Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

video lag/question

Saturday night I was playing from the cpgf's and was getting terrible notchieness in game. Movement was slow and blocky and I had a terrible time moving around. This has only started in Beta 4.
    Some-one else mentioned this in-game, cri.tter I think. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this might be? I didn't notice it Friday night, although I wasn't on very long before I was uncerimoniously .....

HS
    I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: video lag/question

Quote Originally Posted by HSantal
    although I wasn't on very long before I was uncerimoniously .....
    Got a problem? PM me.

That aside.

Alot of people are having problems with graphics. Check the NS boards, that's all I can say.

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're running an ati card, type "ati_npatch 0" on the console. It disables that ati patch valve had to release a year or so ago that turned on some ATI feature. I have noticed that with this version of NS, all it tends to do is just drop my frames to an unplayable area. I've disabled it and it seems like it has helped, wont really be able to tell until I get into a game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was JUST going to comment on this. I thought my mouse was dying, but my mouse was fully charged and doing that. ati_npatch 0 you say? I shall try that.

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has worked for me and the issue I was having (even though on some maps like eclispe, I am still getting crappy frames. I am guessing its because the map is bloated and everything, even things not in direct view, is getting rendered). Try it though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually i recommend just reinstalling =\ it seems to be the fix to most of steam's problems. There's tons of corruption that goes on after you play the game for a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wrong

been running steam since beta, hardly n e problems

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just because you haven't had any problems does not mean that the problems of others are fabricated or insignificant.

Santal, I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm too ignorant to help, but I do hope you find resolution.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have nothing running in the background that I've added. Don't run anything, AIM, Messenger or the like. I stop almost all applications that are not needed. Remeber, this is at the cpgf's and she's not had any issues until Saturday night.

HS
    I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Emanon

I have noticed odd teleporting from time to time. Its not lag cause I'll end up in a place I have yet to travel and no loss or choke is reported.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try setting the hardware acceleration on your soundcard to the lowest setting.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Emanon

Talking Re: video lag/question

hehe wyz, Is that your generic answer to everything?

Sound acceleration and vsync.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmao! Hey man! Don't knock it until you try it! "reboot" sounds like a stupid solution, but it works for tooooo many computer problems. haha

tycho

I did not notice the warping untill the team plugin was installed. It may just cooincide with the timing of beta 4, but those are just my observations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    lmao! Hey man! Don't knock it until you try it! "reboot" sounds like a stupid solution, but it works for tooooo many computer problems. haha
    Also, try restarting IE, then clearing your browser cache and cookies....

Seriously tho, I have had terrible slugishness when starting thru hlsw, starting with beta 4. Dont know what the real cause is, but if i start thru steam, no problems. I find that very odd.
    --
    CaveDog
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast