Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you guys with accurate shotgun 'enhancement'

if it's going to be allowed here, should make it available to everyone else at the very least. That last game of CO was very frustrating, the shotty is already powerful enough, and with an 'accurate shotgun' client alteration/gui mod/whatever there is no need for any other weapon, especially at lvl2 or 3.
    If it was meant to be as accurate as a pistol, it would have been programmed that way.
    |TG|Syn - [defense] :row__572:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: you guys with accurate shotgun 'enhancement'

l33t crosshair h4x. omf wtf bbq hax!

So remember that one time I was saying that most of the shotgun pellets don't shoot into the center of the screen, which is where your crosshair is. In fact it shoots to the upper right hand side a little more. Knowing where the pellets land is pure h4x. So it wouldn't he hard to find where these croshairs are, lets try looking on the ns.org forums? Seems some one posted a shotgun crosshair there that has 5 pellets outlined, the one's closest to eachother. l33t h4x on forums??

I have l33t crosshair h4x too, but it's out of the question for you to contact me on AIM so that I could send them to you. [sarcastic]

Emanon

The crosshairs dont help you much, I have them. They were suggested to people on the NS forums when someone mentioned a bug of where the shots land. The forum moderator was the one who created them and posted them.

BTW you cant snip with them, there is a fallout point of the shotgun. Try shooting the hive at different distances. Its somewhere around 20meters.

Also the server has been doing overtime which is possibly responsible for the shotgun's effectivness as of lately.

Check out this thread:
    http://forums.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=7295
    The videos provided usually wouldnt have landed as hits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Syn
    if it's going to be allowed here, should make it available to everyone else at the very least. That last game of CO was very frustrating, the shotty is already powerful enough, and with an 'accurate shotgun' client alteration/gui mod/whatever there is no need for any other weapon, especially at lvl2 or 3.
    If it was meant to be as accurate as a pistol, it would have been programmed that way.
    1) There is no "enhancement" that makes the shotgun more accurate
    2) There is no "client alteration/gui mod"
    3) The pellet pattern of the shotgun has been the same since 1.0
    4) A large proportion of experienced players know where the pellets go
    5) The alteration you speak of is a shotgun crosshair that shows where the pellets actually go
    6) The default crosshair is inaccurate because the center spread of actually up and to the right of the center of the crosshair
    7) Altering your crosshairs is a personal choice, not something evil. Most games have a selection of crosshairs for you to choose from. Don't make it seem like it's unskilled please.

Please read up on something before you post on it.

Link:
    http://www.ampednews.com/?page=forums&tid=3155

Edit: It is possible to snipe with the shotgun to a certain range, when the pellets dissapear.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's nothing to disallow. It's just a crosshair that is placed a bit up and to the right of the center of the screen. All it does is compensate for the flawed default crosshair, which is not actually located at the center of the shotgun blast. You'd get the same effect if you started aiming a little down and to the left of the target. I was about to make a thread about this myself. It's certainly nothing like a pistol; the pellets are still as spread out as before, it's just properly centered around the crosshair this way.

Here are the links. There are two main versions you can pick:

5 pellet marks inside the offset shotgun crosshair
    Just the pellet marks, also including the outer ones

Can anyone confirm whether or not the spread pattern is more or less exactly the same every time?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zek
    Can anyone confirm whether or not the spread pattern is more or less exactly the same every time?
    It is, just shoot a hive and look at the marks that are closest together, it never changes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no need for the sarcasm, I don't live in the NS community like some, apparently. I also don't think it's fair to knock someone down because s/he isnt up to speed on the latest technical faults of the game, or their workarounds. Especially from someone who represents the mature community you're trying to uphold.

This was a post based on my initial frustrations from, what i felt was an unbalanced advantage during an impossible game. I do believe any alteration (hud included) that is beneficial to a player, to be an enhancement.

I didnt think the calibre of player this server promotes used any such tweaks, my mistake.

No disrespect intended, see you in game.
    |TG|Syn - [defense] :row__572:

Emanon

no need for the sarcasm, I don't live in the NS community like some, apparently. I also don't think it's fair to knock someone down because s/he isnt up to speed on the latest technical faults of the game, or their workarounds. Especially from someone who represents the mature community you're trying to uphold.

This was a post based on my initial frustrations from, what i felt was an unbalanced advantage during an impossible game. I do believe any alteration (hud included) that is beneficial to a player, to be an enhancement.

I didnt think the calibre of player this server promotes used any such tweaks, my mistake.

Some seemed to take your post as an attack on their "skill", although you were just looking for information on the issue. Sometime you can get like this, just take a second and step back and ask someone who know about this or post about it in the forums like you did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked the quotes around 'enhancement.' I figured it was some euphemism alluding to all those "Natural Male Enhancements" e-mails I get spammed with everyday.

Needless to say, I'm a "little" dissapointed...

Ahahaha, I made a pun..shoot me now..

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shotgun crosshairs lasting four hours, though rare, require immediate medical attention.

I'm here all week. Try the chicken.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, is the position of the gun (any) at all coherent with placement and trajectory of the bullets? In other words, could you remove all crosshairs and then use your own personal aim (i.e. The Force) to be accurate?

I ask this because bullets are correctly modified in a certain mod I play and my aim in that mod (w/o crosshairs) is fairly good. Just trying to improve my game, exactly what it needs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a link to the crosshair:

http://www.natural-selection.org/for...howtopic=72633

Try it out, I find it quite helpful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love shotguns.....but they aren't as strong as you think...you can't blast an onos away even with like 8 pt blank shots....which sucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't going to respond, but it got to me -

In odrer from when you mentioned each topic in your post:
    Sarcasm may not have been needed, I'm a sarcastic person, sorry if you aren't.
    I don't need to live in the NS community to know about the game, and If you ever did look at the ns.org forums you'd see my post count is at best 5.
    It's not a latest flaw, it's been around since 1.0 and the dev's are just now working on it.
    I don't represent this community, I'm not a member, all I do is post on the boards, I don't uphold anything here.
    A little reserch could have prevented your frustrations
    It is an enhancement, but it dosn't grant anyone the ability to aim better than another person. When you play the game more you notice things, and people noticed that the shotgun spray was always the same.
    I'm sorry that you thought the calibre of players here on this PUBLIC server were against using tweaks to improve the way they play.

Most insluting of all is "No disrespect intended", the diction of the words you used in this post clearly meant disrespect towards me and the people that have my style of play.

Oddly enough, in that thread seraph posted somthing related to your not liking a solution to a problem.

*Two kids standing near a soda-dispenser machine

Kid #1 *puts dollar into dispenser machine*

*Soda-dispenser machine eats dollar, but does not give soda drink*

Kid #1 *repeats, with same effects until he runs out of dollars*

Kid #2 *kicks soda-dispenser machine*

*Soda-dispenser machine turns out a deformed can which was blocking the other cans from coming out*

*Soda-dispenser machine turns out the rest of the cans paid for by Kid #1*

Kid #1: "Man, I don't like this. It seems like an exploit."
    edit: grammar!
    Last edited by NothingMore.; 06-17-2004 at 03:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfire
    i love shotguns.....but they aren't as strong as you think...you can't blast an onos away even with like 8 pt blank shots....which sucks.

Im sorry to get off topic but wth is up with your bush sig.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast