Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Thread: Input needed...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Input needed...

What is a good affordable MP3-AM/FM-Headphone plugin player?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Input needed...

I don't know if it comes with a beltclip.

No, seriously, I don't have one of those, so I can't be helpful. Good luck tho.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra
    What is a good affordable MP3-AM/FM-Headphone plugin player?
    Not sure what you mean by "plugin", but I have the RioAudio Cali 256 MB player and love it. Check out the specs... I have an additional 256 MB card in it so I have half a gig of space.
    |TG-12th| asch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asch
    Not sure what you mean by "plugin", but I have the RioAudio Cali 256 MB player and love it. Check out the specs... I have an additional 256 MB card in it so I have half a gig of space.
    I meant a place to plug in headphones, and also forgot to mention I want one that transmits over FM signal too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you ever think of maybe getting a CD based mp3 player, like a disc man with mp3 decoding? They will hold a lot more then this thing (700 megs > 256 megs), plus the cd player and the cdrs themselves will be dirt cheap.

Unless you dont like changing Cds...

EDIT - You want something with FM tuning.. I am not sure if the CD based mp3 players do FM tuning though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by _Ender_
    Did you ever think of maybe getting a CD based mp3 player, like a disc man with mp3 decoding? They will hold a lot more then this thing (700 megs > 256 megs), plus the cd player and the cdrs themselves will be dirt cheap.

Unless you dont like changing Cds...

EDIT - You want something with FM tuning.. I am not sure if the CD based mp3 players do FM tuning though...
    Yes they do. I got a Panasonic FM radio/CD MP3 player for $70 about a year ago. The headphones that came with it were crappy, but another $50 will get some good speakers on your ears.

I'd also suggest getting a Maha battery charger and some AA batteries (NiMH) from http://www.thomasdistributing.com/ for anything that goes through AA batteries like this...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mpex.net/img/news/00455_muvonx.jpg

It's not an AMFM radio, though it is an awesome MP3 player. I said screw the radio when I got this. NEVER any trouble, also works hours on a AAA battery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Cobra is looking for a unit that will transmit the audio over FM radio. I'm not sure if CD/MP3 players that do this are out there. I'm sure I've seen ones that can play AM/FM radio but not transmit over it.

I would try out that Muro unless you find something better. It would be good to get one that has an expandable memory slot. Sometimes 256Mb isn't enough. Although, a CD/MP3 player is cheap and CDR's are even cheaper. It might be worth the bulk of a CD player.
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude!!! it trasmits to FM thats is really freakin cool!! I want one! I have lots of MP3s and Books as MP3 I would like to listen to during my hour commute. this would be perfect

256MB would not be enough at all though. I woudl prefer something that took a 1 or 2GB CF card

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FM transmitters are cheap. I'd get the MP3 player of your choice and then get a $25 FM transmitter that plugs into your headphone jack. Obviously, you'll only get FM quality, though... If you're satisfied with FM quality music, then this would work great for adding an MP3 player to your car. This is exactly what I did so I could play MP3s in my work car (that only has an AM/FM radio).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp...-910GS&cat=MP3

If you can spend the extra money, this doesn't look too bad. It's got the FM transmitter and 20Gb.

http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp...VP-300&cat=MP3

There's also this one that might be more in your price range. You can go with Cing's idea of an extra FM transmitter. This unit looks like you can expand it's memory size later with flash memory of various types or even a notebook harddrive. Plus, it functions as a flash memory reader for your PC.
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really only want it to hold 3-4 cds worth of my favorite songs. My car stereo can read MP3/WMA files, so I use MP3 cds in there. I just want one that can transmit over FM because my work truck lacks CD/Tape player.