Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: "I'll Command"

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I'll Command"

*"I'll Command"

We need more people saying this on the Tactical Gamer server. If you're not a commander, and you have a strong mic, what's stopping you?

If you didn't command when you started, consider picking it up now that you know the game better.

More commanders only ends in happiness.

Wyzcrak

oooo, hey wyz...i'm going to college next year, and they've got free t1 internet system there. you think i can get my mic to work again after that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The expression "duh" comes to mind.

I just don't like to command. I like to create strategies, but I'd far rather be the man on the ground than in the chair.
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: "I'll Command"

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    If you're not a commander, and you have a strong mic, what's stopping you?
    Um...maybe the fact that I suck? Seriously, I do well for gamestart, but quickly fall behind as midgame evolves. It's just best for everyone, I think...

Emanon
    Dont know about Wyz and Temp but commanding all the time gets boring. If you dont know what your doing then just pay attention to their strats and modify them how you like. BTW it isnt always the comms fault, sometimes no matter how good the commander is, he/she is only able to put you in the position to win the game. You marines are the ones who choose wether you want to win or not.

Rule of Thumb Dont depend on your Comm to feed you Med/ammo. Learn how to survive and take care of yourself and it will make you all that much better. Anymore then 1 med per every 2 skulks then that means you taking more res than giving.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I come from Arkansas, so if there's anything I understand (not first hand, of course), it's that having the same few people procreate over and over and over again, eventually you're just going to be left with three-eyed mutant children (who have a great affinity for Neal Diamond and mashed potatoes with red sauce, but I digress).

Ok so I've fallen victim to a tangent. The point is, the fewer commanders we have, on matter their skill level, the less fun we're going to have. No matter how creative they are, eventually you just get mashed potatoes with red sauce. Conversely, the more commanders we have, no matter their skill level (up to a point, of course), the more fun we're going to have.

This isn't about me, that's for sure. However, while commanding rarely realizes for me a state that I would describe as "boring," I find that I have a lot to offer on the ground, and lord knows that the marines are in no shortage of need for someone on the ground who can bring as much to that part of the game as I've brought to the COMM chair (*puts down personal horn, having tooted it*).

Wyzcrak

Quote Originally Posted by Bentley
    The expression "duh" comes to mind.

I just don't like to command. I like to create strategies, but I'd far rather be the man on the ground than in the chair.

look, i use cable at home and mic does squat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like the interface. I like killing things.

This may influence my next statement, but I think we need better ground soldiers. A comm's job should be easy. Frustration occurs when your marines are being stupid (or the comm sent them to an unholdable position, of which they should have informed him) and continually get their butts kicked.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MT should have blips on the Comm's minimap again. That's my beef with comming now.

My main problem as comm (aliens take note) is that I multitask poorly. I'm getting better, I grant you, but my record is holding at 4-for-NS. I have trouble keeping the whole map in mind from time to time.

But I'm in there, golly-gee-con-sarnit...

NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to try once i got back, although its probably different than 1.4.. so your probably have one more comm pretty soon..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll try more. I am decent as long as i have good players... it will take me a while to be the *lower,but upper God* like wyzcrak and tempus.. i'll try more though

i don't like comm, but my favorite comms are:
    (my favorite comms) not in any types of order(s):

1)Wyzcrak (my favoritest of the favoritest, one that i'll always trust)

2)Tempus (very nice and easily followed...orders make sense too :P)

3)Yellow-Asterisk (you gotta try this guy, he's unique...he'll make you guard like a statue )

4)Cobra (can get quite frustrated if his team sux0rz, but reliable and you'll have fun w/ him...i gurantee it)

other "[TG]" commanders are trusted too, but the ones i'll notice the most will be my following favorites.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kitfox is a great commander.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AreYouBreathing?
    Kitfox is a great commander.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunatly Kitfox seems to have fallen down a very deep hole.
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast