Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Dear Regulars, Members and Non-Members alike:

Just a reminder that maturity and respect are among the reasons why we come here to stay and play, instead of playing elsewhere.

Lately, maturity has seemingly been going slowly downhill in the NS crowd. Just because NS is TG's youngest crowd doesn't mean we aren't expected to meet TG's proven and long-valued standards for maturity. Everyone's game for a good laugh, just remember, as you play on the server and post in the forums, that Tactical Gamer is built on standards for maturity and teamwork. Obviously, teamwork is alive and well in our NS games. Maturity is not an obstacle to fun, and both should be shown and enjoyed by any regular on our server and forums.

For most of you, this notice gets my point across. For some of you, individual attention will be required. If an admin slaps you on the wrist for doing something you've been doing previously without any problem, don't lose any sleep over it. Just note which of your actions earned you that personalized attention and stop doing it.

I didn't design the maturity and respect mindset here, but I do support it and it is my task to preserve and grow it within and among the TG Natural Selection players. If anyone has any questions or ideas regarding all this (including disagreements), please feel free to contact me via PM or IM.

Thanks.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Dear Regulars, Members and Non-Members alike:

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    Just a reminder that maturity and respect are among the reasons why we come here to stay and play, instead of playing elsewhere.
    It's been six months since I wrote that, but it still holds true today.

We're blessed to enjoy the company of many new players these days, be they new both to the game and server or only the latter. Some of them, even those who are intelligent and perfectly valid "regulars" candidates, don't understand how we do things, be it a general teamwork requirement or something as specific as expecting the lowest on the scoreboard to balance the uneven teams.

Please do try to be patient with our new guests (even if you've seen them before and they've played a few games -- they still may be learning how things work around here). Try not to jump down the throat of someone "new" when they're doing something that the rest of us understand as wrong.

I'm asking you guys to just be nice to folks, new and old. It just makes for a more satisfying experience for everyone involved. Contrary to my failing in my attempts at times, I'll do my best to hold myself to the same standard. As ended the last post, so too will this one end with an invitation to contact me if you have any questions or thoughts about this.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Wyzcrak; 01-22-2013 at 04:57 PM.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Dear Regulars, Members and Non-Members alike:

Bumpity bump...

Not because we need a reminder, quite the opposite: I want to thank everyone for making TG:NS a spectacular place to play day in and day out. You players do good work, and it makes my job both simpler and more pleasurable.

Again, thank you, and keep on keepin' on.

NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2