Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No more CD in the drive...

This is a guide to help you keep your original CD's in good condition.

First you will need some tools. These tools will help you determine the type of protection on your CD, create the image of the CD and Load the image with Virtual CD-ROM emulator. The three tools you will need are Clony, CloneCD and Daemon Tools. You will need to download all three and install. If you are running Windows 2000 or XP you may need to install this file. It is the ASPI layer and windows 2000/XP doesnt come with it.

Clony is a application written to read the CD and determine what type of copy protection is being used. It also sends the apropriate settings over to and opens CloneCD. CloneCD is the application that you will use to create the image files. Daemon Tools is a CD disk drive emulator.

1. Insert disk into your CD drive.
    2. Run Clony and select you CD drive from the drop down menu.
    3. Click Scan CD button.
    4. After the scan is complete, click on the CloneCD Button(This will load CloneCD with the apropriate settings)
    5. In CloneCD main, click Read to image file button.
    6. Choose your CD drive and click next.
    7. All setting should be set for you. Click next.
    8. You dont have to check create "cue sheet" box. Click browse button and choose the location to save your image. Click ok.
    9. Once your image file is complete, load Daemon Tools.
    10. Left click once on the Daemon Tools Icon on the taskbar.
    11. Click on "Device" option at the Daemon Tools menu.
    12. Browse to your image file and open it.

You now should have you game CD emulated.
    Last edited by Cobra; 04-14-2004 at 07:11 PM. Reason: tweaks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: No more CD in the drive...

I am writing a clone as we speak. It finished and WHAMMMMMMM!!!! Game loaded on the first try guys. If I can do it, any one can. LOL! Just in case you guys are wondering, you do not have to clone anything but the cd you use to run the game (Disk 1). All the updates and player setups are atomatically loaded when the game is run. Cool huh! Thanks Cobra.
    You may have saved a lot of harddrives today. Maybe even some computers in total from being unexpectedly being tossed out the window of numerous houses. I am going to try it with my Vietnam version of the game cause it is choopy as hell. The hard drive spins a lot faster than the cd rom drive so it should speed up the game some what. It works in theory anyhow.
    Last edited by coldbore; 04-16-2004 at 06:41 PM.
    Find it, Sight it, Shoot it! :icon24:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well.....I just tried it for BF Vietnam, and well..... it sped up the game a lot. However, I still get a lot of choppyness when around vehicles or other players. Hmmmmmmm. It runs faster, but still not fast as it should. Maybe it is an instalation issue.
    Find it, Sight it, Shoot it! :icon24:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you got it working easily. As far as BFV, I had choppyness on one of my machines until I upgraded to 1gb of ram.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FireMarshal
    Or Alcohol 52% is Rocks just as well!!
    I like Scotch on the rocks....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eternal
    Why not use just one tool, Alcohol 120%??? With this you can just make another cd and play off that. If you don't want to use a play cd it does everything daemon tools does and then some. There are alot of sites that list copy protections and with Alchohols easy menu system you don't have to worry about transferring settings between programs.

All this with only one program.

No site needed. This is made EASY. I used 120% and didnt like it. Half the time I couldnt get it to work. Also the point was not to use a CD. But if your so pasionate about it...You can always do your own write up...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coldbore
    Well.....I just tried it for BF Vietnam, and well..... it sped up the game a lot. However, I still get a lot of choppyness when around vehicles or other players. Hmmmmmmm. It runs faster, but still not fast as it should. Maybe it is an instalation issue.

Operator error 13
    I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eternal
    You won't need the cd with alcohol. It does everything the 3 programs you suggested does in one package. It burns perfect 1:1 copies if used correctly, it will emulate as many drives as you want (i.e. daemon tools), and if you know what copy protection the game has you use a simple drop down menu instead of having to rely on third party programs or guesswork to add the necessary settings.
    I am sorry you don't like it I just listed it as a viable option.
    Has nothing to do with liking or not. If you want to...Do a write up. There is no guess work with my way. Your way you have to know the type of protection. Mine does it for you. All 3 programs are probably smaller in size than Alcohol 120%. I just did this write up because I was asked. Instead of creating a arguement...just do your write up, and people can choose...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It may be a little late for this suggestion, but I know a site with a NO-CD cracked .EXE or patch for virtually every game out. I havnt had to use a cd for a game in over 2 years... figure about 40 cds that were installed then put away in a case to never be seen again.... and there's a patch for every version of BF1942 there... any one who wants to know where, let me know.
    _________
    <OP8-322>
    %#^^^#%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OP8
    It may be a little late for this suggestion, but I know a site with a NO-CD cracked .EXE or patch for virtually every game out. I havnt had to use a cd for a game in over 2 years... figure about 40 cds that were installed then put away in a case to never be seen again.... and there's a patch for every version of BF1942 there... any one who wants to know where, let me know.

Only problem with that(I used to do this) you are back to a CD when the game gets patched...Unless you write your own no-cd cracks?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coldbore
    FYI... once a map is loaded, I don't believe the game accesses the CD anymore so you won't necessarily see any in-game performance boosts by cloning the BF CDs. It does help quite a bit with loading maps however.
    |TG-12th| asch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asch
    FYI... once a map is loaded, I don't believe the game accesses the CD anymore so you won't necessarily see any in-game performance boosts by cloning the BF CDs. It does help quite a bit with loading maps however.

The only thing this benifits is, No-CD in the drive and a little faster map load time. I am pretty sure that the CD is only read to verify that its original. Then from the HD the rest of the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra
    Only problem with that(I used to do this) you are back to a CD when the game gets patched...Unless you write your own no-cd cracks?
    Only for a very short period of time. Game Copy World is very quick to update no-cd patches as regular patches are released. I believe the authors of such patches email them to the webmaster as soon as they've written them. I mention the site because I believe it is everyone's right to copy disks that they own for purposes of not wearing out their purchased copy. I do not advocate anyone pirating. Really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

accualy, just get Alcohol 120%, pretty much does all that you need