Farenheit 911 Wins Big!

New to TG? Start here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Farenheit 911 Wins Big!

LOL

"'That someone could make a film like this in America, under the iron fist of the Bush-Cheney administration, demonstrates a kind of courage unknown and unnecessary in the free Arab film industry,'" according to the official news release from the Al Jazeera Film Festival.

Fahrenheit 9/11 edged out top Arab-produced films including, The Mighty Eternal House of Saud, Zarqawi: Hero of Modern Islam and Elegy for a Brother: Tribute to Saddam Hussein."
    Last edited by leejo; 05-24-2004 at 11:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many people have critisised Moore's editing on this forum saying he is twisting the truth. There is a worthwhile article in this Sunday's Observer talking about Moore's hipocracy.
    http://observer.guardian.co.uk/revie...222496,00.html

I still think he has a very important message despite his methods or personal actions.
    Last edited by Wintermute; 05-25-2004 at 07:22 AM.
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

www.MakePovertyHistory.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calling his films documentaries are insults to actual documentaries out there. His latest film is nothing more than a political attack film. When he actually makes a documentary that has actual facts in it and he refrains himself from editting the sequences to distort facts, then I may watch one of his documentaries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie
    Calling his films documentaries are insults to actual documentaries out there. His latest film is nothing more than a political attack film. When he actually makes a documentary that has actual facts in it and he refrains himself from editting the sequences to distort facts, then I may watch one of his documentaries.
    Yeah, I lost all respect for him when he called "Bowling for Columbine" a documentary... The fact that he won an Oscar for it blew my mind.

A creative, artistic film that really makes you think? Yes.

A documentary? Not by a longshot...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now we learn that several prominent Democratic party operatives have been hired to promote Moore's film. Helping out are Howard Wolfson (Hillary Clinton's former press secretary), Michael Feldman (an Al Gore advisor during the election of 2000), Mark Fabiani (the Clinton Administration official who spent his time trying to prove the existence of the vast right-wing conspiracy), and Chris Lehane (Al Gore's campaign spokesman).

LINK
    New to TG? Start here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heheheh...

I like this quote better:

Rather than gripe about it, though, conservatives need to build a parallel infrastructure. We need to find, foster and fund the creative talent that can challenge the ideological monopoly of leftists in Hollywood. We need to figure out how to distribute conservative films, even if it means taking the financial risk of renting theaters to show them. We need to tap into the dollars of that vast right-wing conspiracy and start challenging the left in the various media that they dominate. We can't demonstrate that a market exists without making the films first. And films don't get made by simply complaining about the forces that are aligned against us.
    (same link as above, after the sensational who-worked-for-who list)

While I dont agree with moore on all counts, I think he takes a very "unpopular" stand most of the time, and shines the light in places most of us don't want to see.

I'll hold back my opinions about this movie until I get to actually watch it. (and that seems to be what disney co. does not want me to do) Once it's all out in the open, then air grievences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fr1j0l3
    heheheh...

I like this quote better:
    That is an interesting quote. Right now, the only form of media that isn't dominated by liberals is talk radio. I would welcome a bit of political shift in hollywood....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need to find, foster and fund the creative talent that can challenge the ideological monopoly of leftists in Hollywood.
    IMHO Hollywood is pretty conservative. Most films are about how you should be a Good American Hero. e.g. Badboys. Yes they swear and kill, but in the end they are Goodboys who settle down with their woman, own property, hold down a job, save the little kiddies etc. Pretty much every action movie has this theme. Love films are even more establishment biased (Titanic, Four Weddings...).

There are very few big films advocating anything the opposite to that. One exception is Fight Club where the character/s "hit rock bottom."
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

www.MakePovertyHistory.com