Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm pro-combat.......

well, i haven't been on the TG servers for awhile mainly because i've been busy. but one factor is because many people in this community segregate co and ns very much. just a thought, i think alot of you really gotta adjust to like combat. a map is a map and it's designed for your entertainment.

that will be all...if you have any opinions, please write em down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: i'm pro-combat.......

Seems like we've already done a thread like this

Or have we!?!?

SHHOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo *Fades into the distance*

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ns > co

taking a crap > co

getting your ass kicked in a bar by a horny naked drunken midget on ectasy > co

playing with self > co

getting shot > co

watching the movie "titanic" > co

jabbing a dull knife through your throat while Celine Dion sings her greatest hits = co

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 7 vs 7 game of combat with the guys at TG with all-talk on is a great way to have a lot of laughs and just in general have a good time. I have had a number of absolutely hillarious and action packed combat games on the TG server.

That said: the best game of CO ever can't compete with a great game of NS.

Combat is tedious in a small game, but so is NS. When we finally get the numbers we need for a good game of CO (4vs4 at least), then everyone wants to switch to NS. I don't mind.

I like combat. It's great to play when the TG server is empty and I don't want to play pub NS. It lacks the commander element of NS and this can be good for a change. I think the main reason TGers don't like it is because TG isn't about whoring levels and killing for no reason other than the score.

I put this on the same level as Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. If Final Fantasy wasn't in the title, I think a lot more people would have enjoyed the movie. If you don't compare Combat to NS (which I admit, is hard to do) then it's fairly enjoyable on its own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheFeniX
    I put this on the same level as Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. If Final Fantasy wasn't in the title, I think a lot more people would have enjoyed the movie. If you don't compare Combat to NS (which I admit, is hard to do) then it's fairly enjoyable on its own.

Actually I and a lot of my friends, went to see it because it said "Final Fantasy" in the title. We hated the movie.. not because of the FF in the title, but because the movie f-ing sucked. Who ever thought that was going to be a good movie should get shot.

I dont like CO for a couple of reasons (which I swear I have said before). If the aliens dont spawn camp to win in the first 5 minutes of the game, then they're going to lose to the marines because they will have all the upgrades with JPs or HAs and just walk over the aliens hive. Another reason why I hate CO is because, the game just isnt balanced. Both sides dont have an equal chance of winning, if the marines have a couple of good shots and the aliens suck, no amount of team is going to help the aliens win because they wont get enough kills to get better upgrades which will help them get more kills which in turn, better upgrades. Then lets not forget focus. One skulk with focus can pretty much win the game for the aliens during small games (less then 6 players). CO also completely sucks in small games, its funny, wasnt it made for small games? As sort of a starter to NS? If thats the case then why the hell does is suck when its 4 on 4? The only way to really enjoy CO is when its 6 on 6, then it usually becomes a stalemate and I personally would much rather play NS when its 6 on 6.. but then again I'm weird.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Combat sucks on TG more often then not because most of the players here are just to damn good at what they do (my performace today not withstanding, but I think that was packet loss). On pub CO servers, I dominate for the most part. And I don't consider myself to be an exceptional NS player.

The only reason NS devolves into a stalemate is because of the lack of teamwork. One sided victories are usually the fault of bad teamwork on one end, but decent teamwork on the other. I don't see one sided CO victories on the TG server. There seems to be a fairly even alien to marine win ratio. If someone would like to start running a log of it, we can take a more in depth look at the situation.

Although, I do agree that a CO game can be decided in the first 3 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends on the map. Most of the maps make is so easy for the marines to win (they dont even have to go into the hive to shoot it) that all they have to do is just keep rushing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by _Ender_
    It depends on the map. Most of the maps make is so easy for the marines to win (they dont even have to go into the hive to shoot it) that all they have to do is just keep rushing it.
    Yea, but on that same map, the marines start is heavily in favor of the aliens. There's no long straight hallways making hit and runs easy, plus it cramped, and the middle is blocked by an armory for the marine gang-bang humping.

It's not a problem if the marines hump the armory up until it blocks your line of fire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

integrate with the maps or seperate forever....

all i'm asking is: integration not seperation
    Last edited by Nightfire; 04-18-2004 at 01:20 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There IS integration, Nightfire... CO isn't in rotation, not off the server entirely. Start a vote and see what happens.

It's out of rotation because in general, it was decided that Classic was a more TG-style of gameplay as opposed to CO. It's not off the server entirely because CO DOES have merit, if less than NS.

NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerface
    ...in general, it was decided that Classic was a more TG-style of gameplay as opposed to CO. It's not off the server entirely because CO DOES have merit, if less than NS.....
    i'll have to agree with you on that. but last night, we played on co_angst and marines won