Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unchained Chambers Plugin

I've installed the unchained chambers plugin on the server.

http://www.modns.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=550

I need people to test it ASAP today, before the server gets busy. If it doesn't work, please report it. If it works, please do report that as well.

Please give feedback about this plugin in this thread.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Unchained Chambers Plugin

It's a known issue with this plugin that the chambers are free. To my knowledge, I have fixed this issue. I haven't tested this, and I need someone to confirm the fix.

It's also a known issue with this plugin that it takes effect during CO maps, which is unwanted. To my knowledge, I have fixed this issue. I haven't tested this, and I need someone to confirm the fix.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, chambers are not free *fixed*. As for CO, all I noticed was as marine when I died I could spec aliens. However, it cycled through all aliens quickly and annoyingly so I couldn't find out much. Also, once I changed view or cycled my self I could only spectate marines again. There were a few times where I got locked into one alien and could tell what it was up to, but wasn't lame in actually exploiting this. For NS, it works, no problems.

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had that problem before the plugin..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also have encountered this problem as recently ast Tuesday night.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HairyNevus
    As for CO, all I noticed was as marine when I died I could spec aliens.
    This is a known issue with the Cheesy Respawn System and has nothing to do with the chamber plugin being discussed in this thread. But thank you for pointing it out. Simple feedback, even if it's a misunderstanding, is helpful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<3 unchained chambers, it owns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had a problem last night where we had 3 hives, and 3+ of each chamber.

We lost the 3rd hive, then we can't put down sensory chambers via the menu. But you can via the binds.

I'm not sure if the 3rd hive was the sensory hive or not.

Anyone remember if you could but sensory down via the menu after the 3rd hive went up again?

Edit: unchained chambers pwns!
    --
    CaveDog
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be trying this out tonight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't had any problems yet but there should be some sort of announcement in the MotD concerning this plugin because it definitely confuses new people.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ----paranoid----
    When i respawned in bio dome i kept dropping through the floor near the rt and i couldn't get out.
    I previously (before the unchained plugin) have had this exact problem described to me in the exact place you described it. If it continues, in other places, let me know. Otherwise, I'll consider it a map problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    I previously (before the unchained plugin) have had this exact problem described to me in the exact place you described it. If it continues, in other places, let me know. Otherwise, I'll consider it a map problem.
    I'll second that. I have gotten stuck in biodome floor before upon respawn or movement (can't remember which, but it was one of those two...)
    --
    CaveDog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the strange thing i wasn't stuck as in I couldn't move, i was stuck inbetween the floor and the game running around, like when you clip outside the map the screen goes all funny. When i jumped up i landed on the floor but as soon as i moved i fell through again*L*
    I've seen that happen before this plug-in was loaded. It's rare though and chambers do seem to want to fall through the floor and merge more often now that the plugin is running.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I understand. I have heard of this before the unchained plugin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the strange thing i wasn't stuck as in I couldn't move, i was stuck inbetween the floor and the game running around, like when you clip outside the map the screen goes all funny. When i jumped up i landed on the floor but as soon as i moved i fell through again*L*
    lol, yeah, i could run around a bit, but i couldn't get out of the floor.
    --
    CaveDog