Recce Sgt here from Canada.

1130-1300 Lunch, comprising of IMP's (MRE's)....mmmmm
    1300-1630 Back to work as usual....more building everywhere.
    1630-1800 Supper, comprising of.......you guessed it, IMP's.
    1800-the next day....my time, I can go for a run, watch a movie ( I bought a personal DVD player for my tent), go to the ROWPU and have a shower with the cleanest water since the earth was created, or watch a hockey game on the 52 in widescreen TV in the mess tent.
    I like going over to the Marine Unit here on the airfield and shooting the **** with those guys...also they like our rations better than the MRE's they eat, so we usually trade a box or two.

So to sum up...this is my 5th tour overseas and I would have to say that this place is by far the nicest one yet...that may not be much in accordance with North American standards, but in comparison to some of the other ****holes in the world...this place ain't all that bad.

Take care guys, I'll try to send those pics soonest.
    PS. Some info on how the reduce a pic so I can mail them would be appreciated.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: A Day In The Life Of Rob

Awesome to hear from you again, Patorean!

As for those pics, what kind of connection are you on? I could get you an anoymous FTP account that you could just drag & drop those pictures into, but if you're on dialup or equivalent, it might take a while.

What's a snail mail address for you out there? Can you PM it to me?

Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

43452045524748454146204742204754202d204642424121

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Apophis
    Awesome to hear from you again, Patorean!

As for those pics, what kind of connection are you on? I could get you an anoymous FTP account that you could just drag & drop those pictures into, but if you're on dialup or equivalent, it might take a while.

What's a snail mail address for you out there? Can you PM it to me?
    hell yeah especially the snail mail... we could band to gether and get you some propper grub to eat.

+PARADOX+

Living the high life are we Rob, I got plenty of MRE's if you get hungry.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by +PARADOX+
    Living the high life are we Rob, I got plenty of MRE's if you get hungry.
    Yeah, I have a bunch of them left over too.. Anything that says "chunked and formed" on it. :-) I'd be more than happy to send those down to you, Rob!! heheheh...

Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

43452045524748454146204742204754202d204642424121

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How long are those MRE's supposed to last anyway?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a nice vacation, Rob!

Quote Originally Posted by Riyker
    How long are those MRE's supposed to last anyway?
    Bah, add some hot water and it should kill whatever is festering in there. Don't some come with mini-burners or something like that?
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by =Sarc=
    Don't some come with mini-burners or something like that?
    All of the new ones come with heaters. Just add water and <voila> instant gourmet dinner! Or you can save the heaters and tabasco sauce to make field expedient gas bombs to throw in the officers' tent during training exercises...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psi_RedEye22
    Good story. Needs more Haitian ninjas.
    Haitians are known for being pirates, not ninjas...

Pirates are cooler than ninjas anyway...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would a pirate ninja hybrid be like (thread hijack in progress!) get back on topic :P.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have'nt seen any Haitian pirate ninjas, but the country is littered with awesome looking women. You wouldn't believe it unless you've been here...almost everyone is poor, living in crappy shed and houses.....but all the people are generally clean and well presented. There is more Tits and Ass here than you can shake a stick it, I can't wait to get out in to the town soon to see those girls with "junk in the trunk".

Anyways guys, gotta split....Apo set me up a way I can send some pics...they'll be enroute shortly.

Rob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patorean
    I have'nt seen any Haitian pirate ninjas, but the country is littered with awesome looking women. You wouldn't believe it unless you've been here...almost everyone is poor, living in crappy shed and houses.....but all the people are generally clean and well presented. There is more Tits and Ass here than you can shake a stick it, I can't wait to get out in to the town soon to see those girls with "junk in the trunk".

Anyways guys, gotta split....Apo set me up a way I can send some pics...they'll be enroute shortly.

Rob

what are you missing most bud out of all the crap you can get at home...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the disease rate as high as it is there, I'd limit my recreational time to merely enjoying the views. Every single Haitian immigrant that I've had to deal with in the last year has been HIV+

Be careful, soldier. You're in a combat zone...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Re: A Day In The Life Of Rob

Rob

Yea He's been gone to long.. Headed to town to check out the "junk in the trunk". Now this is the third time I have told you STAY AWAY FROM THE NATIVE GIRLS
    I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol: