Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Week One Practice

Alright, I felt pretty inept after the first practice, but I spent a couple hours tonight and actually refueled twice in a row with no alt or speed hold. I know the objective wasn't to refuel, so I took my time trying to really come in smooth and easy. Making very small but quick throttle changes, and just barely moving the stick at all to make minor adjustments. I was succesful and feel much better about my abilities.

I can tell this is going to be a long road if we are going to do it right. But I can also see we can get pretty good fairly quickly with lots of practice. I think feedback from other team members will help as well.

My tidbit from this week; take your time, use small adjustments and think ahead. Don't get behind the aircraft as far as reacting to its position. You have to adjust before you need to. I think I read some where that you just have to "think" the small adjustments rather than cranking around the stick. Just small little fractions and just slightly before you think you need to do it.

Hope that helps someone. I'd like to hear how everyone else is doing, and maybe what we are preparing for next.
    New to TG? Start here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Week One Practice

I flew that mission last night on the TG server and managed to refuel (though height and speed hold are really needed because...) The boom doesn't drop until after you're locked into it. Once it's down you can then see it but there are weird things that can happen when refuelling online.

I'm hoping that once the boom is down everyone can see it from then on. With the boom down it's so much easier. Remember that the boom needs to be on your left and actually behind you.

I'll make a track for refuelling that I'll post so you guys can see exactly what I mean.

With regards to the weekend it was more of a meet than a practice. Next session will see a more intense training program. This will be the first official practice. I'll put up a post so we can organise times.
    Jex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Week One Practice

Yeah, I actually just through together a single KC10 mission where it flew all the way across the map. In SP the boom works fine.
    New to TG? Start here!