Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Question RE: Dealing with Smacktards without Admin

I just wondered if there was an SOP for dealing with smacktards while playing on a TG public server if there isn't anyone with Admin privileges. I know that the Admins have jobs(and lives) and can't be on 24/7.

An example was tonight. I was on the TG public server and someone entered a UCB. I asked them to kindly get out of the UCB. The player did vacate the UCB(not without stealing a vehicle). I assume it was since I carry the |TG| tag now.

Is there a course of action that I can take if asking nicely and repeatedly doesn't work? I hate to quit playing just because someone is getting on my nerves but if that is the only answer that is what I will do.

[volun]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Question RE: Dealing with Smacktards without Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_McDermott
    I just wondered if there was an SOP for dealing with smacktards while playing on a TG public server if there isn't anyone with Admin privileges. I know that the Admins have jobs(and lives) and can't be on 24/7.

An example was tonight. I was on the TG public server and someone entered a UCB. I asked them to kindly get out of the UCB. The player did vacate the UCB(not without stealing a vehicle). I assume it was since I carry the |TG| tag now.

Is there a course of action that I can take if asking nicely and repeatedly doesn't work? I hate to quit playing just because someone is getting on my nerves but if that is the only answer that is what I will do.
    Let me see what I can arrange for you! Give me a couple days.. :-)

Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

43452045524748454146204742204754202d204642424121

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try to see if there is an admin on Teamspeak, to help in the mean time. Usually you can find at least one with admin status to BF. I'll try to be on more to help out with the problem. It's been a bit difficult for me though with the nicer weather. My motorcycle needs to go out a lot more than usual. <Sorry Apo... couldn't help myself>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SMACKTARDS?? You just age bracketed yourself with that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fait_Maker
    Try to see if there is an admin on Teamspeak, to help in the mean time. Usually you can find at least one with admin status to BF. I'll try to be on more to help out with the problem. It's been a bit difficult for me though with the nicer weather. My motorcycle needs to go out a lot more than usual. <Sorry Apo... couldn't help myself>

I wondered if I could do that. I saw Paradox in GR last night and I thought about bothering him if I needed to. I didn't know if there was any "policy" about bothering other Admins while they are in another game.

Some people have to walk their dogs, you have to ride your motorcycle. Otherwise, it doesn't get enough excercise. I completely understand.

[volun]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LOWDRAG
    SMACKTARDS?? You just age bracketed yourself with that one.
    Oh oh. Is that good or bad? That's the only nice word I could come up with cause there is no cursing.
    Last edited by Killer_McDermott; 05-12-2004 at 09:12 AM.

[volun]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Apophis
    Let me see what I can arrange for you! Give me a couple days.. :-)
    I may be wrong but if this is headed where I think it is, I think Fait would put in a good word for me. Just don't ask him after he's been in a helo on the opposing team.

[volun]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_McDermott
    I wondered if I could do that. I saw Paradox in GR last night and I thought about bothering him if I needed to. I didn't know if there was any "policy" about bothering other Admins while they are in another game.

Some people have to walk their dogs, you have to ride your motorcycle. Otherwise, it doesn't get enough excercise. I completely understand.
    There is no policy about bothering admins... maybe there should be.

Definitely bother an admin if there is a problem with a server. The game admins are there to handle disruptive players and I'm sure won't mind jumping out of another game to take care of the matter. I know I don't care if somebody says there's a 'smacktard' on the GR or RvS servers. I'll leave whatever I'm doing to handle the situation.

Players shouldn't be afraid to call the big guns in. It's the only way we can game peacefully.
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have no problem if you contacted me in teamspeak, email, instant messenger. We accepted the admin responsibilities... we should do our best to fulfill them. If we're occupied and can't get to the admin console, we'll let you know. It can't hurt to ask.

I've been on vacation and away from a gaming machine these past couple of weeks so I haven't been able to be in-game... but I can still run the remote console and help out.
    |TG-12th| asch

+PARADOX+

I have no problem helping solve a problem when I am on TS2 or AIM for that matter. I was on last night and would have been glad to help if asked. Please don't hesitate to ask for help if you see me on-line and NO it's not a bother.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you Talking about the Nvts guys? I think I was on after you and had the same issues.