Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UNCAP Base Rule....

I just want to be clear on the rules here.

If I start to shoot someone (maybe even getting them to start smoking and ready to blow) and they run to their uncap base. Can I chase them into it and kill them? I have done that once and the person wasnt to happy. I havent done it since but it bugs me to think that someone can tag safe in the middle of a battle.

I'm all for the spirit of the rule and how it prevents base raping and stuff. I think it is a great rule. But I want to be sure on that one point.

Emanon

Re: UNCAP Base Rule....

In the rules thread it says that if you are engaged in battle you may not use the rule to protect yourself.

Another words you did the right thing.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emanon
    In the rules thread it says that if you are engaged in battle you may not use the rule to protect yourself.

cool thanks.... guess I should have looked there sorry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emanon

As I understand the rules, quite literally he did not. *I* was not in battle with him. I was flying back to base to repair when he first hit me. I continued on and as I landed on the hanger, he came in and blew me up. I wasn't running to the base for safety. I was going back to repair. The question then is, if HE engages me in battle, but I do not so engage, can he continue to attack once I am in the base.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fait_Maker
    As I understand the rules, quite literally he did not. *I* was not in battle with him. I was flying back to base to repair when he first hit me. I continued on and as I landed on the hanger, he came in and blew me up. I wasn't running to the base for safety. I was going back to repair. The question then is, if HE engages me in battle, but I do not so engage, can he continue to attack once I am in the base.
    Yeah, I'd say so... The reason we have the rule is not to create some sort of "safe zone" that people can run and hide in. It's merely to prevent spawncamping and baseraping. I would think that once you leave the UCB, you're fair game for anyone...

What's everyone else think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need to repair and are engaged enroute, either evade, engage or die! If your not in your base but are in route to it, then you are fair game. Just because you didn't return fire on a hostile force that started engaging you doesn't mean the battle isn't taking place.

Evasion doesn't mean you can tag "safe base" in order to continue on. Now, had you been in the camp long before, they flew over or whatever and happened to see the blades spinning or whatever, then that's raping and it's no good.

Not to be confused is Artillary bombardment into the base. As we know, indirect fire into an enemy base is kosher.

There will always be those judgement calls, as in a heilo is hovering over their base, is it fair game? Generally I pass this one by unless I'm engaged, however, I feel that is fair game as they are not in their base. To me, unless you are on the deck you are fair game for attack. It shouldn't matter that you can re-arm/repair in air ... If your not on the deck, I think it's a fair shot on a good kill; but alas, I will generally pass this opportunity by so as to maintain a little piece of sanity in a chaotic game!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if im in a dog fight it doesn't matter where you fly i am going to chase you down until i kill you...

the interpration of the rule should be you are safe when you spawn in but once you leave there is no going back....

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool, works for me, all of that seemed like the way I thought it works.

Didnt even think it was you I was talking about Fait. Wasnt sure who I did it to. Wasnt bothered that you didnt think it was right either. I just posted this to make sure I wasnt breaking rules.

The rules are why I like TG and I jsut wanted to make sure I understood them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billybob
    if im in a dog fight it doesn't matter where you fly i am going to chase you down until i kill you...

the interpration of the rule should be you are safe when you spawn in but once you leave there is no going back....

totally off topic: Nice bike in the avatar billybob

And I agree with the no "oly oly oxenfree" safe zone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fr1j0l3
    totally off topic: Nice bike in the avatar billybob

And I agree with the no "oly oly oxenfree" safe zone.

thanks, there is a video of me doing a burnout some where in the pictures section..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget
    Not to be confused is Artillary bombardment into the base. As we know, indirect fire into an enemy base is kosher.
    Wasn't this just changed though? That's why the #1 rule says no firing into a primary base. I would take that to mean that no more firing artillery into the main base.

FWIW, I don't have a problem with someone going in and killing me <even if I didn't even shoot him>. I just want to make sure the rules are crystal clear. At one point, we had discussed not being in the primary for any reason ever. If Memory attacking me while repairing is legit, after following me in, than I am fine with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wwwMEMORYnet
    cool, works for me, all of that seemed like the way I thought it works.

Didnt even think it was you I was talking about Fait. Wasnt sure who I did it to. Wasnt bothered that you didnt think it was right either. I just posted this to make sure I wasnt breaking rules.
    It was me and you were right. I wasn't happy about it. Only because I didn't think that's the way it worked. As I understood it, once you engaged in battle, you couldn't use the base as a safe haven. Since I didn't engage, I thought I should be safe.

If the rule is, once engaged <by you or another>, you can be followed into the base than what you did is fine. If that's the case, I'm fine with it and I will use that to my advantage. Typically, I did not chase anyone <into their base> unless fired upon by them.

You'll notice I didn't give you to much grief over it. I commented and moved on. I am glad you brought it up for discussion though. The admins have discussed various possible rule changes but nobody has actually announced any changes, I don't think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what we really need is for the admins to make a thread of the current rules.

they should be specific not as general as to what is prodcasted on the server...

so we regs can learn them and teach them to the pubs that enjoy playing on our server...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Re: UNCAP Base Rule....

The Rules are general because they have to be used with common sense and fair game play. Thinking! not the run and gun and run and hide for the kills.. If the rules have to be spelled out to every move you make then your not a TG player you are a robot, that we have created and Bots are not any fun to play with because you can predict what they are going to do.. Its not the rules that make the player it is the attitude and sense of fair playing that makes the player ...If a player thinks you have to run into a base and kill a bunch of player at the spawn or even just get a bunch of kills then they are not playing the game. The game is keeping the flags for the most time..and watch the ticket run out..You don't have to rape a UCB to do that..Yes it might be easier but not fair.

I can find flaw or a way to get around every rule made but thats not what it should be. Take the rule for what it is meant to be and then add the spirit of it add it to fair play and go for it.

Also remember to be patient the player that is breaking a rule may be a future TG player that needs his head put in the right place.

As far as the Pubs, the most you can do is tell them and see some return and some don't and the ones that show up in the forms and join TG are usually the ones worth something...

Have a nice day I just stopped by to put in my two cents worth.....
    I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol: