Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FireMarshal

Exclamation Fire Training Video

This is some training we did yesterday with some rookies of the Volunteer Fire Department.. The guy shooting the photos is odviously an amature but yet it's ok for what were doing with it...

The first segment I am the one instructing, and stoking the fire (oddly enough) and have the flashlight on the side of my helmet as well as one in my hand you can see the beams... On the second segment same thing, accept you can see 823 on the back of my helmet.. (now I am 821 but have not changed helmets).

Just a little bit of video that I made for a short bit of entertinment...

Video is 46.6 MB so Dial up people beware... if you want a .zip version let me know..

Video Here
    Last edited by FireMarshal; 05-02-2004 at 03:45 PM.

FireMarshal

Re: Fire Training Video

Here is the zip version.... already had a couple requests..

Zip File

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psi_RedEye22
    What is that horrendous high-pitched noise every 5 seconds???

Other than that, I liked it alot. Great soundtrack.
    My guess is the camera man's breather so close to the mike on the camera? Am I right FM?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are gas masks. Sounds like a lot. My WW2 gas mask is quieter than that :P
    guess its so you know thier alive and breathing

FireMarshal

Those are the airpacks (SCBA) yes and the regulators make that noise... There are a huge difference from gas masks and SCBA's. (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus).

Gas Masks are more air filters than anything in most cases... these you are using supplied air from the cylinders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chris.... as long as your doing training sessions, don't pull something like this

:P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agent Fife!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FireMarshal
    Those are the airpacks (SCBA) yes and the regulators make that noise... There are a huge difference from gas masks and SCBA's. (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus).

Gas Masks are more air filters than anything in most cases... these you are using supplied air from the cylinders.

well i am a PADI trained SCUBA diver (Self Contained Underwater Breathing Aparatus) and tut tut tut if there is screaming comming from one of the regulators then you need to rinse it more thouroughly after use. nah just kiding just thought i would pipe in because i have that equipment sitting next to me, but next to a wet suit and a Boyancy Control device.

i tell you though when they do that screaming and you are underwater.... its mad, even though the sound is comming from your face it sounds like its behind you... soundls like a blody torpedo....lol

no wait while i type this is am lookig and listening at the video and dude that regulator sounds like it is screwed... i certainly would not be using that anymore.

ok it sounds like there is something wrong with them but all of your guys are experiencing the same problems. so is it a problem or is there just a difference between the regulators i use and those that you use. i have seen the united Kingdoms fire service breathing gear it doesnt make that noise they baisically have a scuba tank and regulator fitted to a full face marsk with an added filter but is doesnt scream. is there a reason why they are doing this other than just a bit old and dirty. thats whne mine does that, if i didnt rinse it properly?
    Last edited by DudeMan; 05-03-2004 at 06:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can you get me some pictures of the cylinders and equipment you are using, just the regulators and the masks etc etc i dont need the jacket and jock strap...lol

just want to compare the technologies of the two, one being a sport one being a profession

FireMarshal

I have found that it depends on the manufacture on what sounds the airpack makes.. some are not as bad as others.. I personally hate those survivair packs... I am working to have them replaced with a newer and up to date model...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FireMarshal
    I have found that it depends on the manufacture on what sounds the airpack makes.. some are not as bad as others.. I personally hate those survivair packs... I am working to have them replaced with a newer and up to date model...

ill check what my regulator is called, because it is totally silent unless very very dirty, then it imits a high pitch squeel... but maybe the smoke in the atmos does that to your regs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Rockin' soundtrack Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DudeMan
    well i am a PADI trained SCUBA diver
    Im a scuba diver too. I did my open water and open water advanced in Thailand last year. I haven't got any of my own kit though. Where have you dived Dudman?
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

www.MakePovertyHistory.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute
    Im a scuba diver too. I did my open water and open water advanced in Thailand last year. I haven't got any of my own kit though. Where have you dived Dudman?

AT THE MOMENT JUST OFF THE WEST COAST OF iRELAND, well i say just, but on my first dive out there i saw a sun fish ... usually a deep water fish it comes near the surface to have parasites picked off by smaller fish... one of the most amazing sights didt get close to it.

i tell you all my gear which is all my own now cost me about 1500 pounds... its a hell of a wack but safety first....

i am going back to ireland this year but i am planning on going to the red sea with my dive club. its supposed to be superb there.. i also want to do the PADI rescue divers course and the Ship Wreck one cant remember what the one ic called but i really literally only got my license recently.

what was thailand like?

oh when you do get your own stuff i strongly recomend a made to measure suit i am not the skinniest of guys and having one that nearly fits just isnt good.

that would be my tip it cost a little more but diving in a suit that fits you personally is the best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DudeMan
    AT THE MOMENT JUST OFF THE WEST COAST OF iRELAND, well i say just, but on my first dive out there i saw a sun fish ... usually a deep water fish it comes near the surface to have parasites picked off by smaller fish... one of the most amazing sights didt get close to it.
    The sunfish is a type of grouper, isn't it? Once when I was snorkeling in Okinawa (kicked myself many times for not getting SCUBA certified while there...), I was finning around this volcanic crater that had formed an awesome reef. I climbed over the top of the rim to the outside edge and there were huge shallow (20 feet deep) caves all over the outer rim. I'm swimming along, minding my own business when this massive grouper darts out of one of the caves. When I say massive, I mean he was bigger than me. Scared the daylights out of me. I blew out all my air trying to scream like a bitch and then choked on water trying to get to the surface, as I was probably 15-20 feet down... I had seen plenty of little sharks and sea snakes, but nothing this enormous! Once I recovered both from trying to breathe seawater and from the startling experience, I went back down, but was unable to find him again. That was my most memorable snorkeling experience...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast