Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do I talk to much?

No, it's a serious question. I want to know honest opinions. It's not so much an issue when I'm on the marine team, I just like to keep my commander informed on where am I and where I'm going.

On Aliens, I feel that sometimes I may be playing Big Brother a little too much and pissing some people off. I constantly check the res standings and see what people are doing. I mainly point this towards pubs because it's almost a given for me that they'll res whore and end up ruining the game.

A perfect example was the game just a minute ago. We got stomped because wyz was commanding and it was really just me and Snappy against a massed TG reg team. We lost the hives and our chambers and some dick named Reavlin (or something) told me not to bitch. He (and two other pubs) had well above 60 res and he was getting on my case.

See, I hate pubs with a passion now. Look what you guys did to me. I am going to seriously consider doing all I can to make non-teamplayer pubs click the disconnect button. Sure, we want new members, but when one guy is blowing 30 res to lerk without DF chambers AND without bothering to drop an RT, it's just sad. I think it went like:
    Snappy: you'd better be a good lerk.
    TheFeniX: Nah, he'll be dead in 5 seconds.

I think he lasted 7.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Do I talk to much?

I like it when people tell me what to do, even though I pretty much know what has to be done. When people tell me what they think should be done, it makes me think about the situation more, and whether my idea was a good one or not.

On marines especialy, I like to be told where to go, because I find my self ramboing otherwise. Which isn't so bad, because I am capable of holding my own, but I like to be able to move with the team when needed and go off on my own when I think somthing has to be done, and I can do it myself, and there's alot that I can do by my self =P

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NothingMore.
    I like to be told where to go
    Not touching this :P

I dont think you talk a lot.... Now that daedebouy, he talked a lot.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NothingMore.
    I like it when people tell me what to do, even though I pretty much know what has to be done. When people tell me what they think should be done, it makes me think about the situation more, and whether my idea was a good one or not.
    This represents my take on this. I don't recall a time, ever, when I associated "blah blah blah" with Fenix. Keep the information coming, and keep the critiques coming, if I'm commanding. You guys know that I can take direction from my marines. You guys also know that I'm perfectly capable of telling you to shut up, brainstorming is over, and to get to your waypoints.

I'm going to put the next lil' bit in bold, because it's so, so important.

You all have seen me admin. You've seen the other admins handle problem players. You know what we do. Scenario dictates all, of course, but.. for the most part... we give new players one or two chances to "play it right." If they can't pull it off, they're gone. If you're on a team without an admin and suspect an admin would be "admining" a teammate of yours, PLEASE NOTIFY AN ADMIN ON THE OTHER TEAM.

Heck, use 'asay' (console command; speak to admins privately) if you want to. But WE CANNOT ADMIN IF WE DON'T KNOW THERE'S A PROBLEM. Why get all frustrated just because someone didn't know how we play, or perhaps had no respect for our playstyle?

We don't tolerate players like that here, and it's one of the many things that makes our server great. I have re-enabled CD (and the annoy plugin), and that will help.

And it's not just about you, either. Even if you can just ignore the problem player, some other new player may be looking at that problem player as an example of what TG's server is all about. That's one of the reasons it's so important that you alert an admin to the situation. It's very possible that you're not only allowing a problem player to remain, but also staining the experience for another, higher-quality player who is new to our server.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I'm just trying to make sure people don't get the impression I'm bossing them around. If my team is going to loose: I want it to be because we were just out-matched that game, not because three idiots whored res or didn't go through the PG because they were too busy making love to the armory.

If NothingMore has 50 res, I know I don't need to ask him to drop the hive or Fade, I just ask what he's got planned and I react accordingly. I may tell him we need the hive more than a fade, but I trust his judgement.

I'm just getting so damn tired of losing games because the marines have wyz as the com and some pub doesn't realize that 6 marines grouped together is something that needs to be dealt with NOW rather than saving to go onos with one hive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheFeniX
    I'm just getting so damn tired of losing games because the marines have _Ender_ as the com and some pub doesn't realize that 6 marines grouped together is something that needs to be dealt with NOW rather than saving to go onos with one hive.

there, better now :P

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by _Ender_
    there, better now :P
    To speak for Eclipse: First rule of any awesome commander... have an uncontrollably large ego. You're coming right along, grasshopper.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ gayest wink icon ever!

and thats "awesomely uber leet" to you wyz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    To speak for Eclipse: First rule of any awesome commander... have an uncontrollably large ego. You're coming right along, grasshopper.
    I was an amazing commander once...

Now I'm just amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TG's a pub just like every other pub. the same dumb **** that goes on everywhere else goes on here. the reason why i pub at other servers more is that at least they don't have the pretense of having teamwork and competence. and there's absolutely nothing i can do about it in both cases, so other dumb pubs are more enjoyable :O I guess i always have clan play and #nspug to fall back to when I want real ns.
    Last edited by Sasuke; 04-18-2004 at 02:51 AM.

Emanon

haha, NSPUG, thats just a pub with a bunch of good players. aka RAMBO MANIA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aliens need a commander, too, at least in the sense that they need to have the organization that a commander-like presence would bring.

That's one reason (probably the only reason) I miss the old gorge-whore res model; it set someone in charge of how res got spent, making a de facto leader of the alien team, in at least on regard.

NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plus it actually meant something when you killed the gorge..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I don't think you talk too much Fenix. In fact I don't think of you as much of a talker/spammer, you just get things done.

on a side note, I got hearing back in my left ear, went to the Doc and he cleaned it out good. Its amazing what a huge syringe filled with water can do . So prepare to die.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

tycho

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke
    TG's a pub just like every other pub. the same dumb **** that goes on everywhere else goes on here. the reason why i pub at other servers more is that at least they don't have the pretense of having teamwork and competence. and there's absolutely nothing i can do about it in both cases, so other dumb pubs are more enjoyable :O I guess i always have clan play and #nspug to fall back to when I want real ns.

I'm so glad that you dont deem us worthy of your grace, my lord.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast