Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Draft's Coming

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/...ua_congressorg

What do you think about this??

I think it's good, not sure I think college shouldnt be an out.
    But generally I think if were in this for the long haul, we gotta do this.

So all you teeney boppers reading this.... You can "Be an Army Of 1" or make the smart decision and join the MARINE CORPS.
    Either way your gonna work for the Uncle

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: The Draft's Coming

I haven't read the following, but it appears relevant. A January letter from the original cosponsor of HR 163 to the House Speaker:

http://www.house.gov/stark/documents...raftstate.html
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    I haven't read the following, but it appears relevant. A January letter from the original cosponsor of HR 163 to the House Speaker:

http://www.house.gov/stark/documents...raftstate.html

That statement was made before the war had even started. He was trying to make a point that reinstating the draft for this war was ridiculous.

Anyways, they've been wanting to reinstate the draft for years now. I'll believe it when I'm called to serve.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MIKO'S ALIVE!

Suddenly, I like this thread a lot more now.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, yeah. I'm here. I've just been very busy lately, and when I've had time to play games, I've been playing Red Orchestra and City Of Heroes

Anyways, this is Democratic Legislation. Their goal is not to reinstate thedraft, but to make people think Bush is behind these plans. This will switch quite a few votes. A brilliant strategy, if you ask me.

Also, another exerpt from this page:

----

"Six Reasons" THe Neo-Cons need another "Manufactured" Terrorist Attack!!
    Who's really behind the Terrorism!!

There are Several Reasons the Neo-cons need another Terrorist Attack I will name just Six!!

1. The truth is starting to come out about what really happened on 9/11 and people are beginning to realize that the "MEDIA" has been lying about what really happened. In addition there are several Families suing the Government for having Prior Knowledge of 9/11. See Ellen Marianni's lawsuit at
    WWW.911forthetruth.com and www.septembereleventh.org , Ellen Marianni lost her husband on Flight 175 and the "MEDIA" is covering up this very critical Lawsuit.

2.The draft Legislation in congress. see Bills slipped under the Radar S89 and HR 163.

3. The Government wants to make the Patriot Act permanent,. Another terrorist attack "Manufactured" crises would solidify this. In Fact Marshall Law may even be declared.

4. Bush's approval ratings are down to 42% A terrorist attack might Rally the troops
    behind Bush again so they think.

5. The Project For The New American Century needs to be expanded war with Syria, Iran and North Korea could be Next.

6. The Prison Scandal IN IRAQ and The beheding of Nick Berg which was a Neo-Con PSHYC OPS which didn't work.

SEE ALEX JONES DOCUMENTARY FILM THE "ROAD TO TYRANNY" at

WWW.INFOWARS.com

WWW.PrisonPlanet.com

"THE ROAD TO TYRANNY" A must watch, watch it on either of these websites 110% better then Michael Moores Movie and Better Documented!!

----

I don't think we're dealing with the most reliable source here.
    Last edited by MikoLovesYou; 05-28-2004 at 11:12 AM.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've yet to see anything or anyone who is reliable when it comes to policital issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, what about Snopes? They're pretty reliable. http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/draft.asp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Re: The Draft's Coming

All I can say is "bring it on!" I am enlisting all ready, I guess I could use some friends to hang out with when it comes (if it comes). I am probably out of line here, so if I am, excuse me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LegionPaulL
    All I can say is "bring it on!" I am enlisting all ready, I guess I could use some friends to hang out with when it comes (if it comes). I am probably out of line here, so if I am, excuse me.
    Draftees generally don't make good soldiers. Having already been in the army on a voluntary basis this may seem a bit wierd but I wouldn't be happy with this. It's one thing joining and another being pressganged into service.

It's a fact that countries that use a draft system have poorer soldiers. If everyone joins then you know they're going to be better soldiers than those that don't. And why should they be able to make those who don't wish to join, join? And if recruiting numbers are up at moment as posted a while ago in these forums then why the need to draft - is something big being planned? Or are recruitment numbers really down and they're pulling more propoganda to keep it hidden? Perhaps the numbers in Iraq and afghanistan of dead and wounded are higher than is being stated and there's a need for fresh troops - or maybe China's about to wage world war 3.

I wonder if you guys adopt it - will we see a return here in the UK too?

Whatever the reason I would say there's more reason to be worried than not because this can only mean bad times.
    Jex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hold on is this baisically conscription.... oh thats bad, soldiers who didnt choose to be there are not as dedicated as soldiers who chose to be there and knew the risks....

but if you nered it .... why do you need it again... the war aint going badly to that extent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Re: The Draft's Coming

Well, that is a good point. If I am out there in Iraq, pinned down by Iraqi rebels, I would not want the guy next to me run his drafted butt away saying "I didnt ask for this." Very nice point. I dont want to die due to people not wanting to fight.
    If it is stupid but works, then it is not stupid.
    -Murphy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I wouldn't want anyone dying who didn't choose to fight either.
    Jex.

Emanon

If picked I would go. People these days lack Honor.

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emanon
    If picked I would go. People these days lack Honor.
    Its not about honor, its about dying for something you dont believe in. I'm sorry, I dont believe in this war, I was against it, why should I have to fight in it?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast